Thread: A quick question regarding the radar_map files

Default A quick question regarding the radar_map files

Hello everyone. I'm having some trouble getting my radar_map files to work correctly in my mod. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the radar_map1 be equal in size to the map_regions file? And shouldn't the radar_map2 be twice the size of map_regions? I did this, but the map the minimap did not include my whole map, as seen here:

The western section of this island is completely cut off. So, naturally I tried to reduce the size. This is what I got:

As you can see from the arrows, the player is able to view the physical campaign map through the minimap. If I try to slightly enlarge it to the right and up, it takes away from the left, making it remove my western island.

Is there some tiny mistake I've made? Any and all input is welcome!

Tsar Stefan Dusan IV's Avatar Loonatic on the loose!!

Default Re: A quick question regarding the radar_map files

The radar map has nothing to do with other maps.
    Every radar map, in order to be seen correctly and as a whole is 250x125 pixels because it simply fits physicaly, in the frame. The only catch is the left side of the panel, wwhich in vanilla served as a mask for the new world.
    So, to see your map in a whole without any cuttofs your map should follow the proportions of 250x125+arround 30 pixels for the ui frame mask.
    If Your map is not of such proportions be ready for some cuttof or the hollow background. Use the width of 280 pixels and bear in mind that the 30 pixels on the left side are covered with the frame...
    I hope You could understand a thing or two out of my rambling....If you need something concrete to ask, feel free to ask. I'm always glad to help You Goatbuster.

Thanks Tsar! It all makes sense now, now that I've seen the vanilla map hiding the new world. I simply did not know that about the ui covering it up (I've sadly never played a campaign to that point). I'm going to fix that now. Thanks very much Tsar! I always appreciate the help!:wink:

EDIT: Ok, I've resized it so there is no more hollow map. And I've added in about an extra 30 pixels from the left. However, the it kind of creates a shadow over the file. Well, pictures speak louder than words, so here:

And this is it without the fog of war:

It at least fits, which is an improvement The radar_map1 doesn't seem to synch up with the game-generated minimap. Is there some way to simply disable the part of the ui that hides the western most part of the map? Sorry for asking these questions, it's just going to be bugging me until I get it.
    :hmmm:
    Last edited by Goatbuster3000; February 15, 2007 at 04:58 PM.

Tsar Stefan Dusan IV's Avatar Loonatic on the loose!!

I've made a silly mistake, for that 30 pixels stuff , so forget about it. Sorry.

Your radar_map1.tga should be 125 pixels in heightxproportional width.
    Radar_map2.tga should be double size of radar_map1.tga.

You can unmask that portion of the ui, with the file located in: m2tw/data/ui/southern_european/interface, file name: stratpage_04.tga

I have done it allready and attached it in this post, feel free to use it
    Nevermind that it says southern european it affects all factions.
    You'll know where to put the file once You unzip it.

Once You have downloaded the file, please pm me so i can free my attachment space, thanks.

Cheers, TSDIV
    Last edited by Tsar Stefan Dusan IV; February 19, 2007 at 03:22 PM.