Page 4 of 340 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Default Re: Post your Empire

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    Well, I really just sold the provinces to them for free

The only provinces they have cores on are karaman and adana...I meanwhile have cores on all of my provinces save for st helena...

When does this game end, anyhow? I'm in 1791 and expecting every year for the game to up and end.
    I'm pretty sure EU3 ends on January 1, 1793.
    Last edited by Saxon Huscarl; May 14, 2007 at 08:54 PM.

it should end by then
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Alright...no point in continuing anyway. I've gotten to green coat infantry (never westernized, oh well, I'm still one of the most advanced nations.), and never switched to administrative monarchy for the sake of bearing a large army...

The EUIII to revolutions converter is painfully (rather, humorously as the world east of greece does not convert at all, not to mention pops aren't converted) incomplete (only in alpha)...but when a better version is released I'll be sure to post that pic.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3...urg1507xs4.jpg

1507; This year brought mixed fortunes to the rising power of Mecklenburg. It had seemed like there were no limits to the growth the kingdom was experiencing; the bear of Saxony was utterly destroyed, Munster annexed in 2 short wars, the inheritance of Brandenburg's lands - Mecklenburg's lands and those of its vassals reached from the baltic to the mediteranian with only a short break in central europe by that of Austria.

However the expansion was abruptly reversed by the old southern power of Austria when tensions escalated with the small petty kingdom of Hesse; attempting to force their influence upon the small piece of land not yet under the control of Mecklenburg, the nation came into conflict with the powerful and advanced Austrian Empire through hesse's alliance. Massacres at the hands of the Austrians soon occured as their far more powerful armies swept into Mecklenburg's outlying provinces, coming to a head by the huge battle of Franken whereby over twenty thousand Mecklenburg troops were killed atthe hands of few than ten thousand Austrians.
    To avoid further bloodshed Mecklenburg ceded Konstanz (an iron-rich regio) and Brandenburg, the Kingdom's second capital.

This disaster however was quickly forgotten as war with Burgandy broke out yet again, Mecklenburg's armies quickly regrouped and fell upon the Netherlands, taking several provinces.

At the same time Hesse had fallen out of favour with the Austrians and this was quickly exploited by Mecklenburg, annexing the petty state which had caused so much trouble the previous year.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1...urg1515yx2.jpg

1515 is the year now, and since 1507 there have been numerous wars; the Palatinate x2, were annexed. Burgandy yet again in which Mecklenburg gained several more provinces. England/Portugal in which Mecklenburg gained Calais, Holland, a province in South America and in the carribean. A war with Poland and Lithuania was initiated by the eastern states, the war quickly ended however with poland paying tribute in the form of gold to the new power in central europe.

There was a second major conflict with Austria however. The Austrian Empire had looked upon Mecklenburg's extensive empire and riches with envy, as a result they attempted to lay claim to Mecklenburg's throne. This would not do and this time military technology had advanced sufficiently enough to repel Austria's initial attacks. Again the major armies of the two empires met in Franken but this time Mecklenburg avenged the earlier defeat by annihilating the Austrian forces (albeit at great cost). Soon afterwards Austria ceded Metz to Mecklenburg.
    Last edited by Carach; October 10, 2007 at 07:23 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

I posted all this stuff at ana, so here:

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist Peace,May 17 2007, 08:09 PM
    I was playing as France for a while. I started fairly early on and played until the early eighteenth century, but it got very irritating to play. I was constantly warring with England over North American colonies and I was facing revolt after revolt, even within France. So I just stopped playing that game.

Now I'm playing as Burgundy in Imago Dei.

So I was doing pretty well: I had: taken 2/4 of Brittany (France taking the other 2/4), taken 1/2 of Switzerland and vassalized the remaining half; and vassalized Lorraine. So, unexpectedly, Gelre declared war on me, bringing Mecklenburg and Saxony into the war on its side, with Lorraine and Switzerland on mine. I repelled their attacks and annexed Gelre. Then I moved on and invaded Mecklenburg, somehow not needing military access from all the German states over which I marched. I eventually took Mecklenburg and Lubeck and defeated the large army I was facing. I took Mecklenburg, leaving Lubeck, in the peace deal.

However, in the midst of the end of this part of the war, France suddenly declared war on me. It had a casus belli from a boundary dispute a couple of years earlier over Champagne. I had a total of about 3000 troops left at home. I settled the remaining part of the earlier war, with Saxony, agreeing to a White Peace. I then had to figure out how to get enough military access treaties to get my armies back home to save my country, which I eventually accomplished. I beat back France a bit, saving a few of my provinces and winning some battles, but I was still in a pretty bad situation. I managed to settle the war by renouncing my claims on a few French provinces, though.

It's probably about 1470 now. Burgundy's such a cool country duchy.

I've just settled my second war with France. But first, a bit of background:
    I gained a cassus belli on Milan probably about 15 years ago, and used it to attack the one-province state. I didn't bother to check its alliances, leading to my being unwittingly at war with Venice too. This complicated things slightly, but I conquered Lombardia (Milan) and two Venetian provinces, and held these in the peace agreement. I had to suppress a few revolts early on, but then things settled down.

During and, more, after the war in northern Italy, tensions with France began to escalate again. The French army seemed to be constantly growing. I mustered all the armies I could and built myself up on each border with France. Meanwhile, France became engaged with Aragon and Portugal. I knew that war would come eventually, so I took this chance to attack France.

I lost my two Breton provinces almost immediately, but knew I couldn't waste resources on trying to defend them. I lost Picardie very quickly, but gains were made as soon. I was making progress in Othe and my armies were generally faring well, and Lorraine took Champagne fairly quickly. Unfortunately, the war with Aragon and Portugal served as basically no distraction; the French concentrated all but maybe one or two regiments in the north and left Aragon to take a bunch of provinces in the south, along with Switzerland taking a couple of provinces in the southeast unchecked.

Despite a consistent disadvantage in numbers -- although because of how I organized my armies, this disadvantage was not present in most individual battles; it just meant that I had fewer armies to draw on in general -- I managed to drive my warscore up to 99%. A truce was in order, as my consistently nonexistent manpower pool could not replenish my armies in the slightest way. Although I would have liked more, I settled for Othe, Maine and Vermandois -- along with Bourbanois (or whatever) for Lorraine. Depending on the outcome of France's war with Aragon, I may or may not become more dominant than France in western Europe.

Burgundy FTW. :wink:

i went into the common files and adjusted the bad boy points (which was set to -0.1 ; aka the completely intolerable..) because i was just getting into war after war after war as early as 1500 on my mecklenburg campaign, and i like warring and all but it gets so damn repetitive having to fight everyone around u 24/7 - i had to do that for 90+ years in my castille campaign, i didnt want to have to do it again straight from the off for some 200 years.

u play with that faction recolour/revamp mod?

He's playing with imago dei, one of the conditions of losing the hundred years war was england having to let go Northumbria, Wales, and Cornwall...and wales is dominating. Also, the thing with gaelic cultures on Britain is that they'll be in the celtic group as long as they are controlled by Celtic nations...like Irish minors, Scotland, Wales, Brittany, etc. If they are conquered or held by england long enough, they'll be anglicised. Cymry will become Welsh, Kernowek will become Cornish, Ghalldachd will become Scottish Lowlander, Tyke will become Northumbrian, and so on and so forth. Likewise if celts conquer Cornish, Lowlander, Welsh, etc territories they'll become celtic. Celtic Nations also have the choice of becoming great britain, but at the expense of joining the british group and leaving the celtic group.

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist Peace View Post
    I posted all this stuff at ana, so here:

I've just settled my second war with France. But first, a bit of background:
    I gained a cassus belli on Milan probably about 15 years ago, and used it to attack the one-province state. I didn't bother to check its alliances, leading to my being unwittingly at war with Venice too. This complicated things slightly, but I conquered Lombardia (Milan) and two Venetian provinces, and held these in the peace agreement. I had to suppress a few revolts early on, but then things settled down.

During and, more, after the war in northern Italy, tensions with France began to escalate again. The French army seemed to be constantly growing. I mustered all the armies I could and built myself up on each border with France. Meanwhile, France became engaged with Aragon and Portugal. I knew that war would come eventually, so I took this chance to attack France.

I lost my two Breton provinces almost immediately, but knew I couldn't waste resources on trying to defend them. I lost Picardie very quickly, but gains were made as soon. I was making progress in Othe and my armies were generally faring well, and Lorraine took Champagne fairly quickly. Unfortunately, the war with Aragon and Portugal served as basically no distraction; the French concentrated all but maybe one or two regiments in the north and left Aragon to take a bunch of provinces in the south, along with Switzerland taking a couple of provinces in the southeast unchecked.

Despite a consistent disadvantage in numbers -- although because of how I organized my armies, this disadvantage was not present in most individual battles; it just meant that I had fewer armies to draw on in general -- I managed to drive my warscore up to 99%. A truce was in order, as my consistently nonexistent manpower pool could not replenish my armies in the slightest way. Although I would have liked more, I settled for Othe, Maine and Vermandois -- along with Bourbanois (or whatever) for Lorraine. Depending on the outcome of France's war with Aragon, I may or may not become more dominant than France in western Europe.

Burgundy FTW. :wink:
    wtf happened to england?

Quickly read my previous post. wales, cornwall, and northumbria were apparently released as a condition of losing the hundred years war.

Gaidhlig's Avatar Laetus

Sorry to disturb this thread, but can I ask what modification you are all using in this thread?
    This question might be obvious but I'm quite new to the Total war series.

Thank you.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidhlig View Post
    Sorry to disturb this thread, but can I ask what modification you are all using in this thread?
    This question might be obvious but I'm quite new to the Total war series.

Thank you.
    We're playing Europa Universalis III, rather than a Total War game. :wink:

(It's a vastly better game than TW.)

Not graphic wise

Author of the Battle of Kenross AAR

Gaidhlig's Avatar Laetus

Haha, thank you.

I was wondering why the map looked considerably different.
    I've just had a look at it and the game does look much superior to Med2 as far as the map and the running of the factions but I believe I would miss the battle part of the game.

If I ever get round to buying it though I'll be sure to post my empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidhlig View Post
    Haha, thank you.

I was wondering why the map looked considerably different.
    I've just had a look at it and the game does look much superior to Med2 as far as the map and the running of the factions but I believe I would miss the battle part of the game.

If I ever get round to buying it though I'll be sure to post my empire.
    its unfortunate that we have yet to find a game which is good in both aspects

The Austrian Empire:

Ive had 3 wars against the Ottomans, ive nearly kicked them out of Europe.
    Venice got annexed, Genoa got diploannexed. Allied with Poland since beginning of the game.

The Lithuanians are invading China!
    Netherlands somehow got free and are now dominating in northern Germany.
    Hamburg managed to conquer most of Denmark. Sweden got owned in the beginning but somehow managed to get revenge and conquer most of Norway and get it's southern provinces back. Burgundy got annexed, then got back in the game for a while and started owning... and will be annexed again soon.
    France conquered most of it's modern area, and the Papal state is unifying Italy. Mamluks are conquering Northern Africa.
    Got a war with Netherlands coming up, they have been getting too big lately.

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/4...urg1557gu4.jpg

Mecklenburg's Empire on the eve of the creation of Germany.

Since my last 'update' of sorts ive taken the 2 austrian provinces that were left within my own empire - i then made friends with austria.
    went to war 1 or 2 times with france, connected up a disjointed province i had gained (othe) with the rest of my empire and got rid of the thorn in the side that was friesland - i had wanted to take a lot of scandinavia from france as they were gaining far too much power there, but i settled for the small gains i made closer to home.
    Teutonic order was formed after some rebellion who allied with me, were attacked by lithuania/poland so i gained some more provinces from them (before again, making friends).
    Defended my 1 province ally of Ragusa in the balkans against Venice expansion, got ragusa a province and myself 2 I then declared war on crimea and gained another just to connect the lot up
    Blitzreiged the ottomans and gained a couple of provinces from them too, will continue on them soon; to connect my province in albania area with the rest of the empire ill take another crimean province and then some more balkan provinces (serbia and so forth)
    Killed mainz off.

I tried playing this entire campaign with no colonial possessions but some early wars with portugal, tuscany and england got me most of the carribean.

basically what i want to do now (my aims arent as simple as conquering the world i like balances of power and all that rather than killing everyone lol) is take out burgandy or at least block france's military access links from eastern europe by going thru burgandy's posessions and also savoy to hit the med. sea. I also want to take all of greece, possibly heading into asia but i will stick strictly to the med. sea rather than going inland - i want to be a euopean power only.
    I also want to take scotland's posessions in norway/sweden so england can finish them off and form britain
    Last edited by Carach; May 20, 2007 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    Quickly read my previous post. wales, cornwall, and northumbria were apparently released as a condition of losing the hundred years war.
    oh, that is hilarious. They must of REALLY lost the war then. Usually when I make them do they just gobble them back up, they dont become that powerful as they are for you.

Not graphic wise
    in games I will always choose gameplay over graphics. EU2 (wtf agceep) was a great game over total war in itsself and it has horrible graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Estlander View Post
    The Lithuanians are invading China!
    could u grab a screenshot of this (or 2, as they seem quite big to be invading china)

u must not be the most powerful in the game then?

It could be that china is in western asia or even europe and they are simply invaing that, lol. I've seen them get that far many times.

Mm yeah, turns out it wasnt the core China. They are battling it out in Kazakhstan or so. And Lithuanians seem to be getting owned a bit now. But they have expanded a bit to Germany.
    Meeh ill take a picture later.