Thread: Surrectum Music Mod Beta

Default Surrectum Music Mod Beta

This is actually more up to date then the internal release, this is just the work completed thus far:

STEPS

1. Delete or rename EVENTS.DAT in your DATA/SOUNDS directory, otherwise this will not work.

2. Download the file from http://files.filefront.com/Surrectum.../fileinfo.html or http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EQYLT1VK

3. Extract it to your main directory.

4. Keep in mind this is a beta of the work I have done so far, only 1 battle track exists (battle track from gladiator) and this will eventually span into sound editing/changes as well.

5. Enjoy the work done so far.

6. Leave feedback. (Too strong? Not properly mixed? Too weak? Good? Bad?)

7. Remember, this is a W.I.P. At this point it is only geared towards the Roman Campaign. Later it will include the barbarian, eastern and arabic cultures.

(If the download doesn't work immediately do not get discouraged, check back.. it seems filefront is slow at actually getting these files up)

Disclaimer:

Respective artists (thus far):

Hans Zimmer - Gladiator (amazing artist)

E.S. Posthumus - Unearthed (more amazing work)

Globus - Epicon (underground but well deserved)

Iestyn Davies, Catherine Bott, Harry Gregson-Williams (all worked hard on that familiar music from Kingdom of Heaven)

Note: It is illegal to DL or contain copyrighted music without a said bought copy of that original work. This contains the work of many authors (who's respective compact disc's can be found on amazon and similar) who deserve to get paid for their job as much as you or I. If you like the music, buy the music. This is original music in a moddable form for Rome: Total War. A original copy of the music should be owned prior to download.
    Last edited by icyvoid; February 20, 2007 at 06:26 AM.

pseudocaesar's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Surrectum Music Mod Beta

download wouldnt work for me atm, il be sure to keep trying!

Proud Roma Surrectum Team member.
    Local Moderator for Roma Surrectum forums. PM if you need help there.

I think it takes a day or so for filefront to get in gear with uploads. I'll upload a mirror to megaupload before I go to bed.

Done, a mirror at megaupload exists.
    Last edited by icyvoid; February 20, 2007 at 06:26 AM.

DOWNLOADIN now!

----------------------------

Ok so I just continued my campaign and when I enter a battle its the same old RTW music. Is the new music randomly put in?

Double post merged - Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr; February 21, 2007 at 06:17 AM.

1. Delete or rename EVENTS.DAT in your DATA/SOUNDS directory, otherwise this will not work.
    this is to meet character requirements for this post

oops I forgot

--------------------------------------

Alright now that ive got it working heres what ive noticed so far:
    Pros:
    1)Great battle music, I like the music that really brings out the epicness(word?) in a battle, please get more of that music.
    2)Campaign music is pretty good I like it.

Cons:
    1 Really only one)Please if you can make the music louder. I went to my audio settings and turned the music all the way up and the effects down, it works but I think it would be better if you could make it louder.

Good Work and hope im being helpful

Double post merged - Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr; February 21, 2007 at 06:18 AM.

I agree, music needs to be louder. You may need to compress or limit it if you're hitting 0dB on the peaks.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Be more specific? Which music needs to be louder? Campaign or Battle?

To be honest I specifically worked on that, I had campaign music louder, but realized you couldn't hear little things.. like building que sounds or a general saying 'Commander!' so I adjusted the amp down 30%.

As far as the battle music, I had it blasted, but then realized it was too loud, same thing.. you had a problem hearing 'cohort!' and general battle sounds.

You guys have to realize if I go any louder there will be minor distortion in the battle map. I could boost campaign however, but to me it would detract from the game.

All music was designed for your sound settings to be MAX for all settings.

Let me know.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Installed the Music MOD following the instructions and it works... it works fantastic
    Setup Main/Music to 100% and Speech/Events to 75% (maybe wrong but it was my feeling and adjusted while playing).
    The gladiator music on battle add fascinating athmosphere while all your units are shown on battlefield before positioning!
    The music on StraMap is quite right for the tactical/strategic management.
    For future release could be possible to raise up music?
    I mean that while on StratMap I got a "Navy Battle Report": the sound was so high that I slowed down volume, but raising up after to listen Strat Map music. I found the difference too big...
    By the way a very very good work
    Waiting for Greek and Barbarians updates with very high curiosity for which will be the themes....

I'll see about a 15% campaign amp boost.

hi can you lead me into this pathway ?
    so there is no mistakes.
    also is this save campat. ?

dominic's Avatar Libertus

2 icyvoid

I've installed your music mod - great!!! many thanks!

the main direct. wou;ld be RTW right?
    not RTW/ Data ?

Yes main directory.

GREAT MUSIC !! I LOVE IT !!!
    Did you also put in more sounds on the map? and battlefield?
    thanks sir ! Salute!!

In the future yes, sounds will be edited in campaign and battle. Hopefully I'll be able to give more attention to modding this weekend. I haven't had much time personally over the past few days.

Glad you like the 'taste'! We are talking internally about giving a player more specific music control. If it goes through, you'll have Squid to thank for that.