Thread: Pre-1080 Politics

Default Pre-1080 Politics

Is there any way to start up the game with the pre-1080 political scenario? I.E.
    Portugal was a vasal province to the Kingdom of Leon, along with Castille but since Castille isn't its own faction we can let that one drop.
    The English King was a Vassal to the French King.
    The Lombard rebellion had not started yet I think, thus making Communi Lombardi vassals of the HRE.
    Was burgundy part of France or was it independant in itself? If not, then it was probably its vassal and could be added as another faction.
    On and on for Eastern Europe..

Ledhead's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Pre-1080 Politics

With those faction mentioned being vassals would it really be a fun mod to play?
    As for eastern Europe I'd love to play as Ioannes Tzimises or Basil II Bulgaroctonus, or Polands Boleslaw the Brave!

Default Re: Pre-1080 Politics

Yeah, it would be fun. You do know that you can break a vassal status but simply attacking your master, or breaking allegiance or some such thing...Its simply a way to start the game in a predisposed position.

The way it currently it, everyone is starting from scratch with everyone else, while in reality grudges and rivalries already existed.