Default Re: Bugs and issues

Quote Originally Posted by stadnichenko View Post
    For all game I didn't find any bug
    that's great news, thanks for posting

Tiro

'script error in data/descr_building_battle.text,at line 50 column9,
    building db,expected faction culture or season'

This is no installation problem. EOD proper works fine in the same installation placement; with the 3 factions submod installed on top, it gives this error. The submod is bugged somehow.
    Last edited by jrhindo; March 28, 2018 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhindo View Post
    'script error in data/descr_building_battle.text,at line 50 column9,
    building db,expected faction culture or season'

This is no installation problem. EOD proper works fine in the same installation placement; with the 3 factions submod installed on top, it gives this error. The submod is bugged.
    First I've heard of it. And the submod has been out in the world for quite a number of years now..
    Installation problem might be the first likely suspect, second would be if you're mixing and matching modifications (including editing some files yourself).

Frist advice would be a careful reinstall, following all the directions step by step and see if that covers it.

Tiro

Your submod is on moddb in the same page as EoD, might be why you dont hear about it directly (not to mention many of these mods are now older than elementary school children. I dont personaly expect any responses in most cases to be honest, that the forums are still active is incredible).

Also theres several reports of the same error message in this thread, and 90% of people dont dare touch anything anyways, so its not about modifications to the files. That error happens just after installation like i said, the steps were followed

Your submod is on moddb in the same page as EoD, might be why you dont hear about it directly (not to mention many of these mods are now older than elementary school children. I dont personaly expect any responses in most cases to be honest, that the forums are still active is incredible).
    It's true, they are... we are quickly becoming just downright ancient...

Also theres several reports of the same error message in this thread, and 90% of people dont dare touch anything anyways, so its not about modifications to the files. That error happens just after installation like i said, the steps were followed
    So jrhindo - I checked both the forums here AND the EoD page over at ModDB and I did discover that yes, people had reported the same error. But, I also discovered that those same people eventually reported the cause of their error was an incorrect installation. So, the answer is to carefully follow the installation instructions.

It is an easy mistake to make though as the installation instructions for EoD are a bit more complicated than for some other mods (requires a full copy of BI folder, and user to manually drop/copy/replace the correct files in the right places). But, the detailed installation instructions are fairly easy to follow, just need to remember to follow them step-by-step so as to not miss one!

Good luck!

My settlements don't seem to have religious unrest from Paganism, is this intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    My settlements don't seem to have religious unrest from Paganism, is this intended?
    It sounds quite likely that we would have decided that paganism wasn't something that should upset people

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Freedom to frolic among the furry woodland creatures at night, sounds a winning credo to me.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789