Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: AD: Gameplay Discussion Thread

Default AD: Gameplay Discussion Thread

Let's organize the subforum

This thread is for discussions, advices, etc about the gameplay of AD.

BUGS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE "AD: BUGS THREAD"

Default Re: AD: Gameplay Discussion Thread

Does AD include a 2 handed bug fix?

Not yet, it will be in future as I'm redesigning all the units.

AD 0.93 uses Darth Vader OS 16 modifications which improves also 2h units behaviour but I don't think it's a proper "fix".

its a bit srange that a garison of 2000 soldiers cant contain a population of 3000.

may want to look at adding something were if the population of a city is less than a 4:1 ratio of civilian vs soldier they will not revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatar98 View Post
    its a bit srange that a garison of 2000 soldiers cant contain a population of 3000.

may want to look at adding something were if the population of a city is less than a 4:1 ratio of civilian vs soldier they will not revolt.
    Usually is the garrison which revolts

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Anno Domini New Versions Announcements - Bug Fixes

Re Berengario, it's possible to reduce waiting time between turns in one of your next versions?

Default Re: Anno Domini New Versions Announcements - Bug Fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Komnenos View Post
    Re Berengario, it's possible to reduce waiting time between turns in one of your next versions?
    I wish it would possible but it's in the hand of CA to make the MTW2 scripting more efficient because I won't cut features and I just could try to polish things up.

RE Be can u add burrek texture all of them with DM OS 19 as well as add real combat andreal arrow in it

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

I enjoy the setting you've created with this mod.

I don't enjoy fighting rebels and having to keep my armies in towns or I go bankrupt. I would prefer the field army script over this 2000 a general in the field minimum. I find for hours I'm just building my starting towns with no real possibility to do anything but fight the same type of rebels over and over. Frankly I got bored. I'm not sure what is the solution but even if there is only a 2% chance to spawn a rebel army I get them every few turns; 2% times 10 provinces? Fighting rebels and hiding in my towns is all I'm doing for over 30 turns.

After 30 turns I still can't do much but sit and wait for the AI to finish and then fight the same rebels.
    I'm not interested in winning an argument with a moron on the Internet. - G Rider

30 turns are just 15 years.

What is really needed is more varied rebel troops both in number and quality, and there will be (this is also why I'm working to rewriting the rosters).

But if you are looking for a mod which let you conquer half Europe in 30 turns Anno Domini isn't sincerely that kind of mod and it will never be, not because I don't like that kind of gameplay, but because for that kind of gameplay Vanilla MTW2 is enough.

I prefer to be clear than to people to get frustrated.

I forgot to say one important thing.

What for sure will change in future version is the recruitment system and which buildings will be already present at startup.

I found out very irrealistic that players need to wait years and years before being able to recruit simple troops like archers or that pretty developed cities don't have a basic tanner or a church.

I think that this will also help to remove some of the "boredom".

it would be neat if you send a low loyality general far away he may rebel and join the lesser faction where a % of your troops in the city join him

Quote Originally Posted by Alatar98 View Post
    it would be neat if you send a low loyality general far away he may rebel and join the lesser faction where a % of your troops in the city join him
    It's likely to happen right now, make a try

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

Well 30 turns isn't long I know for the game but takes hours of game play to do 30 turns especially the long AI cycles. Hours on hours of just rebels and not being able to afford leaving your towns is well, boring. Like I said I love the setting and what your doing. But in its current state it takes way to long at least for me to see where the game is going and I lose patience.

I in no way looking to take over the world in 30 turns. I enjoy the slow pace of DLV mod. But I'm just saying that this feels way to slow. And the only reason that I say that is because I'm only fighting for hours and hours of the same rebel army....
    Last edited by G Rider; February 18, 2007 at 12:05 AM.
    I'm not interested in winning an argument with a moron on the Internet. - G Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    I forgot to say one important thing.

What for sure will change in future version is the recruitment system and which buildings will be already present at startup.

I found out very irrealistic that players need to wait years and years before being able to recruit simple troops like archers or that pretty developed cities don't have a basic tanner or a church.

I think that this will also help to remove some of the "boredom".
    Thank you! I was about to mention this!!!

IMO, there should be in certain important provinces:

(1st level):
    Church
    Roads
    Farms
    Trade House
    Barracks
    Town Hall
    Etc.

Major provinces:
    (1st level)
    Same as above
    (2nd level)
    Farms
    Barracks
    Town Hall

Some specific provinces that were renowned for something in specific should be built in a strong manner for that specific purpose, i.e. Venice should start with a tier two trade building, tier two docks, tier zero farms, etc.

I do believe, however, that maybe something better could be engineered in terms of rebellion.

Instead of rebels popping up in provinces, we could code into the script specific uprisings that go along with history. Members of the community could help with the research, therefore we could script major rebellions that will keep the player playing inside his borders, instead of constantly fighting noble rebels.

You don't have an idea how many "rebellions" happened. About every new monarch had to fight for years and years after ascending to the throne, after returning from crusade, after pretty everything else

As I said I'll try to randomize a bit better rebellions. Different unit composition is also planned, linked to the different eras (so not to have to fight early spearmen in 1500). But it's not a matter of 5 lines of scripting, it's days and days of work so please be patient, use autoresolve if you're bored to fight and try your best to bring your reputation the higher you can while keeping happy your provinces, expand when you're well in cash and have your important provinces well garrisoned, otherway take your chances and keep in count that you can lose some of your lands.

I know it's hard but if it wouldn't be hard then it would be really boring, at least for me.
    Last edited by Re Berengario I; February 18, 2007 at 01:43 AM.

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

It's not that it's too hard it's just too tedious. I can't afford to auto resolve when it can cost 4k or more to move an army around my capitol. I need it to be the perfect fight which means manual to save cash. Which I find myself doing hours on hours of watching the AI's turn to then find myself not able to leave my cities and do anything but kill the rebel army. Just think that the field script mod that is used in DLV or Rise of Kings (200 per army and general in own territory and 500 outside of)is much more fun and still slows your progress enough to keep it balanced.
    Last edited by G Rider; February 18, 2007 at 05:22 AM.

Kaosbouncer's Avatar Libertus

i dunno about you, but in most of my campaigns, especially England, i found it hard NOT to expand. I had so much money pouring into my treasury that it was not a problem to fight the rebels. In fact, even though my reputation was despicable since around turn five, i really didn't get that many rebels. I wanted to slow the pace so that I could reach gunpowder before I had a huge empire, since gunpowder battles. are so much more fun and challenging than early battles. but i couldn't just sit there and watch so much cash flow into my treasury and not conquer all those rebel provinces. and after conquering so many provinces and betraying scotland, my reputation was so bad that all my nearby allies except Spain and Denmark betrayed me and attacked me, and i beat the **** out of them. i was Jerusalem short of winning the campaign by 1180.

but this was all in 0.92. 0.93 is CTDing on me

Heh, in my current game I've found as Scotland I'm having trouble keeping at all together. The Anjou-jerks are stinkin aggressive, they are 'dubious', and have a few armies near Dubh Linn and I'm trying to hold off my own rebels at the moment. Full of action, already had a few heroic battles

I like this version much more than .92. Reputation is easier to manage, though it comes at a price (florins ). The battles are frequent and exciting to me. I haven't gone to war with a major power yet but if Normandy-Anjou keeps on bugging me, it's going to happen soon.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast