Thread: ..have problem regarding a cd key...

Default ..have problem regarding a cd key...

hello tw community,

recently purchased medieval war 2, what a game..
    i wish to play online battles at some point, went to the www.gamespyid.com site in order to obtain a password and and email verification, but i got a message stating that the cd key is wrong, how can i check my cd details are correct/or get passed this problem. i thought a uninstall/reinstall may solve the problem but i'll loose all my campaigns.

any help will be most appreciated.

big_feef's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: ..have problem regarding a cd key...

Don't uninstall, that will not fix your problem. I think for Gamespy, you must enter the CD key exactly as it appears, with hyphens and capitals, etc... I'm not 100% sure because I don't remember exactly what I did when I had a similar problem when I added MT2W to my list of games on Gamespy.

If that doesn't help, email Gamespy support to resolve the problem or to find out if your key is already in use (a long stretch, but that that can also be the problem; but I doubt it).
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools" - Thucydides

hi there,

the problem is that i'm not given the option to insert the cd key number. i verify my email and set up an account on gamespy(without a cd key) then when i eturn to the game it says my cd key is wrong,

Thread moved to multiplayer forum.
    I suggest having a read of some of the other threads there for a solution as well, as this seems a fairly common issue...though I never seem to here how people fix it.

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

Have the same problem here, but i didn't want to worry about it until im done with the whole singleplayer thing

Start>Run>Regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Sega>MedievalII Total War>CD Key.

Replace all uncapitalized letters with capitalized ones.

Tajir's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by agustin1 View Post
    hi there,

the problem is that i'm not given the option to insert the cd key number. i verify my email and set up an account on gamespy(without a cd key) then when i eturn to the game it says my cd key is wrong,
    Wow, same problem here!

When I log-on it doesn't ask me for a CD key, but for some reason, when I decide to put my CD key in my password area, it says my password is wrong!