Thread: Suggestions

starXdiaMoo's Avatar Miles

Default Suggestions

Hey guys, great work on this mod! I started playing RTW again because I came across your mod one day!
    I've always played with the GCS (as i'm Greek myself) and it was just natural that I would love this mod. So, I've been downloading every latest version and I found out that there are some minor drawbacks (please forgive my rudness). First of all, the increased unit mass gives a dissapointing effect (especially when you are defending your city walls). Also, the Spartan phalangites are (in my opinion) a way bit underpowered. I changed many things like changing some phalangites to hoplite units (spartans, armoured phalangites). I also tried to bring back the old armoured hoplites with the Corinthian helmet, which I did accomplish but for a strange reason every time I play the campaign with any faction and press NEXT TURN my game crashes. Anyways, I would likely help you out with anything you need, as I live in Greece and thus know how to write in greek (I think you should reconsider giving units Greek names). I also changed ancillaries, unit and general names as well as city/region names to greek. Hope you 're interested

Internazionale's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Suggestions

Happy that you enjoyed XGM 8) because i enjoyed it too Greek 4 eva!

Love the Corinthian Helmets!

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

starXdiaMoo: I'm glad you like the mod. If you are willing to work on the unit names that would be great. The only file you need to work with is xgm/data/text/export_units.txt.

starXdiaMoo's Avatar Miles

Yeah, I know I've changed most Greek unit names to greek (I don't know it just gives me a different game feeling). I would gladly show you my work DBH, as I have spend HOURS on renaming cities, regions, characters and units. Keep up the good work!