Thread: Crusaders everywhere

Icon1 Crusaders everywhere

Hi, first just like to say what a great mod this is, being playing TW since Shogun and all the mods in between and this is up there with the best.

Anyway I am playing 2.1 as Byzantium and currently have six crusader armies on their way to Jerusalem parked next to Constantinople because they can't (or won't) cross the land bridges into Asia minor. At the start of each AI turn the generals seem to make a move toward the land bridge but then just stop. There are no ships or forts or anything blocking the way. Also the crusader armies do not desert (some have been there for 10 years now and are eating me out of house and home) so the AI must think it has made a full move toward Jerusalem.
    My armies can cross the land bridges and AI merchants and diplomats have no problem. I know AI armies can cross others cause I just saw France invade england across the channel (France is huge now along with the HRE, the AI expands much more aggressively in 2.1. It also makes a lot more merchants which is great fun).

Anyroad, all help would be much appreciated, I was so looking forward to seeing the crusaders die horribly in the desert.

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

Default Re: Crusaders everywhere

Well, that problem with the land bridges to Asia Minor is known. But I canīt do anything against that, sorry .

But if you were looking forward to see those crusaders die why donīt you just attack them?
    - What can change the nature of a man?

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Aren't there 2 landbridges there? One at Constantinople an one further south? Is the problem only at Constantinople and not the onther one?

If there is only problems at Constantinople then it should be removed.

What would the AI do if there were NO landbridges at all? Would the AI sail?

When playing as Egypt with DLV, the Milanese and Sicilians sent their crusader armirs with ships to Cairo, but the hungarians, polish, french, danish and scottish etc. marched all the way.
    Last edited by billydilly; February 15, 2007 at 04:52 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

When playing as Egypt with DLV, the Milanese and Sicilians sent their crusader armirs with ships to Cairo, but the hungarians, polish, french, danish and scottish etc. marched all the way.
    I suppose that is because the different campaign AI, the Middle European Nations like Milan, Venic and Sicily had a great trade income over the sea and had great fleets to protect it. Looks like CA tried to bring that into the AI.
    - What can change the nature of a man?

The problem is at both land bridges, though now they are all congregated around the one west of Constantinople. But if this is a known problem, then ok. Had never heard about it before and I've seen plenty of crusader armies turn up at Antioch and Jerusalem when I was playing Portugal or Scotland. Oh well.

Will they be there forever, or doesn't a crusade run out of time at some point?

Or there's attacking six crusader armies all from different factions? Going to war with all of Catholic Europe in one go, hmmm has possibilities