Thread: Global Reputation

Default Global Reputation

@ Re Berengario I

I am just trying to make sure I understand the process of the global reputation and that you have thought it out along similar lines.

I am Egypt. I am at the starting global rep, putting me in the middle. The Pope declares a crusade against Jerusalem which I control.

Now, 6 Catholic factions in addition to the Papal States join the crusade. Over the course of the many years it takes these armies to reach me, both my own GR (global reputation) and that of the crusading factions will decrease. Mine will have suffered the most as I am at war with 7 factions while they suffer but 1 war a piece.

Also, each time I defeat a crusading force, as the instigator of the particular battle I will take an addition hit to my GR.

Along with this, the crusading armies will each be taking hits to their GR as they travel because they are crossing into lands they do not own.

Now, because the crusades are such a long and drawn out process by the time it is over, most of the parties involved will have bad GR. I will have the worst of any of them.

This will, in fact, hurt my standing with my allied Muslim factions. And because I have a bad GR, I will start to have rebels spawn over and over again. Each time they spawn, I will kill them. Each time I kill them, my GR will go lower.

As my GR continues to bottom out, other nations will want to war with me just because of my GR.

Doesn't this then create a perpetual spiral of ever lowering GR?

Another question: does defending in a battle affect GR the same as attacking in a battle? If the rebels attack me, is that the same as if I attack them? If it's different, do I suffer more because I sally forth and defeat a besieging army?

Default Re: Global Reputation

I think Christian/Orthodox factions fighting Islam factions, and vice-versa, should increase and not decrease your faction's standing. Think about it. A crusading kingdom was well-renowned world-wide, while muslim kingdoms that resisted catholics and orthodoxs, and expanded muslim rule were also well renowned to their own people..

I think it'd be asking too much from the devs of the mod to, I.E., make global reputation between Christians and Moors as bi-polar, where a Muslim fighting Christian has positive GR for islam and negative for catholic and orthodox while while a Christian fighting a Muslim would get positive GR for Christians and Negative for Islam..