The Fourth Age: Total War Development Team presents:
THE FOURTH AGE: TOTAL WAR – FORTH EORLINGAS V1.7
1.7 is a fix patch for The Fourth Age: Total War – Forth Eorlingas v1.5/1.6. It includes many improvements and tweaks requested by the community, as well as some additional features such as a unit of Uruks available to Dunland. The FATW Dev. Team would like to thank everyone who has downloaded and played FE; a special thanks must go out to those who have offered us their feedback and criticism, as we could not have made this patch without your input. The patch should be savegame compatible, but this has not been tested extensively.
List of Changes introduced with 1.7:
- Year changed to 2007 in 1.7 menu backdrop.
- Larger Outlaw symbol added to Rohan UI.
- Royal Spears changed to Riddermark Spears in that unit's description.
- Note on clicking on Aglarond banner added to critical information tga.
- Rohan garrisons tweaked (mainly reduction of Rohan Levies esp. in east).
- Starting populations tweaked to make relatively correct.
- Barracks added to HD.
- Dunhere (HD) assigned Helmingas bodyguard.
- Dunland BM captain added.
- Incorrect Dunland settlement besieged event image corrected.
- Pop. growth bonus added to orc bldgs.
- RK settler cards added.
- 3 missing texture lines added.
- Orc lethality and morale increased slightly.
- 'Chainmail' changed to 'mail' in EU.
- Fram now has normal hair colour.
- Northmen wife now has normal hair colour too.
- Northmen city icons now displaying correctly.
- Uruk Spears added (Orc-hold renamed to Uruk-hold).
- Orc officer 'shrunk'.
- Ancs & traits updated/corrected.
Forth Eorlingas v1.7 Patch | Mirror 1 | Mirror 2 (11 MB)
Double-click on the fe_patch_1_7.exe that you just downloaded, and make sure that you have it pointed to your Rome directory where you installed FE v1.5 (this is normally C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War, or - if you have Gold - C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War). After the initial extraction is finished a dos window should open briefly to finish the installation. You can now click on the FE shortcut on your desktop, and continue to play!