Thread: Help Installing!

Default Help Installing!

Okay this is my first tim installing the mod (DL'd 1.8) and when install into the default folder (ME2TW main) at the end of the installl log it says could not create any of the desktop short cuts. So how could i install correctly?

Default Re: Help Installing!

Well, I'm not sure if it actually has a shortcut. Look in your main folder for the file: The_Long_Road and it should be a MS-DOS Batch file. If you click that, it will start up the mod. Hope this helps at all!

ahhh...thanks..it works now..great mod btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatbuster3000 View Post
    Well, I'm not sure if it actually has a shortcut. Look in your main folder for the file: The_Long_Road and it should be a MS-DOS Batch file. If you click that, it will start up the mod. Hope this helps at all!
    I had the same problem, and the MS-Dos Batch file doesn't wanna work either?!!

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus
    SJ, MM, Republic of the Banana (Philippines)

If it doesn't want to work, just copy your Medieval2.cfg and rename it TLR1.8.cfg and then make a batch file for it. Try the instructions here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70942) to make it work.

I'm having the same problem. I've DL'd several other mods successfully, but can't seem to get this one installed properly. Are there any detailed instructions for us non-programers? I tried to follow what you said to do Lopus, but I need something dumbed down for me if possible. Can't wait to play, but I need some idiot proofing. I may just try a fresh uninstall/reinstall with all the mods I have on here already.

Thanks in advance.

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus

I'll try to upload a copy of my .bat and .cfg file when I get to the office. Of course, that is with a dumbed down video setup and totally silent audio setup (I don't want to get fired from work and the computer they gave us is really stupid). Just edit the .cfg file to reflect the name of the folder you put TLR1.8 in.

OK, I did a complete uninstall and fresh install. Does it matter what folder I save TLR into? SHould it be the main MTW2 folder and look like this :

E:/MTW2/TLR

Does the DOS prompt file that I click to make it start need to be in the TLR folder or should I move it to the Main folder? I ask because other mods I've installed had the .exe. icon (or equivalent of that) in the main folder.

Thanks again for the help Lopus!

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

I'm not sure how you're installing it.

The mod folder must be named "The Long Road"

Your folder tree should look something like this.
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval Total War II\The Long Road\data
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home. A question on the add-on. Does it go in the Data Folder, TLR folder? Thanks for your patience.

Most of the files from the Addon go in the base data folder. There are exceptions to that.

Hmmm, it's still not working. When I click on the DOS batch file, it doesn't do anything. I did think it was strange that there's another M2TW folder inside the main M2TW folder. At this point I'm stumped. Any chance of creating an installer that sends everything exactly where it's supposed to go?

Lopus's Avatar Biarchus

Ranger, are you using TLR 1.8 or TLR 1.9? I'll try to zip up a set of files (don't hate me Tornnight, I couldn't use your installer either.)

Alternatively Ranger, you could try using the MedManager (here) by Shellshock.

I'll look at that medmanager. I'm trying to install 1.8, thanks Lopus, I do appreciate all of ya'lls help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger375 View Post
    Hmmm, it's still not working. When I click on the DOS batch file, it doesn't do anything. I did think it was strange that there's another M2TW folder inside the main M2TW folder. At this point I'm stumped. Any chance of creating an installer that sends everything exactly where it's supposed to go?
    There shouldn't be another M2TW folder.

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\The_Long_Road\data

If you installed to E:\ then

E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\The_Long_Road\data