Thread: Change you might want to consider regarding assassins

Default Change you might want to consider regarding assassins

Hi I've been enjoying your mod for quite some time now and wanted to say thank you very much.

I had a changes that I've done w/assassins in my own game that you might want to consider:

In the descr_campaign_db

<assassinate_own_region_modifier float="1.05"/>
    This rule deals with the multiplier given to assassins trying to kill someone in their own territory. The default value is 0.7 meaning that you get a 30% penalty for trying to kill someone in your own lands.

Changing it to 1.05 makes it much easier to kill low level priests and merchants and cuts down heavily on the "spam" aspect cpu's might use.

I still haven't found which rules deal with whether an assassin dies or not after a failed mission but I think that the general rule of thumbs for making assassin values should be that they should have a low chance of survival if they fail (thus making you much more discriminative in choosing who you assassinate and not going on an unrealistic assassin rampage).

A well trained up assassin who has a fair chance of killing a leader should probably be expected to die if he fails. Just my two thoughts. Thanks

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

Default Re: Change you might want to consider regarding assassins

thanks for the help will try it out

I'd also like to see a few changes on this subject.
    Make the priests easier to assassinate in your own lands, right now you cant do anything but spam priests vs. their priests..... and it gets dull since the computer never gets tired of sending hordes of priests to your lands...

Make the priests easier to assassinate in your own lands
    This is what the change above affects (all characters). Military stacks (captains and generals) however are handled using a different probabilities set so they are unaffected by this change.