Thread: Announcing an EPIC mod- The Belgariad

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Announcing an EPIC mod- The Belgariad

The Belgariad

"And the time shall come when I have Lordship and domination over all the earth, and all peoples shall be mine. Hear me, ye peoples, and fear me. Bow down before me and worship me. For I am Torak, forever King of Kings, Lord of Lords, and God alone to this world which I have ca
    used to be."

The Belgariad focuses on bringing the fantasy world of David and Leigh Eddings' The Belgariad to life in Medieval 2: Total War. This mod will bring a total of 15 factions, ranging from the legions of Imperial Tolnedra to the hordes of Mallorea.

Faction list:
    • The Kingdom of Riva
    • The Kingdom of Cherek
    • The Kingdom of Drasnia
    • The Kingdom of Sendaria
    • The Grand Duchy of Mimbre
    • The Duchy of Asturia
    • The Tolnedran Empire
    • Cthol Murgos
    • Mishrak ac Thull
    • Gar og Nadrak
    • The Mallorean Empire
    • The Melcene Empire
    • The Seven Kingdoms of Karand
    • The Kingdom of Algaria
    • Nyissa
    The Kingdoms of the West and East are in turmoil. The once-strong alliances that bonded the nations of Riva, Cherek, Drasnia, and Algaria together have long since shattered. Petty territorial disputes and political squabbling have pushed these proud and independent nations to minor bloodshed. Though no protracted conflict has occurred yet, it is only a matter of time.

In the East, 'Kal Zakath has taken control of all Mallorea, uniting the eastern continent under his rule. The only independent nations in the far East are the Seven Kingdoms of the Karands, who are so split and divided that they pose little threat. However, the other threat is far more substantial...the Melcene Empire, hailing from their island homeland, has conquered much of the eastern coast of Mallorea. Indeed, they boast something that the Malloreans cannot hope to match- elephant calvary. After watching three battalions trampled to death by Melcene elephant calvalry, the Malloreans were quick to send diplomats east and establish peace.

Truth be told, the Melcene civilization is one of the most advanced in the world. A nation of architects, scientists, alchemists, and military geniuses has led the Melcenes on the road to discover a power far greater then ever seen before...a strange black powder they named "genuivine pvdwytr", or more commonly known as gunpowder. This simple, elegant substance may give these island pioneers the edge they need over their enemies...and the power to establish an empire.

'Kal Zakath of Mallorea is not standing idly by, however. Marshalling a huge host of troops, he has crossed the Sea of the East and is systemically laying siege to the fortress cities of Cthol Murgos. He bears a hatred for the Murgo race that is an obsession to him, a burning passion to cleanse his enemies from the face of the earth. Zakath realizes that once he completes his conquest of the Murgos, he will face whichever Kingdom can unite the disparate Western kingdoms together. Like two great tides, they will clash, and their conflict will determine the fate of most of the world.

The Murgos, however, will not give up without a fight. With most of their provinces still under their control, they will need to marshal their remaining forces and drive the Malloreans back. If they can succeed in accomplishing this, perhaps the Murgos can take the fight back to Mallorea herself.

To the north of the Murgo Kingdom lies the Empire of Tolnedra. Boasting the mightiest army in the West, the Imperial Legions can strike any direction they wish. To the north lies the Grand Duchy of Mimbre and the never-ending civil war between the Mimbrates and Asturians. The Tolnedrans can capitalize on this conflict quite easily, seeing as how several legions stand poised on the border. To the west lies the endless conflict of the Murgos and Malloreans, with the Thullish Kingdom and the Nadraks caught between the two warring superpowers. There is much to be gained in the east...and the North. The militarily weak Kingdom of Sendaria lies to the North- a few Legions sent that directions could expand the borders of the Empire considerably.

The Grand Duchy of Mimbre and its Duke, Korodullin, is thought to be the crown of Arendia. Arendia, consisting of Mimbre and Asturia, is locked in an endless conflict, with no end in sight. Mimbrate knights ravage the lands not under Mimbrate rule and Asturian archers take a peculiar delight in riddling any Mimbrate they find with several dozen arrows. If the Mimbrates can subdue their rebel brothers, the new-found Kingdom could annex the lands of Sendaria. Taking these valuable farmlands could open up the Kingdom to something greater- boasting the best heavy calvary in the world, the present Duchy has a very real chance of expanding into a Kingdom...and perhaps something more.

Current progress- Map is being, well, mapped. This mod has been in planning mode for a very long time, waiting for the right game. We've looked at EE, R:TW, etc, and have decided on MTW2 to host the mod. The team and I are currently working out exactly how to go about creating it- we're new to this game. Once we figure things about, progress will go much more rapidly. On the note of the actual map, we'll be cutting the mod into two parts: the Kingdoms of the West, then the East.
    Last edited by EPIC Elegy; February 17, 2007 at 11:02 PM.