Thread: Procedurally generated textures

thorbeck's Avatar Libertus

Icon3 Procedurally generated textures

Hello all,

Been searching around the forums for some answers and I seem to be getting pretty close to what I want to accomplish.
    My latest issue however, concerns the map generated for the radar/minimap displayed on the battlefield and the arc that's created to display your field of view.

Basically I'm working on a small project changing several UI elements of the game, and the static stuff is easy enough to modify, but I'm having a hard time finding the dynamic/procedural elements of the radar/minimap.

Any pointers are most welcome.

Regards,
    thorbeck

Default Re: Procedurally generated textures

Just to clarify what I'm looking for.

I want to edit the radar MAP, not the framing or buttons around it, but the actual file(s) used to created the minimap.

ANY tips are most welcome.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to Mapping.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by thorbeck View Post
    Just to clarify what I'm looking for.

I want to edit the radar MAP, not the framing or buttons around it, but the actual file(s) used to created the minimap.

ANY tips are most welcome.
    I'm quite sure the files used to create the radar map are largely the same as the ones used to create the battlemap. The way the battlemap itself is generated from the heights and ground-type maps and associated txt files is contained in descr_geography.db (editable with a hex editor).

Now if you want to know if there's a way to change/vary the way a given battlemap is represented on the minimap without changing the actual battlemap........that I do not know.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    I'm quite sure the files used to create the radar map are largely the same as the ones used to create the battlemap.
    Aye it sure sounds like the logic way to do it, sadly.
    I'll do some testing and report back.