Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions DLV

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions DLV 2.0

@derougemont
    yes we have changed the name files, but not the desr_strat.file

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Hi,

I am not familiar with modding. Can someone show me a step by step procedure to increase strat map movement in the cfg file?

Thanks!

open: descr_character.txt

change: starting_action_points 140
    to a higher value

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    open: descr_character.txt

change: starting_action_points 140
    to a higher value

repman
    Thanks repman!

Just to confirm, this increases movement for units per turn? It is supposed to make the turns faster? I am confused over this.

@cordia75
    this increases the distance the units can move in one turn, not faster

repman

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    @cordia75
    this increases the distance the units can move in one turn, not faster

repman
    ok, thanks again repman.

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions DLV 2.11

@repman, sorry for being noob, can you tell me how to unpack the data pack pls (or a link wil do), i didn't unpack because i don't want to screw up my vanilla, but with the DLV 2.1 addon (there's no doubt in DLV's réputation), it's time ^^
    _____________________________________________________________________________

You don't need to unpack to play with the addon !

go to
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\tools\unpacker
    and read the readme:
    Example command lines:

This will extract all .txt files from the packs to the c:\packs folder
    unpacker --source=..\packs\*.pack --destination=c:\packs\ --filter=*.txt

This will extract a list of all files in the packs to list.txt
    unpacker --source=..\packs\*.pack --destination=list.txt --mode=1

repman

hm, really difficult to understand
    you said i don't need to unpack to play the addon, does that means i just have to run the install ?, then what for the other lines ?
    many thanks, repman
    _____________________________________________________________________________

A bit of a cheap question but...which difficulty do you recommend.

Does N/VH sound okay

Will the comp produce significantly larger and more army stacks than when campaign difficulty is on hard???

@vagabond
    to play dlv run just the install.
    unpacker is used to get access to the vanilla files to mod: they should be unpacke d to a safe place so no overwriting can occur

@dadiodog
    I recommend SS/SS, don't know if the AI gets additionally boni on SS

repman

Pardon my ignorance but I only got Easy to Very Hard difficulty settings for both difficulties and i'm using DLV 2.1 with 2.1 add on.

What is SS?

Lord Finga's Avatar Decanus

@ DadioDog:

SS means "Sehr schwer" (<- repman owns the german version of the game), so the recommend setting for users owning the english version is VH.

INVENTOR OF THE SettlementOccupiedScript v08 #4(SOS) for dlv 3.0
    INVENTOR OF THE ChangeCapital v2.04 for dlv 5.2

Eastern Red's Avatar Semisalis

Hi repman,
    Will there be any adverse effect if I relocate the starting capital? Will this result in "offends the nobles" trait and crowning of the new king if the new capital is governed by the crown prince?

THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA
    COURTESY OF LORD RAHL

Quote Originally Posted by deRougemont View Post
    Greetings fellows!

May I ask if Deus lo Vult modifies any of these files?:

names.txt
    descr_names.txt
    descr_names_lookup.txt

or starting character names in the descr_strat.txt file? I assume you mod the descr_strat.txt, but could you confirm whether you do or not?

I ask because I've begun beta testing the Character Names Mod and am receiving some errors which I can't explain at the moment from testers using Deus lo Vult.

Thanks, deRougemont
    Hello friend deRougemont,

We do modify the three listed files as follows:

names.txt
    Added these to end of file:
    {Edinburgh_Rebel}Sean
    {London_Rebel}Wat
    {Novgorod_Rebel}Ivan
    {Frankfurt_Rebel}Otto
    {Paris_Rebel}Jean
    {Leon_Rebel}Juan
    {Venice_Rebel}Carlo
    {Palermo_Rebel}Roger
    {Milan_Rebel}Roberto
    {Constantinople_Rebel}Basil
    {Cordoba_Rebel}Mohammed
    {Iconium_Rebel}Asad
    {Cairo_Rebel}Mostafa
    {Arhus_Rebel}Eric
    {Lisbon_Rebel}Juan
    {Buda_Rebel}Boris
    {Cracow_Rebel}Petrov
    {Rome_Rebel}Leo
    {Bulga_Rebel}Jagadai
    {Edinburgh_Rebela}Fearghus
    {London_Rebela}Jasper
    {Novgorod_Rebela}Igor
    {Frankfurt_Rebela}Lewis
    {Paris_Rebela}Michael
    {Leon_Rebela}Tommasa
    {Venice_Rebela}Giovanni
    {Palermo_Rebela}Henry
    {Milan_Rebela}Henri
    {Constantinople_Rebela}Michael
    {Cordoba_Rebela}Youssef
    {Iconium_Rebela}Mehmet
    {Cairo_Rebela}Omar
    {Arhus_Rebela}Knud
    {Lisbon_Rebela}Palo
    {Buda_Rebela}Igor
    {Cracow_Rebela}Michael
    {Rome_Rebela}Peter
    {Bulga_Rebela}Abadai

descr_names.txt
    Added these to faction_slave section:
    Edinburgh_Rebel
    London_Rebel
    Novgorod_Rebel
    Frankfurt_Rebel
    Paris_Rebel
    Leon_Rebel
    Venice_Rebel
    Palermo_Rebel
    Milan_Rebel
    Constantinople_Rebel
    Cordoba_Rebel
    Iconium_Rebel
    Cairo_Rebel
    Arhus_Rebel
    Lisbon_Rebel
    Buda_Rebel
    Cracow_Rebel
    Rome_Rebel
    Bulga_Rebel
    Edinburgh_Rebela
    London_Rebela
    Novgorod_Rebela
    Frankfurt_Rebela
    Paris_Rebela
    Leon_Rebela
    Venice_Rebela
    Palermo_Rebela
    Milan_Rebela
    Constantinople_Rebela
    Cordoba_Rebela
    Iconium_Rebela
    Cairo_Rebela
    Arhus_Rebela
    Lisbon_Rebela
    Buda_Rebela
    Cracow_Rebela
    Rome_Rebela
    Bulga_Rebela

descr_names_lookup.txt
    appended same list to end of this file

This is for the Armed Insurrection script.

Likely the above is the source of the errors. We don't touch names in descr_strat.txt

Cheers! dd

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Red View Post
    Hi repman,
    Will there be any adverse effect if I relocate the starting capital? Will this result in "offends the nobles" trait and crowning of the new king if the new capital is governed by the crown prince?
    Hello Eastern Red!

No adverse affect for moving your capital. But, the crowning, seat of power trait, removing "offends the nobles" trait and "disloyal" nobles seeking a royal pardon still is tied to the original capital.

Cheers! dd

Eastern Red's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by derdrakken View Post
    Hello Eastern Red!

No adverse affect for moving your capital. But, the crowning, seat of power trait, removing "offends the nobles" trait and "disloyal" nobles seeking a royal pardon still is tied to the original capital.

Cheers! dd
    Thanks dd! Now I know why the disloyal trait remains even though that character was moved to the new capital and remains for several turns.
    BTW, it seems that your're the only one that bothered to answer posts at DLV threads. Would like to give another rep if able to (just given 1 recently).
    DLV 2.11 is extremely tough and 'shiok' (fun), a case of enjoying and suffering at the same time.

THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA
    COURTESY OF LORD RAHL

Centenarius

Hy,the latest mod is great,and i saw you changed the lesser general skin but only in the custom battle,and i was wondering if you could put the lesser general in the campaign also(in your next realease).Anyway great job to you all,the mod is now even greater with the new skins and stuff from other mods.

Question:

Do you get hapiness bonuses for your realm if your General wins a heroric victory or captures a enemy capitol?

The reason I ask is because hapiness is the key for higher tax rates, and when playing VH/VH money is always tight However, I won a heroric victory as the Byzantines in Jerusalem and suddenly found former yellow cities w/low tax rates turn green. I immediatly increased the tax rates on my new happy cities, thus increasing badly needed revenue for my realm.

So if Heroric victories can increase happiness for your realm, are there any other condition that will do the same? Such as clear victorys, capturing enemy capitol or negotiating a ceasefire with a long time enemy?

How about negetive effects to happiness, such as a clear defeat or losing a long held city?

Yes it won't hurt, but installing .net 3.0 will not help with any in game speed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast