Page 337 of 340 FirstFirst ... 237287312327328329330331332333334335336337338339340 LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,740 of 6785

Thread: Post your Empire

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Post your Empire

About two hundred years into my current Sima Jin campaign. It's been fun so far. Spent a lot of time pacifying the Xianbei and other tribes to the north. Korea was pretty much a blitz, but I did get entangled in the Japanese wars of unification. Ended up backing Kyushu, which was the only state left facing Yamato after they had subdued the Emishi. Managed to edge the first war after a crushing naval battle, but I was pretty powerless to stop the second, which ended in the formation of Japan proper. After that I began looking more towards my southern campaigns, which is where I'm at now. Funan managed to unify much of Indochina, which is a bit annoying, especially seeing as they keep blunting my advances with coalitions. It wouldn't be too much of a huge deal if I didn't have the western front against the Mughals to deal with. Unfortunately the Mughals managed to carve up much of Chuban and the other nations north of Tibet whilst I was quelling a national rebellion, so they've gained a lot of ground against me. War is pretty much inevitable; I'm just hoping to first conquer the south piecemeal so I don't have to fight on two fronts.

Elsewhere the Roman empire succumbed quite dramatically to barbarian invasions about a hundred years ago. Some pockets of resistance remain in Britain, Cyprus and other islands, but they're no longer a major player. The Ostrogoths carved out much of the east, whilst newly formed Netherlands and Francia are fighting for the west. It'll be interesting to see how that develops

Vioras's Avatar Civis

This is my Kiev-Rus campaign with the VEF mod.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

What mod is that, f0ma?

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Extended timeline I think
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Yup, extended timeline. Not 100% accurate, but they did a really good job all the same.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Edit: Nevermind, I've confused everything
    Last edited by ccllnply; July 26, 2014 at 02:06 PM.

cupoftea's Avatar Vicarius

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My Golden Horde campaign, it was a rough start, relying mostly on the ottomans (in the beginning atleast) to keep my alive. I don't think I'm going to get that one achievement to conquer all of persia, russia and china, but it has been a blast so far (: Also a big F-you to Portugal for ruining my borders.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Sweden campaign for current game version.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

cupoftea's Avatar Vicarius

Nice empire.

Quote Originally Posted by cupoftea View Post
    Nice empire.
    Poland is my best ally and irony now I am planning to cock-block her expansion in east.

Current plan:

- Cock-block Poland in east and force her expansion into west - inevitably needs to fight France and hopefully a few Franco-Polish War would destroy those two internally.

- Continue pushing into steppe on the expense of Russian and Muslim.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

The Eternal Crusade rage on!!!

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Is EU4 worth getting, have they patched it up and released any expansion packs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Is EU4 worth getting, have they patched it up and released any expansion packs?
    At this stage you probably just want to wait until the complete pack comes out.

New update of Eternal Crusade.

The creation of Earthly Kingdom of God is indeed a difficult task, but for the happiness of humanity it has to be continued!!
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; August 10, 2014 at 12:57 PM.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Catholic Crusader Achaemenid Empire for the winz. Good job.
    How did you handle the religious revolts though?

I think it will be a while until they can release a fully patched and complete pack of the game, Ferdiad. EU3 took years for this.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Aw well. I can't play EU3 anymore tbh, the UI is getting too small for my eyes and it doesn't like me alt tabbing.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

At the moment, the game is as good as complete though. Very few bugs (thanks to a stable and careful release), fully polished and working, a lot of new features and everything from EU3 included (except for government sliders and national idea changing) among other things.

They announced a large, new expansion a few days ago which will include ability to remove idea groups, so that leaves only the sliders to go.
    Last edited by General Maximus; August 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    How did you handle the religious revolts though?
    Convert the province, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    and everything from EU3 included
    Including the insane long eu3 load times which were missing in the original launch...

So just finished my Vicky2 PDM campaign. Did a final blitz war 34-35 on germany/spain/netherlands where i managed to dismantle the german empire without invading them, my war score was all on destroying their alliance fleets and capturing whole of spain, as well as all of the colonies from the 3 countries. Got the remaining dutch colonies in indonesia as well.

GREAT campaign, without that last war would have not manage to become first, since i got 3700 prestige from the dismantle nation war goal on Germany. Still, had by far the biggest fleet, had the most experienced army, did not lose 1 war, had the most factoies (though 4th in industrial score), had all social and political reforms but minimum wage. Had a complete monopoly on radio, telephone, tanks, airplanes, automobiles, early small arms, late small arms, artilleries, canned food, eletric gear.... etc etc

1st Great War was Brazil, UK vs France, Spain, Austro-Hungarian Empire, Belgium, Netherlands. (Germany at the end when France was pratically defeated joined my side. Complete victory for the UK and Brazil, i got the dutch and french guyanas and the French empire was disbanded in favor of the Anglo-brazilian alliance.

Second Great War was supposed to be the war to end all wars. Brazil, UK, Germany, Occitania (and later the Austro-Hungarian Empire), against France, Russia, Scandinavia, Ottoman Empire, Italy, Belgium. After it a cold war between Brazil and Germany started, which eventually turned into a war in 1930, with brazilian tactical victory but diplomatically a stalemate (was Brazil vs Italy, Occitania, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, got my war goals in the minors but none in germany), and another war in 1934-35, with complete brazilian victory (dismantled German empire).

Only major i did not went to war with was the UK, was side by side with them in both great wars, and they assisted me against the dutch and the french at the start of the game when i took their guyanas.

Screenies from the end game. (with Egypt, Crimea, Finland, United balcans, Morocco, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Hedjaz, Iraq and Ghana as sphere)

And some earlier screenies

USA/Chile vs Brazil war, result: Chile, last remaining south american country, annexed by the empire of Brazil.

2nd Great War :Brazil, UK, Germany, Occitania (and later the Austro-Hungarian Empire), against France, Russia, Scandinavia, Ottoman Empire, Italy, Belgium.

At the start of the war Germany was almost defeated, the Russian and french army were close to Berlin but a timing British and Brazilian invasion of France turned the tide. Brazil destroyed Italy and the Ottoman Empire pratically on its own, while having half of the allied forces against France as well, and even sending reinforcements to fight Russia in the caucasus.

After the war Russia, Italy and France stopped being a great power. But since Germany was the faction leader (the 2nd great war started between Germany and Russia) it won a ridiculous ammount of prestige, bringing Brazil to third place (i was runner up in the rank for years). Well, still had17 years to pass Germany, which i eventually did, and the UK as well.

Last edited by Wulfburk; August 20, 2014 at 07:52 PM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR