Thread: Syncing the different resolution .tga files

Default Syncing the different resolution .tga files

How do the regions in map_regions correspond to locations in the 2xsize+1 files. The guide I followed said to expand up from your smaller .tga files to make the larger ones by doubling them and adding a pixel specefically to both the top and the right. Then fill in the added areas at the top and right with something generic. This means that each 2x2 pixel block in the larger files corresponds to one pixel in the smaller files starting from the bottom left.

But this means the added area in the larger files wouldn't correspond to anything in the smaller files, and furthermore my heights and mountains don't seem to sync up quite right with my regions once I load the map in game, leading me to believe that the different resolution .tga files sync up differently than what I've described. My guesses for alternatives are:

1. You just resize the smaller files directly to the 2 x + 1 size. eg. map_regions is 100x100 so you resize it to 201x201 in one go rather than doubling then adding 1 pixel to the top and right. Or...

2. You take the smaller resolution, resize it to 4x, add a pixel to the top, bottom, left, and right, and then cut the resolution in half. This would make the region lines fall halfway across a pixel in the larger files.

Hmm I hope that was coherent. Anyways anyone know if any of those methods is the correct one.

Default Re: Syncing the different resolution .tga files

Well, I use the first method, just because it seems to be the logical one. I'm sorry I can't help more, but I'm sure someone with more modding experience can! :wink:

Tsar Stefan Dusan IV's Avatar Loonatic on the loose!!

Default Re: Syncing the different resolution .tga files

Hmm, nice question.

First of all, I use the first method, because I read it somewhere in a tutorial or something...

What I think is, that +1 pixel comes from the fact that every pixel represents middle of the mesh, not the corners, so one pixel per axis represent half on one side of the map and half on the other, dunno, I'm just ramblnig or something... Nice question, though. Maybe someone can confirm and explain why, I tried, but it's just a theory. I heaven't really experimented with reseizing.