Page 6 of 340 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Default Re: Post your Empire

Austria always seems to expand massively.

Seleucus I Nicator's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    austria look huge in your campaign...
    Yeah, they have gotten pretty big. Right after I fought a war with Hungary and left them severly weakened with lots of rebellions, Austria came and took lots of territories, with basicly no Hungarian armies to oppose them.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

i limited austrian expansion in my game as i was in direct conflict with them as a german state, they still expanded across northern italy though (until i made friends and diplo annexed them)

Europe: http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/4433/16681xr9.jpg

europe before all my diploannexing (and a couple of wars): http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9909/1647um8.jpg

Persia/western India: http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9...3gindiaro6.jpg

Africa: http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9...gafricaru6.jpg

N.America: http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5...americaiv8.jpg

S.America: http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6...americaek4.jpg

Europe: In Europe its been almost entirely peaceful bar england's constant wars on scotland (scotland are down to the one province now i think so they will be gone soon) Russia's where the action has been at between Muscowy and Novgrod, the balance between the two swinging constantly until i stepped in and took pretty much all the provinces heh. (nov. were my allies for a time so they gained a couple of provinces).

I killed sicily off, diplo annexed first Lithuania, second Poland, third Denmark (they had 2 islands remaining) fourth Sweden (they had one province left), firth Aragon, sixth Austria and then finally Castille. I do have France in mind next but they are tricky to ally with despite having near perfect relations.

As a result of diplo annexing the last few ive inherited a bunch of colonial possessions (i didnt want to play a colonial game in this campaign so my empire was largely european-based with a few in the carribean). Otherwise my 'foreign policy' has been largely eastwards in nature (but not through Russia heh, horrible place)

Middle East/India: I wanted to make india before the game ended, and ive succeeded at that; ive made north west India by driving a path through the Timurid Empire (mostly along the coast). Timurid's alliance with Delhi means ill most likely move upwards now and into Delhi's rich provinces as India major is almost entirely under the control of a single Indian faction which spreads from my border at Jaipur or w/e all the way to the coast in s.e asia (vietnam etc). I dont really want to war them at this point, maybe later .

In the ME itself ive pretty much boxed in the mamluks and persia along with their allies into arabia where they fight each other repeatedly. Mamluks seem to have the upper hand.

Africa: I didnt realise how good the swahili provinces were (relatively) until i had finished the ottomans off, at which point i decided to drive through the mamluks and into africa to prepare to annihilate them - i took all of egypt, went through ethiopia, wiping them out, then went all the way down past the horn. Swahili are still alive in that little open cluster surrounded on 3 sides by perm. terra. I had to move some armies back to asia for fights with timurids and co but i have a large transport fleet now in the indian ocean that can quickly ferry troops back and forth - only one army is required in this area of africa anyway for defensive purposes due to the terra that surrounds the provinces - bottle neck.

N. America: I inherited all the provinces in NA from castille and aragon, i attacked a couple of indian factions and gained a few provinces from them.

S. America: Again, inherited it all from aragon/austria. Only concentrated on making them all fortified cities, will not expand other than that except for maybe a few gold provinces.
    Last edited by Carach; June 02, 2007 at 08:30 AM.

Seleucus I Nicator's Avatar Campidoctor

My Austrian empire:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9...ria1489hu3.jpg

I had alot more provinces a while ago, but I lost many of them due to getting into a huge war with over 20 factions at once. I primarily had to fight France, Venice, Bavaria, Saxony, Switzerland, Poland, Hungary and Bohemia.

I recently managed to reconquer the territories Switzerland took from me, though.

WOW Carach, you really are destroying in that game.

I would like to see what you could do with ming, world conquest anyone?
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I just started playing this game, so I'm learning the basics, and haven't got very far.
    I'll update this after the war is over.
    Right now I'm Dehli, allied with two other Indian nations and at war with two. But I didn't start the war - the enemies were invading several other countries. War was the only way to stop their expansion... and it gave me a perfectly acceptable casus belli to invade all of their provinces.
    I wasn't originally allied to the two nations, but they happily accepted after the enemies started their expansion craze.

I'm going to smack around Gondwana some more as it has proved beneficial for my nation's economy so far.
    What I really want though are the Bangladesh and Tamil regions... the Europeans love to go there so I figure I'll get to make relations with them there.
    Last edited by LSJ; June 04, 2007 at 10:09 PM.

Carach, who did you start as with Germany? I'm arse at playing small states, can't get it. Tips?

i started out as Mecklenburg - they are small but have great economy for a small state due to their start with a COT.

basically i exploited denmark's problems of fighting sweden (basically taking their provinces out from behind them), allied with brandenburg for a time and a couple of other factions, overwhelmed the 1 province states surrounding me and grabbed a province or 2 off the tuetons and pommerania.

There was a bit of luck involved when i inherited brandenburg's reasonable-sized kingdom, once u get to that size though it gets pretty easy to dominate the remaining small states surrounding you (either diplomatically or militarily) - i was finally put in check by the Austrians over a couple of wars i lost a couple of provinces to them. At that point u focus on military tech (As at this point they are usually far ahead of you) until u get better tech - with the size of your kingdom and the economic power that brings u can overpower the austrians, leaving u the dominant power in central europe

Its also essential to keep burgandy fractured by taking out lorraine (subject to alliances and military access stuff.. if burgandy dont have access then u dont have much to worry about), u can quickly blitzreig burgandy's lowlands possessions. (or at least thats what i did)

a lot of the play depends on circumstances, the ai doesnt do the same thing everytime with that amount of factions.

Personally despite the COT control, i didnt bother with merchants once i got to a reasonable size in the region. I concentrated on production tech not trade as the merchant system is far too repetitive and irritating, bringing in less than production (if u have decent provinces, i always try to get the decent ones in peace deals first)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    WOW Carach, you really are destroying in that game.

I would like to see what you could do with ming, world conquest anyone?
    well ahead of you bud delhi's gone, timurids are down to 2 fractured provinces.. ive split ming in 2 pieces already. diploannexed France now (as i spent years improving relations) and the BB points built up with that has caused a bit of difficulty as now all of europe (lol..well, the rest of europe) are at war with me - Britain, portugal, kazan, sibir, mali in africa. im sure if i didnt have such good relations with the second most powerful faction in the game (the vargwiwijgwg whatever the light blue/greys in india/se.asia) they would attack too, and ming and japan would too if they werent under truce.

I have barely anything in europe either so its gonna be interesting.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8338/eu3gasiayv0.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3...3gasia2cs2.jpg
    Last edited by Carach; June 05, 2007 at 12:52 PM.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I heard of an AAR on the paradox forums, at one point...where someone completely conquered and converted the world, playing as ottomans...

holy shiz :O

EU3 has caught my eye a few times while I've got out to the store, but has never quite caught my eye enough for me purchase it.

Tell me, just how good is it and would it be worth the money if I wanted to buy it?

holy shiz :O
    Well, that was for EUII, not EUIII. The ottomans are certainly the faction most capable of it at the start of the game in that one. You have to play insanely unrealistically though, constantly spamming missionaries and cavalry armies (don't even bother with land tech, rushing from even that point, that you don't need infantry. In EUII infantry are only good in mountainous or hilly terrain, until you get to land tech 9, the arquebus armament)

And yes, I feel EUIII is worth it. Read around these threads though, EUIII is a much different game (although I feel far more satisfying) than M2TW.

I played the demo for it, so I got the sense of how different it was from M2TW, and got the feel like it was something similar to HoI2.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKYA View Post
    I played the demo for it, so I got the sense of how different it was from M2TW, and got the feel like it was something similar to HoI2.
    Well, as you may know, it's made by the same company (they made games for the various periods between 1066 and 1953, minus the 10 or so years between EUII and Victoria) as HoI2, but the game apparently feels much different from the game. I've read from others accounts that france can go nuts, conquering the map in the demo...this does not happen in the game, among other things that might be thought of as ridiculous.

got exams tommorow, so ill finish annihilating ming at the weekend probably.

at the moment i have their entire northern portion occupied, and a lot of their southern parts too, hopefully some rebellions will take place for them and make them collapse (i will have to try out this turboannexation heh..)

then ill have 70-80 years or so to fight the V faction in india and s.e asia

to beat all the people attacking me in the bb wars (it was tibet, timurids, kazan, sibir, portugal, britain, mali and the mamluks) i spammed up a lot of mercs.. to the point where 1 merc unit was costing 200 a piece lawl...got britain to renounce claims (their offer), kazan and sibir to renounce claims (their offer), and mamluks got white peace and mali too, timurids renounced claims (their offer) and tibet i annexed. - then i started on the annihilation of ming's 2 remaining portions of land.

takes forever to get over the himilayas heh, so its cool ive now got enough provinces to fit some 200k + soldiers in heh (i built regimental camps or w/e in all the provinces bordering ming so pretty much all the armies u see in the screenshot in my post above are from 10-22k men each)
    Last edited by Carach; June 07, 2007 at 06:53 AM.

The now unified France:

Revenge for the 100 years war as you can see.
    Oi acidentally resized, will edit

Den Tre Krona (The Three Crowns)

I also have Iceland (for what that's worth.)

My vassals are Novgorod and Pskov. Scotland was a vassal but failed to repay a loan so I had to spank them and take the Highlands. Had a HUGE war with a Lithuanian/Polish alliance that ended with a minor victory. I've been eyeing the rest of old Denmark but Hamburg and Mecklenburg are allied and they have a ton of ships. It's just not worth it for now. That may, however, change in the future.
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Icon6 Re: Post your Empire

i limited austrian expansion in my game as i was in direct conflict with them as a german state, they still expanded across northern italy though (until i made friends and diplo annexed them)

Europe: http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/4433/16681xr9.jpg

europe before all my diploannexing (and a couple of wars): http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9909/1647um8.jpg

Persia/western India: http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9...3gindiaro6.jpg

Africa: http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9...gafricaru6.jpg

N.America: http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5...americaiv8.jpg

S.America: http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6...americaek4.jpg

Europe: In Europe its been almost entirely peaceful bar england's constant wars on scotland (scotland are down to the one province now i think so they will be gone soon) Russia's where the action has been at between Muscowy and Novgrod, the balance between the two swinging constantly until i stepped in and took pretty much all the provinces heh. (nov. were my allies for a time so they gained a couple of provinces).

I killed sicily off, diplo annexed first Lithuania, second Poland, third Denmark (they had 2 islands remaining) fourth Sweden (they had one province left), firth Aragon, sixth Austria and then finally Castille. I do have France in mind next but they are tricky to ally with despite having near perfect relations.

As a result of diplo annexing the last few ive inherited a bunch of colonial possessions (i didnt want to play a colonial game in this campaign so my empire was largely european-based with a few in the carribean). Otherwise my 'foreign policy' has been largely eastwards in nature (but not through Russia heh, horrible place)

Middle East/India: I wanted to make india before the game ended, and ive succeeded at that; ive made north west India by driving a path through the Timurid Empire (mostly along the coast). Timurid's alliance with Delhi means ill most likely move upwards now and into Delhi's rich provinces as India major is almost entirely under the control of a single Indian faction which spreads from my border at Jaipur or w/e all the way to the coast in s.e asia (vietnam etc). I dont really want to war them at this point, maybe later .

In the ME itself ive pretty much boxed in the mamluks and persia along with their allies into arabia where they fight each other repeatedly. Mamluks seem to have the upper hand.

Africa: I didnt realise how good the swahili provinces were (relatively) until i had finished the ottomans off, at which point i decided to drive through the mamluks and into africa to prepare to annihilate them - i took all of egypt, went through ethiopia, wiping them out, then went all the way down past the horn. Swahili are still alive in that little open cluster surrounded on 3 sides by perm. terra. I had to move some armies back to asia for fights with timurids and co but i have a large transport fleet now in the indian ocean that can quickly ferry troops back and forth - only one army is required in this area of africa anyway for defensive purposes due to the terra that surrounds the provinces - bottle neck.

N. America: I inherited all the provinces in NA from castille and aragon, i attacked a couple of indian factions and gained a few provinces from them.

S. America: Again, inherited it all from aragon/austria. Only concentrated on making them all fortified cities, will not expand other than that except for maybe a few gold provinces.
    Yah know Carach, I think at that point I'd call it quites.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

I heard of an AAR on the paradox forums, at one point...where someone completely conquered and converted the world, playing as ottomans...
    In EU2 there was an AAR where someone did that with Tibet.

My ultimate goal would be WC with Tibet in Victoria... dont think thats happening though.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

I believe WC with Tannu Tuva in Hoi2 is the hardest. 1 tech team and surrounded by 2 countries, one of which is the Soviet Union
    I did do it once with cheats though, well i conquered all of Eurasia that is.
    Then i got bored.