Thread: a few suggestions (easy to do i think)

Default a few suggestions (easy to do i think)

firstly i would like to say im am really liking these mods you geniouses are creating. the versions 1.0 of all these total war series just arnt up to scratch enough compared to the improvements by and end user.

i have just come here downloading the 1.9 version of your mod as i type this feeling VERY dissapointed in the fact i have to start again on one of my campaigns due to a crash bug on the fantastic mod RTJ, im sure you know the bug im talking about. so until they figure it out im moving on, but i've yet to see what else is under works.

reguarding your mod, i am happy to find out you've brough back the ROME 2 turns per year, as thisgives up a lot of time. in fact if i give you the bare maths of it, it brings the number of turns to be played to 900, which i love. i do fear from my experience with RTJ however that half way through this time there will be a crash bug. Ramm has made a rough guess that it was due to the events, so i hope thats been sussed out.

anyways, i recomend for this mod that you enable an ability to give the player access to naming his/her armys. i dont mean naming the generals. but you know how you may group and army together in battle.. well, i would like to be able to assign soldiers to a general (this would mean enabling recruitable generals if you havent already) and make those soldiers his army, thereby not mixing up forces.

the reason i request this is not out of shere experiement but i enjoy keeping my armies when they have completed their duty, i bring them back home, retrain them as veterans with their silver medals, then send back a full experienced force under the command of the same general back into battle.

also, a simple matter with the ages of characters, i do appriae that people to die of age, but i request that the age of generals do not increase, or for that matter, only agents and family members may age, cos i hate building up a generals traits only to know always that he is going to die.

thank you for reading this... essay. i hope it is usefull.#

sicarius

Default Re: a few suggestions (easy to do i think)

Hey Sicarius,

Thanks for your post. The best place to put ideas and suggestions is the 2.0 Wishlist thread at the top of the Deus lo Vult board.

I like the idea of naming armies "The Mighty Army of Prince William" but don't see how this can be implimented. It's something that Creative Assembly would have had to put into the code. You can name cities however if owned or once taken, just click on their name in each city's screen.

I don't agree thou' that generals should not age... Generals have to die sometime, and currently start young, tough and mobile (but inexperienced) but get middle aged and eventually, when worldly wise are weaker, less mobile, etc. Deus lo Vult is all about improving the role-playing aspect (as well as Repman and Drakken pulling in the best of the battle enhancements they can.

The 2.0 built will be out soon, so don't get too into a campaign (unless you're playing 24/7!) LOL!

Default Re: a few suggestions (easy to do i think)

thanks for the reply.

im not too suprized that naming armies wasnt possible but i thouht at first it might be, so its not 2 bad, just have to let veterans be veterans. i also understand about the generals, personally i would make tyhe change but its only a minor issue i suppose.

keep it up,
    sicarius