Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Wiki] Useful Modding-related Programs

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Useful Modding-related Programs

Yes, the AI programmed into spambots today has now exceeded the RTW AI.
    FATW maybe, works pretty well for EOD..

p.s. yes, Halie - you might well be right. I've been using that tool for probably two years; I started a long list (which listed that tool) at SCC which I believe (?) Arakorn/Apoc have added to this past year or so...I've not had time to check and compare but I'm sure arakorn or someone will - heck, it would be horrible doing modding without that tool.
    Hmm, well i never...cheers for the info...

What? Giga tribe? What are you talking about?

Kdiff3
    http://kdiff3.sourceforge.net/(Free)

Monkwarrior suggested this me and it is very very useful if you want to port stuff from 1.2 to 1.5

Busy!!!

very useful and informative thread! i've been playing TW games and mods for many years now and would like to try my hand at modding as well. any suggestions as to the minimum software/program requirements without which i couldn't get started? any help would be greatly appreciated.

well, it depends what you want to do. Technically, you don't need anything but Notepad to do a large part of modding. But thats just coding and scripting. If you want to do graphical work, you would need a 2d program like photoshop... or you could get a free one like the GIMP. For 3d editing you would need 3Ds Max for RTW or Milkshape 3D for M2TW.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

Thanks a lot!

Mayan-Man's Avatar Miles

i've never ever moddid any units in my life and have mostly been confined to the dark and dingy halls of descr_strat (i gave greeks amazon chariots and macedon i gave hoplites, try it yourself it works great for macedon & the hoplites) but im interested in creating a unit a putting it into the game, i'd quite like a list of the best REQUIRED FREE programms for unit skinning

Quote Originally Posted by drak10687 View Post
    well, it depends what you want to do. Technically, you don't need anything but Notepad to do a large part of modding. But thats just coding and scripting. If you want to do graphical work, you would need a 2d program like photoshop... or you could get a free one like the GIMP. For 3d editing you would need 3Ds Max for RTW or Milkshape 3D for M2TW.
    You can use GMax for both nowadays. the cas importer/exporter for rome works with GMax and KnightErrant has a MS3D importer/exporter that works perfectly with GMax as well as a bone weighting tool that works exceptionally well. So there is no real need to purchase 3ds or milkshape anymore. Also GMax is free.

I didn't know GMax allowed exporting in the CAS format. I thought it was only able to import.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

hi
    one of the useful programs from my PST file is PST password Recovery Software. It provides recovery to forgotten password. I tried this software, when i get lossed my password. If you want to get this software then visit http://www.pstpasswordrecovery.com

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    You can use GMax for both nowadays. the cas importer/exporter for rome works with GMax and KnightErrant has a MS3D importer/exporter that works perfectly with GMax as well as a bone weighting tool that works exceptionally well. So there is no real need to purchase 3ds or milkshape anymore. Also GMax is free.
    OMG :O Download link for Gmax and .cas importer/exporter for it please

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

A syntax highlighter for Sublime Text 3.
    Compatible for descr_strat and export_descr_unit file, will be updated soon

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post15166776
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234