Thread: Messed up Roads?

Default Messed up Roads?

I am playing a few years as the Byzantines and it seems the roads are screwed up - it is taking me yearsssss to march anywhere.

1. No roads east of Constantinople - Crossing the landbridge can happen but you can never get roads over on the east side so its hard to walk to eastern side of the bosporus.

2. Invisible roads. I build Dirt Roads in the province NE of Constantinope (Sinope?) and they just don't show up at all. Its really annoying because it is taking my prince years to march out of there and I want him to go on a conquering spree before he dies.

3. Princesses move WAYYYYYYY too slow. They should be at least as fast as spies (OR EVEN FASTER) since it really is just a princess on a horse with a bunch of knights guarding her, realistically.

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Messed up Roads?

You should post this in the bugs section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

You sure you have 4.1? Roads were fixed in it a lot.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Since 4.1 I've had no problems with roads in that area. In 4.0 I did but not since KK fixed them.

And yes, you should post this in the bugs thread

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

ya, i'm pretty sure all those roads are their for me.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Sinop for sure. I remember it very well. Use boat for everything else. Much faster.

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    You sure you have 4.1? Roads were fixed in it a lot.
    Sorry about what I said Delra's right though
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.