Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions DLV

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions DLV 2.11

@maximus
    to give a clear answer...everything is connected with everything

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions DLV 3.0

OK maybe its just me but every mod i have tryed to play when ever i try to run it from the shortcut or program files it always says "another program is currently using this file" any Ideas what is going on I would love to try this mod if i could get it to work. thanks in advance

Libertus

Does this mod add recruitable generals ?

@Cromelex

Yes.

Hi repman,

I just downloaded your mod today and wanted to ask you a quick question about the garrison script. Does this work when AI controlled factions attack an AI settlement as well? or is it only for player vs AI siege battles?

thanks and congrats on this superb mod.

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    Hi repman,

I just downloaded your mod today and wanted to ask you a quick question about the garrison script. Does this work when AI controlled factions attack an AI settlement as well? or is it only for player vs AI siege battles?

thanks and congrats on this superb mod.

I saw Milan siege a HRE city the City spawned a full stack for defense. si i think it does.

Garrison script spawns only :
    - AI siege AI
    - AI siege player

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Hi Comrades, there is one question
    why Kiev have not the same voices like a Novgorod?

its a little bit funny to hear if generals bodyguards crying: "For England!"

I found something strange. As you can see my king got "Offends the nobility" trait and after that he got (in the same turn) "At the sit of the power" and got crowned . Now his father, previous king, died in previous turn and since his heir was near the Capitol he ended his turn there. One more strange thing happened. When heir ended his turn in the Capitol he got maxed Authority...but in the next turn Authority dropped to 2 (most likely due to Offends the nobility trait).

And I have one question. When I played DLV 3.0 and bugfixer 2.0 I noticed that after discovery of gunpowder and after I build all the nessery buildings for cossack musketeers I could not recruite them. I should be able to get them in my capitol but I could not...even when the city had everything build. What am I missing here?

omg...I played few more turns and here is what happened next :
    every single general/family member got "disobeys his liege" trait...
    Last edited by Overkill; May 12, 2007 at 01:40 PM.

Is
    Nobles that have the trait "Disloyal" must travel to the Capitol to seek an audience with the King to receive a pardon (to get rid of the "Disloyal" trait).
    removed?
    Because if it's not removed than it does not work. I kept one of my disloyal family members in capitol for 20 turns and nothing happened . Only I had problems keeping population in capitol happy... And yes king was present all the time.

I've noticed that the voice overs for a lot of nations seem to be the default English faction; no more distinct Scottish dialogue

Is this a bug, or was it changed for a reason?

@Darviathar

Copy the sounds folder from vanilla and paste it into the DLV sound folder. If asked to replace files, click, "yes, to all."

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions DLV 3.1

Great mod imo, but how do i change the factions voices? right now scotland and denmark/ flanders have english accents!!!

EDit: whoops didnt read the posts above!
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

Vindahl's Avatar Citizen

Couldnt DLV involve CNP?

Alright I ask this before and attempted to look so I guess I'll ask here.

Is anyone having their general go up in rank?
    My general been campaigning for 11 years. He had 1 heroic battle, 6 clear battle. He capture 2 settlement also. His exprience is at 1 gold bar! He got all these trait and 5 command star. I don't understand why he still a "Knight Ridder"

What I did:
    The only change I could figure is.
    -I change the desc_strat for spain to give my factor 19000 to start off.
    also I gave my general one trait change. Then give all my unit/general some exprience. 3 for my general and 1 for every unit.

Would changing that effect the ranking system?

Also: In 3.1 with bugfixer.
    -Is rebel factor suppose to have construction icon?
    -Why is the rebel that spawn in your first turn has a "1" next to him?

1.) how can i set the battle map to have unlimited men on the field?

2.) how does the garrison script work exactly? is it automatic?
    Last edited by cvo99; June 04, 2007 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cvo99 View Post
    1.) how can i set the battle map to have unlimited men on the field?

2.) how does the garrison script work exactly? is it automatic?
    ad.[1] at the file medieval2.preference.cfg at main game folder you have to change the value '0' into '1' at line "unlimited_men_on_battlefield'; say 'yes' to save the change and start the game.

ad.[2] garrison script gives the defending faction an extra forces when you lay siege at their village/castle. the number and type of added forces depends on the strength and category of besieged settlement (different units at cities and fortresses). yes, it is automatic. no, it's not working when you're being sieged
    A measure of salvation.

accelerate strat map movements in cfg settings???

How? I dont know anything about messing with this

I think its something to do with this file: medieval2.preference

then I see a lot of numbers there, what should I do, what to find and do?

OK so I finally downloaded this wonderful mod but cant get past the choose faction screen of the single player campaign. I select england hit start and then a few second later it bumps me to the single player selection screen can anyone help? I have never tried any other mods and only changed the config file so I could have 2 tuns per year. Help me to try this seemigly wonderful mod please.

Hi,
    I've installed this mod, but when I want to install bugfixer 2, it doesn't work, he goes back to desktop. Also when I'm playing the mod (without bugfixer 2) he gives an error when i'm playing a battle/seige => he returns to the desktop with the error: "Medieval 2 total war has encounterd an unspecified error".
    Can someone helpe me!?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast