Page 7 of 340 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Post your Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    In EU2 there was an AAR where someone did that with Tibet.

My ultimate goal would be WC with Tibet in Victoria... dont think thats happening though.
    i must get victoria tbh, so i can continue these campaigns (through that cool programme that converts the save file somehow?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gruffles View Post
    Had a HUGE war with a Lithuanian/Polish alliance that ended with a minor victory. I've been eyeing the rest of old Denmark but Hamburg and Mecklenburg are allied and they have a ton of ships. It's just not worth it for now. That may, however, change in the future.
    u need the tuscany island (how the hell did tuscany get that?) so u wont need ships

i guess ur manpower was far too low to decisively beat the lithuanian/polish alliance? Sweden always have major problems with that..

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

The EUIII -> Victoria converter is very very very incomplete. nothing outside of Europe proper is converted, the rest, including asia minor, is uncolonized and empty.

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    The EUIII -> Victoria converter is very very very incomplete. nothing outside of Europe proper is converted, the rest, including asia minor, is uncolonized and empty.
    ..maybe not then

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    u need the tuscany island (how the hell did tuscany get that?) so u wont need ships
    Yea. I'm going to get it eventually, but, I figured in order to take complete control of it I would need to go all the way down to Italy and rough Tuscany up down there (they wouldn't cede that danish island if all I took was that danish island.) Plus, if I do have to go down to Italy, they have a couple of alliances down there which could make things very messy.

So, I've been trying to support revolts to get danish rebels to reestablish Denmark. The only problem is that I've just noticed nobody has that island established as a core (not even Denmark.) So, meh...who needs it!

i guess ur manpower was far too low to decisively beat the lithuanian/polish alliance? Sweden always have major problems with that..
    Yea, I was pretty limited on the number of units I could support compared to what seemed like an endless stream from Lithuania. Some how my vassal and much smaller nation of Novgorod ended up as the leader of our alliance I was affraid they would negotiate peace before I could get back Osterbotten (don't ask me how Poland snuck behind my lines to take that ) and I wanted Riga (which was held by Poland before the war.)

Since I had taken a couple key provences (including Lithuania itself) and I had just started a massive battle (something like 11k for me vs 13k for them) I figured the time was ripe to negotiate peace where I get my two main objectives before Novgorod negotiated a peace and I don't get Riga and Osterbotten.

I'm happy. I got what I wanted out of the war (Riga) and my vassals held their lines.
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gruffles View Post
    Den Tre Krona (The Three Crowns)
    "Tre Kronor", or alternatively "De Tre Kronorna". What you wrote means "The Three Crown.

ahahaha, i accidently turbo annexed the rest of ming in a war (i took all but one province, the last one was a rebel controlled one) and now im hated throughout the entire world and.. at war with pretty much the entire world.

im allied with britain this time though so they wont be fighting me this round.. but my other ally (sibir, who randomly offered me an alliance a year or so before this happened) sided with their older ally kazan when they decced me.. so they are at war with like 5 nations when they sided with me, and then at war with me too cos they sided with kazan lawl...

now i got to move four hundred thousand men out of china to hit sibir and kazan. ill probably end up just mass recruiting some more units (i can support 1500 units or something apparently and i only have 480 atm) closer to the combat zones

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

ahahaha, i accidently turbo annexed the rest of ming in a war (i took all but one province, the last one was a rebel controlled one) and now im hated throughout the entire world and.. at war with pretty much the entire world.
    Accidental tubo annexing is fun, if you can handle the BB. In your case, you obviously can.

But say, when I was fighting England as France, had invaded the mainland and was conquering, when suddenly they had a couple revolt issues, and I found myself collecting a number of provinces, enough to push me over the BB limit and into a fullscale BB war... in like 1460...
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

i just played through it all... and everyone in contact with me were at war with me (funny though, portugal offered me an alliance instead of deccing me :/ they were the only ones).

Persia/oman, kazan, sibir, timurids, mali, novgorod, the V guys and their vassals (the biggest faction-bloc in asia after ming/japan was crushed, they were more powerful than ming-japan anyway..) and my own vassals the papal states declared war.

i made only one province gained out the whole thing from the V faction, i accepted all the other's offers of renouncing this and that each time instead because im a merciful person

its satisfying watching 100 infantry regiments appear across europe....

im at like, 1745 or something now so on the home stretch now, then ill do one of my cool map things i did last time (http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7715/eu3mapv1xx0.jpg) to show the global reach of the German Eagle

----

Next campaign i was thinking of starting as a small italian faction, and remaking as close as i can; the roman empire.

that or maybe some wierd goal as some other faction of taking every coastal province in the game lawl...
    Last edited by Carach; June 10, 2007 at 06:09 AM.

whats the program you have that makes those maps?
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

theres an image of the global province map in the eu3 files, i just save another copy of it and put it into photoshop and start filling in. it is time consuming though because the colours dont quite fill completely a lot of the time, or have provinces next to the one u want to fill in that are similar colours so it goes and fills them all in etc etc...

but it can look cool at the end

oh yea minor update on my empire thing (havent got pics as the game's at 1750 so far in there isnt much point) - i diploannexed britain (i can diplo annex them but not a measeley one province norway in iceland :@ who always refuse), once again cause the bb wars to occur with those that had just come out of truce - kazan/sibir and persia.

gained 2 provinces from kazan (sibir kept refusing the one province i wanted off them so meh..) and i gained one province from persia too in Arabia..

Japan offered me an alliance for some reason, i accepted. aztecs and mayas offered me alliance too but i refused, soon after aztecs invaded the colonies i got from britain in the annexation. i gained the colonies back and accepted their peace offer of 200 ducat payment to me.
    Last edited by Carach; June 10, 2007 at 06:13 AM.

i just played through it all... and everyone in contact with me were at war with me (funny though, portugal offered me an alliance instead of deccing me :/ they were the only ones).

Persia/oman, kazan, sibir, timurids, mali, novgorod, the V guys and their vassals (the biggest faction-bloc in asia after ming/japan was crushed, they were more powerful than ming-japan anyway..) and my own vassals the papal states declared war.

i made only one province gained out the whole thing from the V faction, i accepted all the other's offers of renouncing this and that each time instead because im a merciful person

its satisfying watching 100 infantry regiments appear across europe....

im at like, 1745 or something now so on the home stretch now, then ill do one of my cool map things i did last time (http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7715/eu3mapv1xx0.jpg) to show the global reach of the German Eagle

----

Next campaign i was thinking of starting as a small italian faction, and remaking as close as i can; the roman empire.

that or maybe some wierd goal as some other faction of taking every coastal province in the game lawl...
    Isn't War Weariness a massive problem for you?

yes it is, it is a cosntant repetitive irritation when province after province rebels (several every month) - however it has not been as high as it was in my last game as castille where i was approaching something like 20% revolt risk due to over a hundred year's constant war (give or take maybe a couple of years at the most) - that was a problem as my castille empire was very disjointed spread quite thinly across the world. isnt so much of a problem in my german campaign as my empire is mostly a solid block.

it was on 11-14% as i ended all the wars - i usually try to make sure the revolt risks go down to a decent level before declaring war, or make sure i have plenty of "interior" troops (usually cavalry) sprinkled throughout the empire that can destroy rebellions as they appear.

i have a dozen or so 6-9k cavalry armies around europe, africa and asia. none in china as i have so many infantry there it isnt neccessary. I also tend to lower the taxes when the option thing comes up asking me whether to ignore or lower tax, when the rebel army that could be raised if i was to ignorethem is 15 or higher (depends where it is, but i always lower tax in places where theres like 28 regiments that could rise up if i dont - saves the irritating headache of moving or spamming a bunch of mercs up nearby and fighting the blob

edit: ive had several crashes sending me back a few months at times (these crashes have only just started happening and i know someone else who has had similar issues...) lucky i save pretty often (dont rely on autosave only!)

the V faction guys, kazan and mali decced me again, i took all but 2 of mali's provinces, took 6 kazan provinces, and the V guys in india have only their capital left and its under siege by the japs.. i kind of want to just turbo annex them at this point..

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/6...55indiavw2.jpg
    Last edited by Carach; June 10, 2007 at 11:35 AM.

Seleucus I Nicator's Avatar Campidoctor

What's "bb wars" and "deccing"?

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Seleucus I Nicator View Post
    What's "bb wars" and "deccing"?
    BB wars are what most players call the set of wars that occur once your bb points (in game refered to as your reputation) crosses the bb threshold (which in game can be seen on the tooltip if you hang over your reputation). Once you cross that threshold there is generally an international hatred of your nation, and most neutral nations that are around you declare war upon you. If you are not strong enough to take on the rest of the known world, this can be quite bad (though very useful if you are strong).

Deccing is just short for declaring war on. Like "they decced me" instead of "they declared war upon me"
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8...map1757qw1.jpg

thats my empire, portugal and norway are ally/vassals (norway wouldnt accept annexation every godamn time.. 1 bloody province and they wouldnt accept..irritating) and portugal i hadnt made the relationship high enough to attempt diplo annex.
    Japan are also my allies, after i pretty much annihilated Ming (who they were allied with originally, and lost several provinces to me in those wars) they offered me an alliance and i accepted.

Vajanagar or w/e i had completely conquered but turbo annexation wouldnt work. I would try it again but the game crashes quite often now for some reason so ive left the game at 1857 in that condition - i'd only have turbo annexed them, swarmed kazan and sibir, and basically any part of the world not yet allied with me..

Indefinitely Banned

Oh man, so I just decided to start a game as Munster and see what I could do. I started out only getting about 4 ducats per year, so I decided to take a loan and just go for it. I went to war with Tyrone and Connacht right away and annexed them both. I was in even worse shape with money then though; I ultimately just turned on Leinster -- claiming its throne and then attacking. Britanny is still my ally, but I'm in a pretty tough spot. I may ultimately have to take another loan and blitz some English provinces or something.

I guess I'm one province away from being able to form Ireland though, which is great.

Everybody seems to love the games where you can form modern countries.

actually, after my exams are done next week ill probably start on an asian faction campaign during spare time... (but its the summer, so i doubt ill have much of that!)

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Everybody seems to love the games where you can form modern countries.
    Or the totally fantasy games...resurgant byzantium and grenada are possibilities in EUII : AGCEEP mod...I can handle byzantium but sure as hell not grenada.

i started a game as the Vajarangar or w/e, bloody frustrating when my alies orrisa somehow get to be the bigger partner in the wars and keep ****ing up my gains :@ by accepting white peace all the damn time.