Page 5 of 340 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default Re: Post your Empire

In my Imago Dei Venice game, I've just sundered Britain. What a good feeling...there is the Duchy of Northumbria (including lancashire), the Principality of Wales (including cornwall), and the Kingdom of Scotland. Pics later. I'll be diplo-annexing naples later and uniting all Italians...

i'm playing as ireland and am making a "british empire" type irish nation
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

oh well, decided to try out the demo perhaps it's a good game after all.

I never managed to entirely conquer Iberia. I had North Italy, all islands in the western med including Sicily, southern Italy, North and South Africa, all of the Carribbean, all of South America, every Atlantic island, central America, southern North America and the Phillipines.

Usually, as an iberian nation. When I attack someone like Aragon i just force vassalize them, take some territory if i can, and in 10 years diplo annex. They have too many colonies and overseas territory to just conquer normally.

That is usually the best way to take control of a nations territory imo.

Wow your badbay is INSANE. With England I had more than that but controlled all of france and non-iberian europe up to poland, lol.

I can see why you didn't diplo annex aragon. If you did take Barcelona you would of had the option of forming spain. Your flag and everything would change and you would be Spain but with Portuguese as your primary culture.

I have Aragon in the multiplayer game, lol. I can see it will be interesting.

Started a new campaign in 1.2.1 as Mecklenburg and it was alot harder than 1.1. But in 1490 something I united Germany and it boosted my yearly income from 40 to 140 I gained core on all provinces I owned but also many of my neighbours so I got a lot of CB's to use.

Since my BB is just under the limit I will start colonizing and build up an navy 'till it gets down a bit before I can carry on with Europe.

The other large empires are, France like always (they attacked poor Denmark with 2 armies, each of them consiting of 35k soldiers), Austria, that has beaten the Ottomans and Lithanuia that has taken all of Novgorod.
    We march, march, march
    we fight, fight, fight
    we die, die, die
    we rule!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Usually, as an iberian nation. When I attack someone like Aragon i just force vassalize them, take some territory if i can, and in 10 years diplo annex. They have too many colonies and overseas territory to just conquer normally.

That is usually the best way to take control of a nations territory imo.

Wow your badbay is INSANE. With England I had more than that but controlled all of france and non-iberian europe up to poland, lol.

I can see why you didn't diplo annex aragon. If you did take Barcelona you would of had the option of forming spain. Your flag and everything would change and you would be Spain but with Portuguese as your primary culture.

I have Aragon in the multiplayer game, lol. I can see it will be interesting.
    Yeah I tried to diplo vassalise them for ages, didn't work.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

my German Empire; 1598.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2...leuropezi5.jpg

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8...neuropehz4.jpg

i diplo annexed lithuania who were pretty damn large, poland still refuse diplo annex though

killed off the ottomans, my new enemies are kazan and persia now - im making a land route to india and nobody will stop me! Although i may have to kill poland if they continue rejecting my diploannexing.

I have few colonial possessions as i was attempting this campaign to be european only - no colonies! but i gained some from a few wars so i own most of the carribean and a couple of provinces in s.america.

I still want to kill france, i have a lot of soldiers on that front incase of funny business, unfortunately i cant really shift fronts like i used to as im far too big and it takes an age for the soldiers to get from east to west as a result. Ill just have to spam up some more soldiers before i make my attacks - but east is the way im looking not west.

edit: just killed little corfu, took some italian provinces from sicily, killed some other faction (kazan i think) and crimea, attacked the mamluks (deus vult is so nice - persia is next ) poland finally accepted annexation, denmark and sweden are vassals too and will be annexed in a few years when it becomes available.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7...ast1605bh9.jpg

im gonna go 2 ways, north africa and into asia im moving the 40 odd thousand men i have in the est now onto a front with persia - i may need to change an idea though as i dont have the new world idea and as a result cant recruit conquistors so i cant see the terra
    Last edited by Carach; May 26, 2007 at 10:01 AM.

How high is your reputation?

i adjusted the bb points to -1 ratherthan -0.1 as -0.1 is far too intolerant.

(dunno if anyone else had theirs at -0.1, but basically it means ur rep is destroyed extremely fast..)

im not even that expansionist, i mostly dec with cassus and in defence of allies etc - but it was getting repetitive being decced by everyone all the time (eventhough i could beat them) - it just makesthe game irritating and boring and also limits diplomacy too much.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    but it was getting repetitive being decced by everyone all the time (eventhough i could beat them) - it just makesthe game irritating and boring and also limits diplomacy too much.
    *cough*justlikeRTW*cough.

BTW can anybody who plays MM give me tips on how to survive as Morea? I keep either getting to much badboy and sooner or later the Ottomans come down and lay the smack down on my puny kingdom.
    Last edited by Slaxx Hatmen; May 26, 2007 at 11:27 AM.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by the celt View Post
    yea, except the tw games lack any real diplomacy whatsoever other thantrade agreements and possibly making peace...

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by the celt View Post

BTW can anybody who plays MM give me tips on how to survive as Morea? I keep either getting to much badboy and sooner or later the Ottomans come down and lay the smack down on my puny kingdom.
    A few tiny countries DoW you early on yeah? If it's albania, defeat their invading force, invade and vassalize them. If anyone with greek pops DoW's you, like naxos, gobble them up. Crete has a tendency to break away as well. Avoid Rhodes...the ottomans can simply march across the straights, and they generally make a senselessly huge navy (of galleys...). If you've lasted that long, go for cyprus. Then...wait for the turn of the century. Ottomans will lose their cores on you (and likewise you will lose the ability to train their doubtlessly superior infantry, probably janissaries), and hopefully, they aren't in one of those games where they're invading russia and france.

As for athens, they start as your vassal, just annex them when you get the chance.

I rarely having people non stop DOWing me as well if they have decent relations, in tw they get mad for no reason. On this they have to have reason to be angry with you.

Because of that with Ottomans you could TRY to get positive relations with them and put your tolerance for islam all the way up. Try to give them permission to cross into your territory as well. That always seems to stop them from DOWing me.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Will do, thx fellas. BTW what should I set my sliders towards at the beginning?
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

My first real campaign in EU3, Japan.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I've only had the game 3 days...bare with me and my tiny empire!

I'm diggin' this game!
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    I rarely having people non stop DOWing me as well if they have decent relations, in tw they get mad for no reason. On this they have to have reason to be angry with you.

Because of that with Ottomans you could TRY to get positive relations with them and put your tolerance for islam all the way up. Try to give them permission to cross into your territory as well. That always seems to stop them from DOWing me.
    when i was hated by the entire world and had non stop war for over a hundred years in my castille game, i got relations to around 180 with England, royal marriages and military access etc, they still decced me repeatedly

Indefinitely Banned

I'm still playing Burgundy in Imago Dei. My empire has expanded considerably:

My vassals currently are: Mecklenburg, Bohemia, and Saxony.

After my huge war with France -- shown here:

-- , from which I gained a couple of provinces and France's vassalization, I kept the French as a vassal awhile. During this period, I was involved in a few other wars, gaining German and Italian provinces. The major war was that with Austria. I can't even recall how it started, but I mobilized quite a few huge armies (having a lot of money on hand is great :wink: ) and ran them over. Up to this point, Austria had been my main rival -- really my only one in western/central Europe. So, I ultimately took almost all of Austria's provinces north of Hungary. Before settling with Austria, I conquered most of Saxony -- enough to keep one province and force its vassalization. With Saxony out, I finished off the Austrian armies in the area. I settled for a couple of provinces and Austria's releasing of Bohemia (which I soon vassalized).

Basically, this significantly marginalized Austria as a power in the region.

A little later, I decided to demand France's annexation, which was surprisingly accepted. I immediately gained what probably amounts to almost as many provinces as I already had. Right now, I'm just solidifying my hold over all of this land and waiting for my huge reputation to dissipate somewhat. I also annexed Hamburg around that time, gaining provinces in northern Germany and Denmark.

Seleucus I Nicator's Avatar Campidoctor

My Polish Empire at 1493.

I've primarily been in war with Lithuania so far. The first one lasted 4 years, and the second 12 years. Lithuania has been left in bad shape, as can be seen in the picture, with rebellions everywhere.

When my truce with them expires I will launch another offensive at them and try to gain some more lands. After that I will probably attack Brandenburg. They have some allies last time I checked, so it should be a bit hard winning against them.

austria look huge in your campaign...