Page 54 of 340 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 6785

Thread: Post your Empire

Default Re: Post your Empire

Take that, Baffin Island!

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence of Arabia View Post
    I wouldn't wish that game upon my worst enemy.
    I wouldn't say it's *that* bad, I am however disappointed in it. The game would be infinitely better if it played a lot more like previous EU titles...in that historical situations played out as they more or less did in history thanks to A. The game mechanics, B. historical events, and C. even simply the status quo at the beginning of the game.

As it stands, historical situations do not play out as they did (as they SHOULD) and this kills a fair bit of the fun factor for me.

Massillia colonizes to the point that Rome often cannot colonize towards Gaul.
    Rome ends up colonizing in the direction of Germany and Illyria as a result.
    The Seleucid empire, because it is of Greek culture, ends up completely dominating, and even when there are civil wars, continues unabated, and Parthia seems to rarely emerge as a power of any kind.
    AI Carthage >>>>>>> AI Rome by a long shot, even though it borders Egypt.
    The AI is automatically way too friendly to co-religionists and like culture.

I am waiting anxiously for large-scale mods, and in the meantime will be playing Magna Mundi Gold 2.

I started an AAR as Iberia, and was promtply wtf pwnt by Pontus, Bosporans and Bythinia.

It took like five minutes for me to lose. Darn. I had 90 gold, too.
    Last edited by imb39; May 04, 2008 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Censor bypass removed.

I think the biggest problem in general is relations. As you said... same culture/religion is valued way too much. Galatia never allies with pergamon... and Armenia never allies with Pontus. Pontus should ally with Armenia to take down the Selecuds! After all... it should be about power... sure the Achean league probably looked out for the Aetolian league... but otherwise I don't think same culture/religion powers gave a crap about each other and all they wanted was power(except when they need to unite against an external threat). Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be represented too well. For instance... as Armenia I fought a 30 year war in an attempt to get the Selecud rebels to win the civil war and how much relations did I get with them? HARDLY ANY!!! If I was doing 50% of the fighting and was crucial in their independence then I should have had 200 relations with them by the time they won the civil war.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Tokugawa in 1612.

MM2 is hard as hell, almost so hard that it kills enjoyment, but damn it's rewarding when you finaly manage to take one province
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have set some goals for myself before I end my Burgundy game. They're mostly to get me to stay with campaigns longer.

1. Annex Great Britain and conquer Ireland
    2. Take the upper half of Africa in its entirety
    3. Take Persia and Arabia
    4. Take out Sibir and colonize and provinces in the western half of Russia
    5. Take over Mexico and the rest of the Caribbean
    6. Take what is now Venezuela and Columbia
    7. Gain the maritimes region
    8. Annex the Pope

Then I'll have a very large chunk of the world and will be unstoppable. At that point, I'll be satisfied and can go on to my old project; take every single Asian province as Delhi. Ming will be a problem, but they'll certainly make my campaign last longer.

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Atterdag View Post
    Tokugawa in 1612.

MM2 is hard as hell, almost so hard that it kills enjoyment, but damn it's rewarding when you finaly manage to take one province
    I like playing the Sengoku Jidai scenario as the Takeda. Although it seemed a bit arbitrary when the Shogunate loses its manpower bonus from being a daimyo.

"Your empire is bigger, thus, you don't get as many bonuses -- for accuracy's sake!"

Did Ryukyu take Ezochi? (Modern day Hokkaido)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

I think they're just sieging the province to be honest (can't remember right now).

I'll use this as an opportunity to vent some frustration.

I fricking hate the emperor in MMG2. It kills enjoyment.
    I fricking hate the "vassal seeks freedom" event in MMG2. It kills enjoyment.
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

Otto von Bismarck

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Atterdag View Post
    I think they're just sieging the province to be honest (can't remember right now).

I'll use this as an opportunity to vent some frustration.

I fricking hate the emperor in MMG2. It kills enjoyment.
    I fricking hate the "vassal seeks freedom" event in MMG2. It kills enjoyment.
    Dont vasalize when you'r small.
    In my Bremen campaign I was losing vassals left and right, but with Burgundy they never leave.

Vassals dont respect small overlords.
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

Actually, I just tried the Takeda and I never had the vassal leave event. Not in the entire game so far (1477-1520). Even though I at a time had like 4 vassals around me.
    Сканија је Данска

Otto von Bismarck

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

1619. Timurids are ghey took all their provinces and they wouldnt accept the demands i was making (basically all the coastline and a couple inland - like 5 or 6 provinces overall) so i couldnt make much gains. Annexed kashmir
    Annexed Delhi in a second war and took 2 provinces of timurids (some of the ones i couldnt get in previous war)

Then ming declared war on me as i was finishing that - they were throwing huge armies at my relatively tiny border force there so i lost a few provinces before recruitment and reinforcements turned the tide.. my japanese allies started storming the northern provinces that had no forts, i sent cavalry into the north (via kashmir region) and started taking all the unfortified provinces around there too, as did little old Nepal.
    Quite a large number of provinces had been taken, 25% war score so i demanded a little thinking ming would do their usual refuse everything but like one province.. to my suprise however they accepted peace on the terms that i get a province by kashmir, nepal get a province, and japan get a province.

So not all bad really, but i had been wanting to gain more than that really.

i had been getting frustrated with timurids refusal to accept anything so i did try to turbo annex (leaving a rebel army to take a province) but unfortunately my allies killed the rebels

BB is 105 now, i can see all of europe at last too, Lithuania and austria are at war and lithuania seem to be steamrolling the austrians atm, not to mention their erosion of Persian land too..i so badly want to reach europe but i dont really want to be slaughtered by the purple machine :/

Plan is to bulldoze thru the timurids, leave their northern provinces as a buffer against Ming, hit persia and move on thru there to a border with mamluks..then take out candar or whoever the people in turkey are. Mamluks could be troublesome but i should be able to handle them pretty easily by the time i make it to their border...

Time's running out and i want a proper challenge again so i want to make europe ASAP! dont want conquest of the world, never did.. just want fun my goals and plans are nowhere near as grand as old Lawrence..lol

tco's Avatar Ducenarius

Me as Spain, I utterly rule the world, France and Austria are both my vassals.

MMG 2.2

Protestant France, just after the long awaited demise of the HRE.

Spain and I have been allies for like 120 years and the two sister nations fought a good deal of wars in the Austrian Netherlands against the four successive dynasties of German emperors.

First I attacked the Austrians while they were at war with the Ottomans and low on stability and allies. The defeat I brought on them apparently crippled them so much that the emperor's crown went to Lorraine. I was in the process of converting my kingdom so I led my pesky neighbours keep the provinces.

Then the duke of Lorraine dies heir-less and the Low Countries + Franche-Cometé passes to the new emperor of Brandenburg, a weak minded powerless man who got a load of events that portrayed him as furious over the lack of respect the electors showed him.

I beat Brandenburg and I beat them badly. Then they decide to call up the Imperial army.. ouch. Just as I was about to settle for a white peace, the Austrians backstab the Emperor and attack from their provinces of Luxembourg and Friesland. I guess they wanted those Dutch provinces buck just as much as I did

I get Vlaandern, Franche-Comté and Breda out of that little war.
    (Actually it was two wars. I had just made peace once with Brandenburg --> Breda to me, when the Imperial Army declared war).

The last, and weakest of the dynasties was the Thuringia family. They manage to lose one of their two last Dutch provinces (Zeeland) to rebels who then form the duchy of Holland. Safely under the protection of French guns.

Now I wait patiently for the perfect moment to arise, I've been trying to get cores on the electors for like the entire game to get rid of that unholy rabble that was the HRE, and finaly it arrives. Thuringia is under 0 stab and I got a casus belli (can't remember for what). War is declared and pretty much a year later I'm fighting off all but one of the elector counts. I occupy their capitals (I made quite a show out of hitting Brandenburg by landing troopers on the Pomeranian coast while their army was dwindling away under attrition in northern France) and ba da bim ba da bung - the HRE is dismissed and most of the electors are now French vassals.

Sweet, sweet, sweeeet revenge.
    Last edited by Atterdag; May 16, 2008 at 05:06 PM.
    Сканија је Данска

Otto von Bismarck

tco's Avatar Ducenarius

I finally went for some bad boy wars, as spain I annexed france. Man that was the cool, I ended up with like 500,000 troops and some 200 war ships.
    O yea I had France as vassals, then after I annexed them then I vassaled had Burgundy as them along with Austria.

Last edited by tco; May 16, 2008 at 08:37 PM.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This is a random game I started last week, not a long campaign, but one just to form a German Confederation...

What I really want is IN to come out and rid me of those damned ping-pong wars.

This isn't my largest empire so far but I havn't posted this yet... playing as egypt.

Using a mod that added more civilizations to the barbarian territories, they started small but since this is mid/late game they colonized.
    Last edited by Kanaric; May 22, 2008 at 08:26 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Ältester der Motten's Avatar Primicerius

Rule Hessia, rule the earths, Hessians never will be slaves!

The glorious motherland (notice the occupation of big parts of Austria and Lothringia)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Middle american colonies

African colonies & St. Helena

Go sleep, Britannia!

Half-assed update:

I you not.
    Last edited by Ältester der Motten; May 24, 2008 at 01:29 PM.

Fijj's Avatar Miles

Nice Hessen there Desmotes. Why dont you take Mali??

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Stupid Frenchies....

My best encirclement on the Western Front.

Now Sealion and the invasion of Spain will be even easier....

I tryed to get them to retreat to Dunkeqe, but with only 18 Divisions to attack from that direction onto Calais, I had to settle for killing those divisions at Calais.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

quick question: can eu3 saves be used on napoleons ambitions (and soon to be in nomine?)