Thread: Dismounted?!

Default Dismounted?!

Hey Guys

I must say that I really enjoy playing Deus Lo Vult!

Now, I was wondering if you guys thought about including Zhumin's "Dismounted Order Knights mod". I feel that dismounted Order knights are a major lack in the game and I was really impressed by that mini-mod.

I hope that you guys include it

Default Re: Dismounted?!

Tokus,
    I dont' understand...

Can I add this mini-mod on DLV 1.9,or it will be include on 2.0???

Thanks!!!
    Ryo

Hey Ryo & student23,

Dunno if Repman & DerDrakken have considered it. I haven't tried it adding Zhumin's Dismounted Order Knights mod to Deus lo Vult 1.9 as I'm deep in a campaign and itching to get to cannon and higher level troops before DlV 2.0 comes out (soon).

Personally, I'm up for access to as many other units as possible (more tools in the box for different situations).

Please, feel free to impliment Zhumin's uber-trooper mod into your DlV 1.9 and report any success or distress.

best, TOKUS

@student23
    If we have to use the -io stuff and add the content for it in the main data folder than I'm not to happy about this addon

Report about your success to incorporate it

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    @student23
    If we have to use the -io stuff and add the content for it in the main data folder than I'm not to happy about this addon

Report about your success to incorporate it

repman
    Hmmm, somehow I did not manage to incorporate Zhumins mod...maybe I'm just too stupid ...

Anyhow, I still hope that at some stage you will include dismounted units (Not Zhumin's mod, but dismounted ones in general)

I discovered a turtorial in which creating a dismounted units is explained minutiously...so maybe anybody from your team repman, who's got more modding skills than me (probably your five year old brother), can put them in the game...like Dismounted Norse Clergy, Knights Templar etc...

Doesn't seem to be sooo hard...some changes in the unit_export and battle_models I guess...but I cannot get it done...goddamnit!!!

Turtorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=templar

Zhumins Mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=templar
    Last edited by student23; February 18, 2007 at 01:15 PM.

Uhhmmm any comments on that part?? Repman maybe? Thought I#d better ask again before I get too wind up enjoying your mod!

Hey Student23,

While I support your idea of lots of demounted knights presented as hardboiled foot soldiers, it'd take a capable modder to go through all mounted troops and create foot versions. Should anyone be keen to do this for DlV, I am happy to help them do good skins for them (as my 2D graphic duties with DerDrakken are pretty well all in now for Dlv 2.0).

As for expanded texture packs... I believe Repman is happy that players freely upload the various graphic heavy mods appearing for M2TW and install them independently.

He may not be for including them in the Deus lo Vult mod as they'll vastly increase mod size. As far as I know, adding these expansive graphic texture packs doesn't affect Deus Vult's functioning.

Hope this finds you well all you crazy Deus lo Vulters out there!

TOKUS

I think another problem is, at least with the "Dismounted Order Knights" mod is that you have to export certain data. That doesn't work with Deus Lo Vult as far as I know, because if you start exporting data Deus Lo Vult can nor be executed properly...

Guys, Modders, fellow-same-idea-havin'-people....Your help is needed here...

This mod is by far the best I have played!! Plzzz somebody help to extend its pleasures!

Well if Repman and DerDrakken favour this idea Student23, you'd only need to attract a capable character modder who could negotiate their way through the Deus lo Vult mod and built a graphical mini-mod addition that doesn't clash with it but yields these hardy horselessmen. Then again, it's a shed load o' work and possibly too tricky to meld seamlessly into this mod. *sigh*

Good idea thou'... Hope it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokus*Maximus View Post
    Well if Repman and DerDrakken favour this idea Student23, you'd only need to attract a capable character modder who could negotiate their way through the Deus lo Vult mod and built a graphical mini-mod addition that doesn't clash with it but yields these hardy horselessmen. Then again, it's a shed load o' work and possibly too tricky to meld seamlessly into this mod. *sigh*

Good idea thou'... Hope it's possible.
    Thanks for the support mate

The only actual help I need with DLV is, how to incorporate Zhumin's "Dismounted Order Knights" mod into DLV. I tried it over and over again, but it seems like I'messing something up. Maybe you can have a short look at the thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=templar)

I the thread there is also a manual approach. I also tried that, like changing unit_descr and stuff. It ends at altering the battle_model.db
    or something...I just can't get that part done!! I've tried several other mods like Stainless Steel or Road to Jerusalem which did incorporate the Dismounted Knights in general, but the mods are simply not catchy enough...

Tokus please check out both sides I mentioned up somewhere...one by Zhumin and one is a step by step manual by Ziang how to create dismounted Knights....its all just altering some text files and the battle_model or so...mybe we can figure it out...

heeelp

@student23
    Sorry but i can't help you because i don't know to much about this model stuff.

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

ye, Student23, you need to find out the players working on it and see if they are familair with Repamn's DEUS LO VULT.

It would take someone who already handles the conversion to want to help meld it into DlV so it works. I know Repman is focusing on gameplay and allows players to put in graphic packs in addition as it would pump up DlV's mod as a massive download. See if you can interest any of the creators of the horseless knights.

Help me OB1-Kenobi - you're our only hope!