Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bugs and issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Bugs and issues

I don't think you'll find.... any! but if you do post them here and Maky will fix them.

Semisalis

Default Re: Bugs and issues

I downloaded and installed the game perfectly, just like in eod readme. Everything worked fine, until the loading screen showed up, then I received
    an error message saying " Script Error in data/descr_building.txt, at line 50, column 9. Building db, expected faction culture or season ". Please, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE fix this problem, or my small brother would **** himself than commit suicide.

I think that one is because you missed out a stage in the installation process, and didn't have the necessary vanilla BI files in the EOD folder before running the installer.

Please try again following these steps carefully.

Within your Rome Total War installation, as you have already run the installer delete the existing folder called 'eod' from the bi folder. Then make a copy of the entire 'bi' folder using the copy and paste commands, so you end up with folders called 'bi' and 'copy of bi'. Rename the folder called 'copy of bi' to 'eod'. Then drag the 'eod' folder into the 'bi' folder.

Once you have done that run the installer again.

Semisalis

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never had a help from outside, I FEEL SOO HAPPY. NOW IT WORKS FINALLY. Thank you for support tips.

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by halie satanus View Post
    I don't think you'll find.... any! but if you do post them here and Maky will fix them.
    Actually there are two faces missing from germanic archer mesh(pic) (vanilla mesh used was bugged)... nothing else spotted so far :hmmm:... good work
    Last edited by Arbaces; February 19, 2007 at 12:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Bahhhhhh!! ok, will fix at some point. bugged vanilla model bahhh.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; February 19, 2007 at 01:28 PM.

Semisalis

I am back again. Now I download Troy Total War and installed, and it works. But then when I opened end of days, a message appeared and it says "Failed to initialise 3D audio". It happened to me before, but I repaired them. They Say that you have too many mods. So I deleted them , and still I get this error message. AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Semisalis

Icon10 Re: Bugs and issues

DON"T THE REPLY THAT I ADDED BEFORE. I SOLVED THE PROBLEM. From afternoon to night. I forget that I deleted Miles Folder. Suddenly I got a new error. WHY ME, WHY ME. I am telling the truth, I am not lying. I swear to Allah. The Message Say's" Generic Error descr_strat strategic place. OH PLEASE HELP THIS TIME JUST FOR ONCE. Now my small brother is wearing a big diaper in U.A.E. Dubai Emirates MALL. THANK YOU BYE BYE.
    YOU HAVE ONLY ONE DAY TO ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; February 21, 2007 at 11:34 AM.

@Emperor, Please don't use BIIIGGG letters, we will reply just as quick without - glad you solved audio problem as I had no idea on that.....

.....unfortunately I'm not sure on new problem either. If this new error also only occurred after you installed Troy - it may be to do with that not being compatible with End of Days. End of Days will work over a clean installation of RTW/BI 1.6 or with other mods that are contained entirely within their own mod folder e.g. Fourth Age TW. The original games will also continue to function. However if you install another mod that overwrites part of RTW/data folder it may stop End of Days functioning. Please ask (in small type) on Troy forum if their mod - is contained in mod-folder and if any RTW files are overwritten.

If you have disc space and are unsure about compatibility it is better to make a full copy of your original installation to install new mod on.

And small brother's wearing diapers are too young to play RTW!

Semisalis

Well I uninstalled Troy Total War. Restarted and even uninstalled rome total war barbarian invasion. I am sorry for using big words. Then I installed rome total war and Barbarian invasion. Then uninstalled end of Days. Installed it again. But it still say Cannot Read descr_lighting strategy, Generic Error. I have sacrificed myself for troy total war. I have three local hardrive. I checked every hard drive and every on has free disk space, like 100GB for C, 99GB for E and Memorex J 161GB. I installed all of them in J drive. Try to fix this error. And I have never met a polite, good and helpful person. Like in this site. But in my life nooo.

I don't think this is anything I can fix within End of Days! As you're the only one meeting this problem I assume you still have mangled installation.... first off as you re-installed BI do double check that you have it to v1.6, launch BI and select options - version number appears in top right corner of screen.

Not sure if you said you'd completely uninstalled RTW as well as BI? If not it maybe that that is necessary. To do things in sequence you'd delete the eod folder from within bi folder (we don't have un-installer as that is all that's needed - apart from video which shouldn't matter) then uninstall BI then RTW (do that at your own risk - it should work fine and I've done it a few times, but there's always off chance un-installing stuff that it can go wrong). Then re-install RTW and BI again and check you have version 1.6.
    Note: if any files where left behind in the old RTW directory when you unistalled, either delete them manually before re-installing or make sure you re-install to a different directory.

If you do install again, this time before installing any mod check both original games work OK, then as you have plenty of space, make a full copy of the entire activision/program files/RTW directory. Always leave that copy alone and just make another copy of it if you need to install another mod you're not sure is compatible. That should save you ever having to un-install etc again.

After all that try installing EoD again on your working copy of BI.............

I'm getting a CTD when taking Jerusalem from Islamics in the provincial campaign. No error notice, just a boot to desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by JF04
    I'm getting a CTD when taking Jerusalem from Islamics in the provincial campaign. No error notice, just a boot to desktop.
    Oh , is this repeatable if you play the same battle / turn again? Was the battle that gave you city one where Islam sent another army to relieve a siege?

If it is repeatable please could you please send me the save file from just before it? Either zip and upload it somewhere and give link or by Email it to me (mak'at'paintedwolf.co.uk), thanks.

The original time, I was attacked by an Islamic relief army, and the garrison army sallied as well. I was able to completely destroy the garrison army, so won the city as a result of the successful defense. This caused a CTD.

However, When I repeated the turn, the garrison army wasn't completely destroyed, and I took the city on the next turn via assault. This time, no CTD.

I think the autosave of that turn has been lost as a result - sorry!

Thanks for the reply, JF04, that CTD where you completely destroy the garrison army when they come on as reinforcements does seem to happen with most mods ( I think / hope we actually have it less than most ). Generally for me playing during testing I've been able to take cities by completely destroying the reinforcing garrison without problems.....
    but anyway if you do have that problem, you've found solution - play again without completely destroying garrison. It's also always good idea to make sure you do some additional saves as well as auto-save whatever you're playing, even vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by JF04 View Post
    The original time, I was attacked by an Islamic relief army, and the garrison army sallied as well. I was able to completely destroy the garrison army, so won the city as a result of the successful defense. This caused a CTD.

However, When I repeated the turn, the garrison army wasn't completely destroyed, and I took the city on the next turn via assault. This time, no CTD.

I think the autosave of that turn has been lost as a result - sorry!
    Same problem here, happened as I clicked the "slave" button

LennStar, there is a known issue with that sort of crash for most mods, we don't seem to have it any more than any other mod but it apparently has happened to a couple of people. If you replay the battle you will probably find it doesn't happen again, to make doubly sure it doesn't don't destroy the whole of the army that comes out of the town.

Out of interest in-case there is anything I can pin down, which faction were you (Albion still?) and which town and faction were you besieging?

Great work, guys. I've only had one ctd in almost 50 turns, but it was a bad one. I was playing as Albion and was in a bridge battle against Satanae. I had just routed the last of their troops, when it just crashed. Any idea why this is happening?

@Dayemon - Not at the moment - that's not something we've encountered in testing at all, is vague possibility it could just be computer related (I have actually managed to hang mine by trying to have 10 different programs open in background - when umm, multi-tasking).

Predictable question do you have save from before battle? If so please could you send. And if you replayed battle from save, did CTD recur?

Blog Entries

Remember as well that RTW/BI does have the odd random crash with no explanation, as well as the three battles in a row bug that rears it's ugly head now and then. (though never when i lose a battle!!):hmmm:

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast