Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Announcing an EPIC mod- The Belgariad

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus
    SJ, MM, Republic of the Banana (Philippines)

Default Re: Announcing an EPIC mod- The Belgariad

Well, I can do some text work, I'm not the best at it, but I do tend to sleep very little so I guess I could make time.

One word of advise, it might be worthwhile to wait for patch 1.2 to come out before actually doing more than pre-planning.

@ Lopus

text work meaning texturing? Good point with the patch 1.2 thing...do you know anything about it's release date?

There is a lot of texturing work to be done! Especially on armour and surcoats! Or skinning, or whatever it might be. As soon as I get my proper version of Photoshop and 3ds max I will train myself in it...

also a lot of pre-planning has to be done anyways. i don#t know how far Epic did come yet

Student, I'll PM you the link to the megaupload file and you can see how far the mapping has come along

King_George's Avatar Laetus

great! those books were the first books that I really liked, and I still think they are great! If youre searching for Betatesters, just contact me.
    anyway, good luck and may the Gods be with you...

BETA-Tester --- Just PM me

"In the beginning, we make our choices.
    In the end, our choices make us" - Mii

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus
    SJ, MM, Republic of the Banana (Philippines)

Quote Originally Posted by student23 View Post
    @ Lopus

text work meaning texturing? Good point with the patch 1.2 thing...do you know anything about it's release date?

There is a lot of texturing work to be done! Especially on armour and surcoats! Or skinning, or whatever it might be. As soon as I get my proper version of Photoshop and 3ds max I will train myself in it...

also a lot of pre-planning has to be done anyways. i don#t know how far Epic did come yet
    Nope, text as in text (.txt files) I have this OCD, which mixed with insomnia, means I get a lot of work done.

True...I'm suffering of insomnia quite a bit myself...well as soon as the work can start i think there won't be any objection to officially add you to the team!!

Hate to revive an old thread (extremely old) but did this mod ever get anywhere? I'm quite interested in the Belgariad.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

I supose they quited...It does seems like a nice idea for a mod, even do what i would really like to see is Oblivion: Total War

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Again a half year passed and someone comments here
    I think some people might be interested in this mod, I know I am.
    Unfortunately I do not have the modding skills to do this. I've managed to change one unit in Napoleon total war lol.
    Too bad, this has died, but are there any modders out there willing to do this?

I would love to try to resurrect this - after all, the Belgariad is an epic series, but I'm working on Hidden Flame: Total War at the moment. However, if a team was put together, I would love to participate in it, but not lead it, since I doubt I could handle heading and bearing the brunt of the work of 2 different mods.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Too bad that I can't mod MTWII (I've only been able to retexture one unit in NTW)
    Otherwise I could help...
    Luckily you're interested, so there still might be some hope for the future

sorry to necro, but i love this series, and would support anyone building a mod of it. i have some coding experience, but all the graphical stuff would have to go with someone else.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Well. One post after three years, then another one a year later, then another the next year.

This is one thread that just refuses to die. Maybe it's a zombie?

Torak's Avatar Libertus

Maybe because it is an epic world to make a mod for

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12