Thread: too much crashing!

Default too much crashing!

i really like this mod but i have so many problems.

1) random crashing at any point in battle or campaign
    2)campiagn map crashing at certain years such as 427,432,437 and some others
    3) the wierdest problem is that i can only load one save game(my first saved game) and every time i load another it crashes. however, yesterday i could suddently load other save games after three months of problems. now today i cant load any again. wtf is going on?
    4) certain factions crash more frequently then others(especially barbarian factions)

please someone help!!! i would like to play this mod!

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

Default Re: too much crashing!

Start new campaign, activate script, play for two turns, saved the game exit RTW.Start game again, load saved game and now play WITHOUT activating script -just ignore adviser when prompted

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Now that i don't activate the scrypt anymore I had zero ctd's on campaignmap
    but, a couple when fighting several battles on the end turn

Maybe afterall it has something to do with that suden changing sky, or those strange artifacts I get with warleaders :hmmm:

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

sky mod might have been be a cause for some CTDs.

You must install 6,05 and no more craashing
    Last edited by Ostrogoth; February 20, 2007 at 11:58 AM.

I am sorry to say, but I have to agree with arfrisco.

About two weeks ago I downloaded the mod and 6.05 fix. For the first week, my Sassinad campaign was fine with no CTDs. I was well on my way to Sassinad conquest, although somewhat surprised at the ease. With a zero build for some units, I really was disappointed by the AIs inability to defend cities and leave them realitively unguarded.

This past week, the game has been an absolute nightmare. CTDs on the campaign map, battle sequences, and computer turn. Each time I have been able to get through the CTD by slightly changing a unit's movement or such. Tonight was the final straw, as the game is stuck in a CTD when the computer attempts to move a Lakhmad spy into my capitol Ctesiphon. Since I have no control over that particular movement, I can not get by the CTD.

Any suggestions, since I would really like to continue my campaign.

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

I must ask again if you have activated campaign script if so then CTD will be happening.Try my earlier suggestion

Work on IBFD 6.1 continues and new version will feature an optional campaigin script.

I started an Ostrogoth campaign with your suggestions, Hans, but I am coming up with the same results. Everything was fine until about turn 10 when I experianced my first CTD when I went to check information on a new family member that had come of age. Two turns later, another CTD when checking my forces on the campaign map.

I have since tried a Perarmesian campaign. Everything going well until about turn 8 when CTD for campaign screen changing to battle screen as rebels attempt to break a seige. I was really looking forward to this mod and I loved the skins and unit changes from vanilla.
    Last edited by MiniGamer; March 06, 2007 at 12:43 PM.

I'm having a terrible problem with game crashes as well.

I was playing as the WRE and after so many turns i had consolidated control over Africa and Spain and was begininng to move ou of debt. While was quitiing a battle with the Alemmani, the game crashed. I try loading the WRe campaign from my previous save or from the autosave and every time the load completes the gam crashes. Is there anything i can possibly do to be able to play my WRE campaign again? Otherwise all that work would've been for nothing.

I think i may just have to wait for the patch or next version.