Page 335 of 340 FirstFirst ... 235285310325326327328329330331332333334335336337338339340 LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 6785

Thread: Post your Empire

Default Re: Post your Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Weapons Guy View Post
    The Commonwealth in 1821:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Arabia was formed by Haasa, Maghreb Union by Algiers, Uzbeks inherited Timurids and reduced Baluchistan to 1 region and took almost all modern Pakistan, but got defeated by Muslim Perm, which had declared independence from Muscovy and later ate it. Qirat Horde is also Muslim.

I started as Poland and joined HRE ASAP, but only in 1800 I became the emperor. I also wanted to make a colonial Empire, but failed at that task, except for getting 2 (pretty worthless) regions in India.
    Mod or is Maghreb Union nad Arabia just in the game now?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Weapons Guy View Post
    Ayutthaya -> Siam

Using expanded vanilla experience mod.
    This a mod country or vanilla?

The thing with me is converting to Islam it just breaks all immersion to me. You have non-islamic rulernames and leaders. I usually stay with my intended religion group because of that. I don't want to play as chrstians name muhammad and muslims name Chandrakrishna, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    That's a great conversion for huge empires. I tried this once in my Ayutthaya game, it gives powerful casus-belli against everyone around (except Bengal and that Indonesian faction, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kybrothilian View Post
    Vijaynagar -> Hindustan in 1524. Using Expanded vanilla experience mod. Nagpur, Kathiawar and Marwar are my vassals.

Here as well. Hindustan for some reason has islamic rulernames in it's file. Sure I can remove them by modding the game but I shouldn't have to.

Because of all of this I play EU far more linear than I would play CK2 which is why I like CK2 more. It's just a more dynamic game. If I wanted to I can play as turkic tengri persian empire and all the rulernames and the gameplay would play like that. In EU4 too much is only directed by nation files. If I were to release a christian syria they would be no different than an islamic country. If I were to release a Jerusalem they would convert culture to arabic they would not be any different than if they were frankish. It's dumb and I hate that . I tried to petition them to change this in the early beta days but they would not listen. About 90% of my posts on the CK2 and EU4 beta forums were about correct naming, religious names, etc.

Like I wanted them to have christian names in every culture file and muslim names as well and fix the underscore names so they are uniform across all so Abubakr in one file is Abu Bakr in another etc. They did it for Egypt and that's it. Even did research and posted the names in different languages so they could use them, lol, so it's not like i was saying "do this" and not providing anything either. That is CK2. In EU4 there is obviously no convention for this even at it's most basic level.
    Last edited by Kanaric; January 02, 2014 at 10:54 PM.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

In EU, nations can convert in religion but the names are fixed to the national files.

In my case, it kinda broke the game for me when I created Hindustan as Marwar, with the borders completely resembling almost exactly the old classical and glorious Gupta Empire (which is not represented in the game, obviously), having eliminated Islam from India and spreading Hinduism everywhere, only to have my ruler succeed by some Ahmed guy and then having him succeed by another Muslim dude (who is technically a Hindu).

The game should contain two unification decisions in India, one for Hindus (who get old-style names after that) and one for Sultanates. The name 'Hindustan' itself is a Persian reference term of India. The real name is 'Bharat'.

Though I must say, Muslim powers in India are very enjoyable. You have everyone around that you can conquer. Casus bellis everywhere, while having good connections with the rest of Islamic world which can sometimes send armies from even as far as Tripolitana.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post

It's 1640. I don't even...

Aztecs are still alive?

Indefinitely Banned

Hindustan is actually Muslim nation, not Hinduist. But in EUIV they got it all wrong, while in EUIII it was correct.
    Hindustan isn't about religion, but the region.

And yes, all these 3 nations are from a mod, Expanded Vanilla Experience mod.

Notice the Spanish-Portuguese colony swap in southern Americas.

Have Norway emigrated to North America?
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Byzzies survived and Mughals are huge? The Ottomans are dead?

Do you have Lucky nations on historical?

Depends on who you are, really.

EDIT: Was on last page.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah, still don't even know man. Lucky nations historical. Ottomans were brought back to life, and lucky PU over Byzzies and then another one over Poland while they were invading me

France had to be resuscitated to open a second front on Austria, and they're actually very close to forming the HRE. That new world especially is mind boggling. Aztecs held on until 1730 without so much as a wayward look from the colonizers.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Crazy Mughals and Dutch man.

Mughal Universalis, for sure.

Oh wait, did they really managed to westernize?! And lol at that Ming, reduced to coastal fishing villages in northern China.

Oh, forgot to mention that Mughals is the other player. It's really two separate single player games though, as we haven't worked together and none of our enemies were ever concerned with the other player. Really after I got to Siberia it became a game of breaking Austria. After I integrated all my vassals (there were six of them at one point if you include my PUs) it wasn't much contest between the two of us. While I still had the vassals they would oh so helpfully join my battles because they felt like my discipline wasn't low enough and my general wasn't enough. I'm looking at you, Poland. What I think happened is that the Poles were resentful at being forced back into PU with me at gunpoint after a particularly inbred Rurikovich ascended to the throne of our wondrous and kind of not so good nations, respectively. So they schemed. What to do? Well, aside from the above they decided to enlist in the Russian army, show up drunk to drills, and eat all the god damned food in every town they marched through. What they didn't eat they defiled in ways only Poles know how. Many a good Cossack died in the mountains of Austria to those damned Poles. Seriously, they would show up with their army after my talks-to-Jesus-brilliant leader would be laying the smackdown on some Austrians due to superior generalship, discipline, and morale only to have the Poles immediately bring every stat down to levels below the Austrians with their "support". The worst offender being their chromosome commander (he has downs, okay?) they had leading their armies. Why can their general take command over mine when my troops comprise 95% of the battle line? The world may never know.
    /rant

The Ottomans I didn't have to kill. They sort of just died on their own. After they were losing ground to the Byzantines I sort of just helped the process along. Then the Mamelukes decided to swoop in and that took some time to correct because they're huge fans of coalitions. Bosnia conquered the other Balkan states and they accepted diplovassalization. After the two lucky PUs that sort of just spelled gg for Europe. I have something like 650k mp, 560 forcelimits, and i think 360 income per month.

OH RANTS NOT OVER WHY THE DIDN'T SPAIN COLONIZE ANYTHING?! NETHERLANDS DIDN'T FORM UNTIL 1650 AT LEAST BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN THE EVENT STARTS GET YOUR TOGETHER AI SPAIN WHY DID NETHERLANDS CONQUER THE AZTECS AND MOST OF THE CARIBBEAN AND ALL OF MEXICO AND HALF THE US?! Britain you suck too. God this Europe is disgusting.
    Last edited by Border Patrol; January 10, 2014 at 01:51 PM.

Colonize some island in Caribbean, and gift it to some other European faction. Within 30 years they end up owning everything around Caribbean.

Yeah let me just hop onto my Russian boats OH WAIT

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    Oh, forgot to mention that Mughals is the other player. It's really two separate single player games though, as we haven't worked together and none of our enemies were ever concerned with the other player. Really after I got to Siberia it became a game of breaking Austria. After I integrated all my vassals (there were six of them at one point if you include my PUs) it wasn't much contest between the two of us. While I still had the vassals they would oh so helpfully join my battles because they felt like my discipline wasn't low enough and my general wasn't enough. I'm looking at you, Poland. What I think happened is that the Poles were resentful at being forced back into PU with me at gunpoint after a particularly inbred Rurikovich ascended to the throne of our wondrous and kind of not so good nations, respectively. So they schemed. What to do? Well, aside from the above they decided to enlist in the Russian army, show up drunk to drills, and eat all the god damned food in every town they marched through. What they didn't eat they defiled in ways only Poles know how. Many a good Cossack died in the mountains of Austria to those damned Poles. Seriously, they would show up with their army after my talks-to-Jesus-brilliant leader would be laying the smackdown on some Austrians due to superior generalship, discipline, and morale only to have the Poles immediately bring every stat down to levels below the Austrians with their "support". The worst offender being their chromosome commander (he has downs, okay?) they had leading their armies. Why can their general take command over mine when my troops comprise 95% of the battle line? The world may never know.
    /rant

The Ottomans I didn't have to kill. They sort of just died on their own. After they were losing ground to the Byzantines I sort of just helped the process along. Then the Mamelukes decided to swoop in and that took some time to correct because they're huge fans of coalitions. Bosnia conquered the other Balkan states and they accepted diplovassalization. After the two lucky PUs that sort of just spelled gg for Europe. I have something like 650k mp, 560 forcelimits, and i think 360 income per month.

OH RANTS NOT OVER WHY THE DIDN'T SPAIN COLONIZE ANYTHING?! NETHERLANDS DIDN'T FORM UNTIL 1650 AT LEAST BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN THE EVENT STARTS GET YOUR TOGETHER AI SPAIN WHY DID NETHERLANDS CONQUER THE AZTECS AND MOST OF THE CARIBBEAN AND ALL OF MEXICO AND HALF THE US?! Britain you suck too. God this Europe is disgusting.

I apperove of this Netherlands

Oh damn, I just realized that African minor state is somehow still alive despite bordering Spain, Portugal and probably some other European power too.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

My current game. Started as the Duke of Slavonia in the Old Gods start date and became King of Croatia with the first character and it's stayed in the dynasty ever since. Been hoping to play this as a mega-campaign so haven't really expanded. I've just been trying to maintain a strong kingdom along the coast of the Adriatic.

It's been mostly fun but I've had Gavelkind succession the whole way through and then like 3 characters ago, my lunatic character died from stress in his twenties and his 10 year old son took over. Of course an older member of the dynasty started a faction to introduce Senority succession, even though he didn't benefit at all. Then my character died in battle at his early twenties and I've basically just been sitting here since.

That was three characters ago. Ever since it's been men in their sixties, who aren't married and they barely last 5 years on the throne so I don't have the time to do anything except kill the factions that pop up immediately when I take the throne. It's been getting pretty boring because of that and the fact that Europe is a complete mess. France has been in civil war for the last 300 years, like usual with ToG. England has German and Spanish Kingdoms taking over territories so the Anglo-Saxons can't actually gain control. Spain is dominated by Muslims and the Popes refuse to call crusades. They just sit there and keep asking to marry my courtiers. I'm beginning to wonder if this save is bugged.

Maybe I'll switch characters and try to bring some stability to England, Germany or France but hopefully it picks up soon so I don't have to.
    Last edited by ccllnply; February 02, 2014 at 03:12 PM.

You could conquer Hungary, and then Wallachia, and isolate Greece from all land connections by building an empire from Adriatic to the Black Sea.

The Caliphate seems to be doing well compared to what it usually does in my game - sit there in Mesopotamia and wait until beaten by vassal revolts, when some Persian lord will overrun them.

Romans in Sicily as well. Did you help them out in southern Italy, or did they conquer that big chunk there by themselves?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You could conquer Hungary, and then Wallachia, and isolate Greece from all land connections by building an empire from Adriatic to the Black Sea.

The Caliphate seems to be doing well compared to what it usually does in my game - sit there in Mesopotamia and wait until beaten by vassal revolts, when some Persian lord will overrun them.

Romans in Sicily as well. Did you help them out in southern Italy, or did they conquer that big chunk there by themselves?
    Romans usually have control of Sicily in 867, since they start off with some holdings there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    Romans usually have control of Sicily in 867, since they start off with some holdings there.
    Aye, indeed they do. But most of the time in my games, they lose it. Usually to Amalfi, because no one else has the army to compete with them.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I did conquer Bulgaria and Wallchia and the half of Hungary that I still have near the start. I lost it with Gavelkind succession though. I don't want to expand too much like I said. There's three provinces to my south (one Roman and two Bulgarian) that I'd like to take and then I'd be happy to go turtle mode and keep the dynasty going until Victoria II.

That said, that was my plan from the start when I thought I could do that and have an effect in Europe but it's sort of hard when all of Western Europe is a mess and fighting with each other and the Pope just sits there doing nothing. Seriously, I think they're the messiest borders I've ever had.

No they did that themselves. But like I said, it came about because Europe is a mess. Venice has conquered more in Italy then I've ever seen them do.