Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Priests - In or Out of Settlement?

Default Re: Priests - In or Out of Settlement?

Hmmm i'd like to convert religions too and herecy isn't excactly a blashpymy wwell... maybe idk herecy means that they dont agree with the "orthodox" guy so for some reason he's labeled a "heretic" but that squabble is for another discussion the bigger issue is coverting your factions religion like i'd like to change spain to muslium because they have so much influence from the muslium countries or milan to heretic because they dont belive in the pope........in modern time there are no heretics there are christains who belive in jesus and the pope and God , jew's who belive in God the 10 commandments and nothing else , musliums who belive in ONLY GOD. and some sub religion like for those who dont belive in God or those who doesn't belive in the pope ect.
    I'm really too lazy to add a pic (for now) so just settle on this you swine And if you find my posts helpful or funny add +rep

Herecy represents a lot of different things. In some cases, it represents a divergence from Catholic dogma, like the Arians or Anabaptists (the former believed Jesus was lesser than God, and the latter believed that the Bible should be translated into the tongue of the people reading it and should be read and discussed by common men). Heresy can also represent anti-Catholic religious belief ranging from an all-new religion/cult to agnostic or atheistic beliefs. I like to imagine it as whatever I please, really .

All in all Herecy is and isn't blashmy and no jesus is NOT God so whoever said that he was more is a stupid fool. Herecy is both good and bad depending on what religion difference we are talking about...and if the "heretic" is studying pagan practices then why not label him as "pagan"? And why is the aztecs the only pagan nation?!?!!? Wtf happend to those pagans in the baltic and greek territories???!?! I was looking foward to extermenateing pagans and absolutely masscareing the idiots. (if anyone here is pagan don't be offended but i just hate pagans so what can you do?)
    I'm really too lazy to add a pic (for now) so just settle on this you swine And if you find my posts helpful or funny add +rep

Quote Originally Posted by sgt.kzi33 View Post
    Hmmm i'd like to convert religions too and herecy isn't excactly a blashpymy wwell... maybe idk herecy means that they dont agree with the "orthodox" guy so for some reason he's labeled a "heretic" but that squabble is for another discussion the bigger issue is coverting your factions religion like i'd like to change spain to muslium because they have so much influence from the muslium countries or milan to heretic because they dont belive in the pope........in modern time there are no heretics there are christains who belive in jesus and the pope and God , jew's who belive in God the 10 commandments and nothing else , musliums who belive in ONLY GOD. and some sub religion like for those who dont belive in God or those who doesn't belive in the pope ect.
    Not that I understood too much, but Christians (I mean, Catholics in this case) don't believe in the pope... And they don't believe in God and Jesus, they only believe in God, because Jesus is God, the Father is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. It's not polytheism. And why is the Jesus being son of God idea foolish? I personally thing he is, at least spiritually. And the "jew's" (as you call them) don't believe in the 10 commandments, they just follow them. Christians follow them as well.
    And saying muslims believe only in God is irrelevant. The same do/did Zoroastrians, Jews, Christians and Muslims.
    Last but not least, it's "etc." (et cetera), not "e.t.c." or "ect.".
    But this is offtopic anyway.

Sacc's Avatar Tiro

Raven Darkwing
    It works better for me if they are outside...
    It seems like they convert folks faster if they are out there.
    I donīt want my generalīs to gain piety anyway...
    Why not? This prevents them from being slain by an inquisitor*
    Pentium C2Q 9550 OC'd at 3.4, nvidia 780i, 6gb ddr2 800 ram, EVGA 260 core216, OCZ 700 psu, Samsung 22"

so where are the buddhist monks 4 the Mongol hords???

Quote Originally Posted by zombieseatppl View Post
    so where are the buddhist monks 4 the Mongol hords???
    Your lack of knowledge about the Mongols is telling. When they went out invading everyone, they had their own rather simple religious beliefs, with a sky god as the central entity. They quickly absorbed others' religions. In the Middle East, they became Islamic (a select few became Christian or Jewish, but not many). The Mongols who invaded China ended up adopting Buddhism, most notably Lhamaist Buddhism. They liked the mysticism of it as well as the mixture of authoritarianism and personal freedom. It was very similar to the Mongol hierarchy, in a way. Regardless, you're not going to find any Buddhist Mongols in this game.

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

Why not? This prevents them from being slain by an inquisitor*
    Iīm not a very religous person and I just donīt like holy warriors running around and killing people in the name of some god. But you are right, it protects you from Inquisitors. I need to run away with my family members everytime they show up
    Last edited by Elric von Rabenfels; February 16, 2007 at 08:52 PM.
    - What can change the nature of a man?

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Hmmm the current discussions seem to not really involve the main question of the topic so I'm gonna be random and actually answer the question presented...

I like to keep priests and such outside of the settlements when I play. It allows me to tell which province has which priest, and if they die I know right away which ones need to be replaced...also if any heratics enter your province you can deal with them right away...and it doesnt matter about inquisitors b/c they get you in or outside.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

Inquisitors get you inside and outside, thatīs the reason I need to run away. Far, far away . And yes, you have a good overview of your priests when they are out.
    - What can change the nature of a man?

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

The Inquisitors never get my family memebers or agents inside a settlement.:hmmm:
    I just see him outside the settlement but he doesn't really do anything, and next turn he just goes away.

I'd say outside is much, MUCH better then inside. When I have priests inside my cities they don't seem to do anything, then while playing as Spain and invading the Moors and Egypt I decided to send out a bunch of priests. Next thing I knew I had 10 cardinals on the council even though I usually had bad relations in the Papal States. With so many Cardinals it was a wash to just keep on electing my own Cardinals as popes to improve relations.

Not only that but with 4 or 5 priests all standing at the same city I was converting from 100% Islam to over 80% Christianity in 4 or 5 turns. I've never had a Priest turn heretic and they all get RIDICULOUS piety. SO in my opinion outside is the way to go.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by sinosleep View Post
    I've never had a Priest turn heretic

Wish I could say the same...

I've had plenty of priests turn heretic, usually after gaining unorthodox ways. It seems to be most common when they go on a mission to North Africa, playing as the English, so it's possible that there's a distance-to-capital effect there.

I almost always keep my priests outside of cities for the simple reason that otherwise I forget they're there. The one exception is in Rheims, where I have a theologian's guild HQ and a huge cathedral, and I boost their piety there. I just remember to check in on them now and then and see if they're ready to convert the heathens.

So far I keep my converting priests outside of settlements and normally close to each other once they start going out to a low level religion region.
    Reason is that in case of one of them going heretic it is easy enough to hunt them down straight away (heretics normally loose one point of piety when they go wrong) to allow my other priests to gain more piety the faster.

A real trouble for me is currently in LtC that the priests are not that fast in converting religion as in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesxex View Post
    So far I keep my converting priests outside of settlements and normally close to each other once they start going out to a low level religion region.
    Reason is that in case of one of them going heretic it is easy enough to hunt them down straight away (heretics normally loose one point of piety when they go wrong) to allow my other priests to gain more piety the faster.

A real trouble for me is currently in LtC that the priests are not that fast in converting religion as in vanilla.
    I`m playing LTC also and 1 priest with low piety converts atleast 1 or 2 % per turns higher piety higher the conversion, It`s seems to me IMO that the conversions are the same or almost
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

I keep them inside. One, it keeps my map a bit less cluttered, and two, keeps my governors/generals/heir from getting that damned Pagan Magician trait.

As far as turning heretic goes, some regions are definitely worse than others. The Middle East is the biggest breeding ground for heresy. After that, I've noticed the most problems in Spain, and around Denmark heading toward Russia.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

LTC is better as in vanilla you can convert an entire region from majority one religion to majority another in about 8 turns or so with a handful of priests.

Keeping anyone in cities tends to have an adverse effect on them, especially cities with Pleasure palaces, brothels etc. I prefer to keep my preist out of cities for that reason, it's also easier to keep track of how many you have in a province or region.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123