Thread: One Complaint

beezneez's Avatar Civis

Default One Complaint

love the mod. i do have a complaint though. when i have AI reinforcements, they usually just sit and wait, instead of supporting my army. in my last battle, i sallied out from a besieged city, i had another stack of troops outside the city to support me in the battle. my allied army moved his units into a line in front of my city walls and stayed there. all that survived from my army was my general and a few troopers from various units that had broken. my allies laughed as the bits of some of my units ran in terror past them. is this typical for AI controlled allies to form up at the city gates to help against a city assualt or something? in a few field battles the allied AI was tenative also, but did join the fight, or the enemy Ai brought it to them.

so, that is my one complaint. as always, i appreciate and understand all the work thats been done, and this is a fantastic mod.
    "And so the population was gradually led into the demoralizing temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilization', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement."
    -The Roman Author Tacitus

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: One Complaint

If you're going to have an allied army, check 'control allied army' before entering the battle. Or something like that. The AI handles supporting armies stupidly....no surprise.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Also you may want to change "Unlimited units on the battlefield" in the preferences.txt file (in the preferences folder) to TRUE. Usually, they'll wait there until most of your units are dead before joining otherwise. It's to avoid excessive slow down on slower systems.
    Last edited by tone; February 24, 2007 at 01:13 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Also you may want to change "Unlimited units on the battlefield" in the preferences.txt file (in the preferences folder) to TRUE. Usually, they'll wait there until most of your units are dead before joining otherwise. It's to avoid excessive slow down on slower systems.
    Unlimited units? Does that mean I can control them all?
    Last edited by icyvoid; February 24, 2007 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    I never knew you could do that! Thanks!
    @beezneez: If your PC is too slow to have two stacks on the field, attack with the best one. At least then, you'll have an advantage.

You won't be able to control them all, so the AI will still control the other stack(s), but at least you'll get timely assistance if necessary or else overwhelming numbers of enemy if they're the ones with multiple stacks!

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

In other words: you won't have the "Reinforcements delayed" thing anymore
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

Exactly

pseudocaesar's Avatar Campidoctor

i always wondered what the reinforcements delayed thing was about cos it happened so often lol.

Proud Roma Surrectum Team member.
    Local Moderator for Roma Surrectum forums. PM if you need help there.

Question answered, Topic closed.
    What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? I venture to suggest that what we mean is a sense of national responsibility ... a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.