Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Wiki] Upload sites

Default [Wiki] Upload sites

Information from this thread, and some recent updates, have been transferred to the TWC wiki, here;

Upload Sites

If you have further information please feel free to edit the wiki page (if you haven't already got one, request a wiki account HERE)

Alternatively, leave a message in this thread.

Default Re: Upload sites

For anyone wondering why I'm posting this I recently had complete nightmare trying to find somewhere to upload 200MB of file (FileFront was down). I was looking for a site preferably with DL counter, without obscene adverts for the end user and preferably without DL link so well hidden that you'd have to explain to every user where to find it. Also preferably site that actually gave you DL link after you'd spent 2 hours uploading to it, bahh!

To try and help out anyone else in the same situation I would be grateful if anyone else could add other recommendations or supply updates on the performance of the sites already listed. If there gets to be a lot of info. here I'll try and incorporate it in top post (hence DP). Could also be useful thing to add to the Wiki so anyone can update ?!

Your wish is my command....:wink:

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/index.php?/Upload_Sites
    Last edited by Perikles; March 30, 2007 at 11:48 AM.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

I also use http://www.filefactory.com/ as well as filefront and megaupload.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Sendspace

Upload Cap: 300MB

http://www.yourfilelink.com/

50mb limit, have to go through some ads, but usefull for small files.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

Maced0n's Avatar Domesticus

Upload sites that have URL-upload (upload from link of other site)
    Megashares
    Upload66
    Vietsharing
    Filemonster
    Sharebigfile

Most of them need a registration but its free.

Thanks MacedOn, I hadn't really looked at URL uploading as something to check for, I think some of those already listed might have it as well once you're registered so I'd need to check those as well, if its a useful thing to add to descriptions.

I assume for that to work you have to have ftp'd file to plain website address first?? Assume it doesn't take things from an existing download link page? (you may have detected by now I don't know much about this)

Have small personal preference against Sharebigfile as it's the one that froze on me after uploading 200MB to it - but that is probably just one of those random problems.

Maced0n's Avatar Domesticus

Yes you need a direct download link, but there is a lot of upload sites that have direct download link's Divshare, so u upload file here and than with url upload u create mirors for that file in sites i mentone above,Basicly u upload file once and u have it upload in several servers, its good for big files and for one with slow connection.

Should we list mods that can upload other mods too?

The Fourth Age: Total War.org has alot of free bandwidth ATM I think...

@Arakorn-eir, if its something likely to be generally available its definitely worth listing, I'd probably put it as separate sub-section, but if mods own sites are willing to host others, as well as DL service it would also give potential for cross publicity between the hosted mods. For FaTW could you find out who the contact to apply to would be and if there would be any conditions, in that case LTR related / selected mods only / open offer, etc?

(completely side question if you've got that much space is that own server or generous host service - I'm having trouble with hosting room for a few screenies!)

EDIT: Never mind. Talked with Apoc just, (he's the one who pays for it), and he'll post later.
    Last edited by Arakorn; February 28, 2007 at 07:07 AM.

It would have to be on a case-by-case (or mod-by-mod ) basis, where the mod leader contacts me (or Arakorn) with the details, and I decide whether we have the space and bandwidth available to host it - I wouldn't put any other conditions on it than that. I'm already hosting certain LotR-related mods for other games, so there is nothing wrong with hosting TW mods, provided I have the space/bandwidth for it.

@Arakorn-eir & -apocalypsis-
    I think in retrospect, as that is going to be so variable - according to bandwidth available at the time, fit between various mods etc. and subject to personal negotiation that it actually isn't something to include in overall list, which is more for publicly available services. Thanks for posting info though

And I will get round to entering the URL upload stuff soon.........

http://hyperupload.com/
    10mb limit, and 20sec wait before you DL, but again, its usefull for small files, and it includes a discription.

also, aparently it says that there is not time limit, and that the file can be removed at will by the uploader.
    Last edited by drak10687; February 28, 2007 at 05:36 PM.
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

Sorted into descending order of upload size, availability of URL uploads added and other suggestions added.

Didn't add Upload66, upload page is fine but current advert on DL page is for XXX rated vids and includes f word, in smallish print but possibly against ToS / not necessarily good idea to link to!?

And gahhh, something in checking through that lot appeared to try and send me Trojan, McAfee popped up and said it had blocked one but not where it came from and I can't find log of event! Added proviso about doing test to check DL's before posting links.

free hosting file

http://www.upfordown.com/

Hi, welcome to the forum and thanks for the suggestion - do you know anything about that site? I couldn't spot any information like what size files it takes or how long files remain on it and I was trying to include that sort of info. on the listing.

for upfordown:
    you can upload files, photos, video/flash, or audio
    however, each one only accepts certain file types, for example, you can only upload zipped files.
    max upload size is 25mb

another one is http://www.badongo.com/
    limit is 1 gig, registration is optional, and i think you get a delete link.
    however, last and only time i uploaded CTW on there (about 300mb) it split the file into 3 parts, which had to be DL'ed separately, and then you had to DL and use their software to put the file back together... a bit of a pain, but may be useful for those with a slow or unstable connection...

Consilium Belli member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast