Page 58 of 340 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960616263646566676883108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 6785

Thread: Post your Empire

Default Re: Post your Empire

How can you increase the chance to inherit a country? It only seems to happen randomly. It happens maybe once or twice to me in one game (when I'm lucky).

King Edward III's Avatar Primicerius

Update.

Now to get France to release its vassals..
    According to the Theory of War, which teaches that the best way to avoid the inconvenience of war is to pursue it away from your own country, it is more sensible for us to fight our notorious enemy in his own realm, with the joint power of our allies, than it is to wait for him at our own doors.

- King Edward III, 1339

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Oh, why oh why? I was in my second war with Japan (as the UK) and after having miserably conceded in 1936, I was eager to prove myself as the dominant naval and land power in Asia. After two years, I had reconquered Indochina, made Siam my puppet as well as Afghanistan and I was making expeditions to the Japanese mainland. I had taken nearly all of their provinces when suddenly the USA decides to conclude their separate peace treaty which involved Japan becoming their puppet. Ah well, at least I've gotten some sweet port locations for my coming attack on the USA in 1945.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My Castille game took an interesting turn. I was massing armies and fleets for a colonization push but suddenly France attacks England and not wanting the prestige hit, I figure I'll hold off France for a few months, get a white peace (as per usual) and continue on my merry way.

BUT

France's es (assorted minors) all invaded too, and my armies were sent to deal with them..no problem, right? nooo all 5 nations of north africa invade, wtf, neg prestige, no money, no manpower, we're donsies

Suddenly Grenada finally turns Christian, I get 500 ducats, Popey calls a Crusade on Algiers, Portugal attacks Tripoli for a bit then leaves, and eventually I retake all of N. Africa, and half of Algiers. Tripoli gives me silly amounts of gold. Now I have to chill and wait for conversions and lower revolt risks, but they were pissing me off so much I don't care. Next time they pull that crap I'm gonna vassalize them all.

Manpower's back, I have good advisors for once, 2500 ducats, woot

Cúchulainn's Avatar 我不是老外,我是野蛮人

Quote Originally Posted by Schwertmeister View Post
    How can you increase the chance to inherit a country? It only seems to happen randomly. It happens maybe once or twice to me in one game (when I'm lucky).
    You can't.

It does happen randomly.

The best way is to always ask for a royal marriage with your target country.

Don't go to war with them, and if your lucky you will get a personal union, get an alliance with them.

That what I did with Portugal.

However this is NO guarantee.

Don't plan your strategy with this as a objective, think of it as a luck event in your favour.
    First Child of Noble
    I've had my fun and that's all that matters
    Je Combats L'universelle Araignée

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

fuzz what program do u use to show ur empire?

the one someone else (Cant remember who) keeps coming up with an error in the dos window thing when i try to load up my save game for the map :/

Ive finally been able to convincingly beat the lithuanian giant.. has been a because they used to pwn me in battles, and i had to have half my armies elsewhere making sure japan/mamluks/anyone else im bordered with declaring on me. Even my own vassals that i released to block lithuania from me partially keep declaring war EVERY TIME when the truce drops - thats worked well against the mamluks cos i just take chunks every time out of them (theyre down to the swahili area and the island off arabia now..) but when its my own vassals that i released it takes the piss.

but anyway i wont need them now so ill just take all their land next time they do it
    Last edited by Carach; June 07, 2008 at 04:44 PM.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If its In Nomine, pressing F12 gives you an instant map of the world saved to the screenshots folder, so you don't need to load your file up in the editor.

At least that's what Sneakpeak #5 told us; I haven't bought it yet.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

ah.. yea that may be it.. which is a as im on NA still :/

I there anyway to temp a country into attacking you in EU3?

I don't think so.
    If you so badly need casus belli try to use spies

Thanks, i think it's easier to get used to EU3 than HoI2

Lol this is hard, if i play as England i get attacked by France and Brittany, they take Ireland and start attacking the mainland. Then i run out of money, then my king dies without an heir. Then i run out of man power, and then to make it perfect half of my provinces start revolting, any advice on starting in the earliest date?

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

If you want start a year later . Anyways, keep a strong Navy, you shouldn't be allowing French troops to get on any of your land. immediately set your ships in the channel, and make sure to check for any enemies. It's hard to own France as England though, they have lots of manpower.

Ok thanks, i guess i should have started playing this before getting used to a bad AI and Diplomacy with the Total War games lol. I read the 144 page manual aswell, thanks people, BTW if you start on the earliest date, when does muskets appear and does Prussia emerge?

Serious J's Avatar Decanus

Here's my current Great Britain game, playing IN. Year is 1570

It's going pretty good for my second playthrough of the game after a really frustrating Castille game where I had no idea how to control my economy. I'm slowly filling in the gaps in North America while my armies pacify India and some of the nations in the east. Currently allied with France and Portugal because Castille decided to break our longstanding alliance because I converted to Protestant.

After I finish off the east Indies I might take a nice trip to Japan and China to expand the empire.

Anyone know how I can start the East Indian trading company? Popup says that I have it as a decision but it's not in the list.
    The strange days are coming.

Ok guy NVM, i rule most of Britain now and i am called Great Britain also. I have control of several American provinces, the picture is not uploading ATM but ill sort it out soon.

EDIT: Picture

How do i remove them stripes off of my provinces? Mine are the ones with the red stripes BTW.
    Last edited by Ojf; June 12, 2008 at 12:55 PM.

Fijj's Avatar Miles

Thats from senario editor.
    Those lines mean there colonies.

Is it possible for my colonies to become full cities that can recruit units? I have one as a city already but cant recruit units yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ojf View Post
    Is it possible for my colonies to become full cities that can recruit units? I have one as a city already but cant recruit units yet?

It needs to be a core of a country before it can be used to recruit. So you pretty much have to wait 50 years after it becoming self sufficient.

Playing as France. England is just about finished,

Poland Inherited Lithuania, Hungary and all of Scandanavia in the span of 10 years...