Thread: Rebels As Lesser Factions - Tied To Global Reputation

Default Rebels As Lesser Factions - Tied To Global Reputation

Was trying out Anno Domini http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83370

the rebel system was pretty interesting in that they spawn based on your global reputation (based on many factors) and are more organized as lesser factions per say, as well as some new missions + historical events

Overall I like the core system of TLR but other options such as this from other mods would be nice to incorporate but with a TLR flare.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Default Re: Rebels As Lesser Factions - Tied To Global Reputation

I definately like the idea of spawning rebels and was planning on looking in to it. I don't quite agree with making it based on the global reputation though. But I'll see what I can do.

I'm trying to find some help with historical events. If noone volunteers, then I'll work on it when I get the opportunity. That will likely always be a work in progress. I've already started the preliminaries with the new Event System.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Quote Originally Posted by tornnight View Post
    I definately like the idea of spawning rebels and was planning on looking in to it. I don't quite agree with making it based on the global reputation though. But I'll see what I can do.

I'm trying to find some help with historical events. If noone volunteers, then I'll work on it when I get the opportunity. That will likely always be a work in progress. I've already started the preliminaries with the new Event System.
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been playing with different mods to see which one blows my skirt up (so to speak).

What kind of help with historical events would you need? I'm by no means a modder, but I've been playing the TW series since MTW Sr. came out. And I'm a history nut. If I can help, I will.
    Last edited by Ranger375; February 16, 2007 at 03:44 PM.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Welcome to the board

Basically, finding historical events that occured during the covered timeline.

Creating a very short title followed by
    the event description.

The only issue is that we should avoid historical events that would obviously not occur in TLR. For example, the destruction of the Byzantine empire. It could happen in TLR but it shouldn't be shown in an event because it would be very inconsistent with the campaign.

I have attached the event text file. It contains the events that are currently in TLR so you know what they look like.
    Last edited by tornnight; May 15, 2007 at 03:03 PM.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

I'll start looking into it this weekend.

What kind of historical events are you planning?? I kinda liked the idea of re-writing history.