Thread: Can't start Trojan War?

Default Can't start Trojan War?

I have read the thread "Regarding the TTW campaign", and have installed TTW 4.0 over a clean BTW patched to 6.0 (I have the Gold version). Yet when I try to start the campaign, it says "select an option". Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

Default Re: Can't start Trojan War?

This error usually means the mod was installed over the wrong version of RTW BI. Interesting.

Did you run a patch on the gold version?

It may be possible that the gold version was already 1.6.

On the other hand if you didn't run a patch then perhaps the gold version isn't 1.6.

To find out i suggest a clean installation of BI. Before doing anything else go to the options in the menu and note the version number in the top right. If it is 1.6 then go ahead and install TTW, if it is 1.4 then patch up and then install TTW.

the Gold version BI cames as 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitaller12 View Post
    the Gold version BI cames as 1.6.
    If it came as i.6 then there is, obviously, no need to download the 1.6 patch, so you can skip this step in the installation instructions.

Then what's the problem?

Did you install the 1.6 patch the first time? If so that caused the problem.

If not..

Do you have any other mods?
    Have you changed any of the files?
    Did you install the mod as directed in the instructions?
    Do you have RTW Alexander installed?

I'll need more info in order to find out what is wrong.

All i know is that the mod 100% works with a clean BI 1.6 installation. In order for this error to be happening then somthing else must have happened, been added, not added etc. You are in a better position to find that out as you know exactly what you intsalled, how you installed the mod, what version you have, what mods you have etc. i can't really help as i'd be shooting in the dark. Maybe check out the problems thread for the gold version of troy, maybe some people there had some problems installing to the gold version of BI.

Thanks. I'll reinstall everything.

does RTW have to be unmodded as wall?

It's working now. Thanks. It's a great game!

Glad i was of some help.