Blog Entries

Default Re: Post your Empire

Two.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Sir Furlong's Avatar Ordinarius

Here is the best germany I have managed to do so far.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    C.S. Lewis

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Nice. How did you cope with nationalists? All with suppression by military power?
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Dat Romania lol.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

France looks even smaller than that medieval France from CK2.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I bought CKII during a 75% off sale. I got the Collection for $20

I'm loving the game, but there's still some areas where I've got issues, but I intend to get a full understanding soon.

I chose the first 1066 start date, and I chose the Jimena dynasty as the King of Leon. Of course, my Castillian brother tried to screw me over by trying to take my lands, so I de jure'd him and took both kingdoms. Then, I was trying to plot an assassination of the Galician brother who began trying to dejure me as my vassilized brother plotted my death. I did manage to conquer several Islamic areas in the East of Spain through Holy Wars with help from my Navarrese and Aragonese cousins. Things were looking up, with my King acquiring a high martial skill and the duchy or Aragon. Problem was, I died in battle in 1074 and my brother, who I defeated to take Castille was my heir, so it split between my daughter and I had to play as my brother, Sancho. I assassinated my former character's daughter to reacquire Leon, but now I have a new issue. My heir to Leon is my cousin, King of Navarre, and not my character's children. If I die, my realm will split again, and I won't be able to claim the de jure Kingdom of Aragon, as my lands will split (Barcelona got conquered by Muslims). I'm trying to plot an assassination of the Navarese king, but then my Galician brother will also be heir. I'm trying to up my crown authority so I can change the succession laws, but I'm having trouble doing so. It's a very interesting game.

I'll post pics when I get home next week.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Furlong View Post
    Here is the best germany I have managed to do so far.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What's up with the independent Latvia?

EU3 portion of my Brunswick megacampaign is finished now.

Spoiler for The Old World

Spoiler for The New World

Spoiler for World map

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

France has been busy.

All I can say now that I have CKII is "wow". What a campaign I'm having with a created dynasty. I started as the count of Barcelona, worked my way up to Duke and eventually King of Aragon with my first character, then conquered Portugal through Holy Wars with my second. Using intricate politics I managed to take Castille and Leon and eventually Galicia as well. Then in about 100 years, I finally created Hispania with my fourth character.. It was awesome! I also got a family member (my first character's 3rd son) on the throne of Croatia through a matrillinear marriage and assassinations (but eventually conquered by the Byzantines), another family member on the Desmond throne in Ireland, and yet another on the throne of France (his wife was a Capet), but then lost it in a year before there could be any inheritance. I also have a family member who will soon be heir to the French-Danish-Norwegian-Jerusalem throne, when the current king dies.

Now the bad part. My kings had soooo many vassals and family members, and then the HRE, who'd been my allies since the very beginning when I married the starting Kaiser's sister, declared war. Somehow my french allies were completely worthless, and I got destroyed, giving up Castille to another family member, who is on track to lose my titles because she's stupid and didn't get a matrillinear marriage. Then my emperor (who was my second emperor, son to the original King of Leon, Castille, Galicia, Aragon and Emperor of Hispania) had each of his siblings rebel in unison for all 3 kingdoms. When I surrendered to my brother, my son became the new Emperor (my only son, in addition to 10 daughters in a 15 year span)

Now I'm getting completely destroyed and the Empire looks like it's gonna collapse. FML. The Croat branch of my dynasty got ROFL-stomped by Byzantium, all my family members revolted (probably because I was a kid on taking the throne, and my first emperor had been really powerful with high crown authority laws, but got sick and died young), the HRE decided to betray me despite (or becuase) of our multiple marriages, and I've lost almost everything. I think I'm gonna keep playing, and I'll see if I can keep the Hispanic throne, while also succeeding my attempt to secure France for my dynasty. Wish me luck!

EDIT- BTW, how do I get the whole map screenshots? If I knew how I would've taken one every few years and posted it.
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; June 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze470 View Post

Spoiler for World map
    Wow those borders look really good are you using any mods besides the converter?
    The game.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze470 View Post

Spoiler for World map
    Wow, that looks frickin' unreal! And yeah, the borders are amazing. The only odd thing I can see is Tyrone in the New World. Usually in my games at the end, England owns half of Russia and Spain has three or four random provinces in Turkey to name a few

Well, here's an old pic from that campaign I was talking about. My uncle took the Throne of Hispania and now i'm just King of Aragon and Galicia. Fortunately, my mother died (last Capet left, after their kingdom split into Jerusalem, Denmark, and France) and gave me the Kingdom of Denmark. Unfortunately, I've got one half brother she had left, but he's dead soon. My aquisition of Denmark isn't on the map, as it was the year after the pic, but now it's about 1200, and my dynasty is also Despot and former Kings of Croatia, Count of Munster (I think, southern corner of Ireland), Duke of Smolensk and some other Russia duchy (forgot where, it's relatively new) and owns all the kingdoms of Spain. My brother is betrothed to marry the only heir to Norway when he comes of age in a year, and there's no way the Queen is having more kids. Hopefully, that isn't destroyed by untimely assassinations of betrothal I've orchestrated, as that seems to happen a lot, screwing me over a ton.

Not sure if the attachment worked, as they changed the way those work on TWC.
    EDIT- got it working, had to convert to .jpg.

What do I do now?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ck2_map_3.jpg  
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; June 28, 2013 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_president View Post
    Wow those borders look really good are you using any mods besides the converter?
    No, only the converter. Although I meant to use EU3+ as well, but I couldn't get it to work with the converter mod.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Wow, that looks frickin' unreal! And yeah, the borders are amazing. The only odd thing I can see is Tyrone in the New World. Usually in my games at the end, England owns half of Russia and Spain has three or four random provinces in Turkey to name a few
    I edited some things along the way. Trust me, the borders early on were totally bizzaro in some places (English outposts in Sweden, in Balkans, in Italy..). The colonies were the worst. I did what I could to make things plausible by changing hands for a few of them depending on the proximity they were with other colonial powers.

Before converting over to Victoria 2, I did some more hand converting so that the rest of the colonial countries are existing; Colombia, Peru, USCA & Mexico. I did this mainly for balancing reasons, though, because I felt France and Italy(Tyrone) would be severely overpowered when I got around to playing Victoria II. Just pretend there was a huge colonial war between EU3-VIC2 or something.

I also gave USA cores on the rest of Colonial America a la Manifest Destiny, and it seemed fitting because the US president changed into a dictatorship after they won their revolution, I also did this to encourage them to fight endgame and Victoria II. But in the end, since they really didn't fight, I decided to cede every French-US core to the Americans. Speaking of, When I looked over the Texas region, I was stumped on how to deal with it since leaving it as French territory would look weird. I couldn't make it Texas since I felt that would be TOO historic. In the end, I decided it'd be best giving the region to Mexico and slap in US cores on it, so it would encourage the USA to fight wars later in Victoria II.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Nice. How did you cope with nationalists? All with suppression by military power?

Yeah, I had a lot of revolts, and a lot of communist ones too, but I managed to beat them back each time. Also, as strange as it sounds, a lot of them taking place while I was at war was actually a good thing, because my allies came to help me with the rebels as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    Dat Romania lol.
    Edit: realised you Romania and not Hungary... I think Romania started out as wallachia and it managed to get it's full independence and then slowly conquered those around them.

Yeah there was an early crisis over Hungary being Independent, so I took it and ran with it. It lead to a fairly large war with myself and the UK, (maybe others?) vs France and Austria I think. This really crippled Austria and removed them as a threat from the game, and it gave me a strong eastern ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    What's up with the independent Latvia?
    They managed to succeed in a rebellion, this was while Russia had several revolutions within a few years. I think this was just after one of our Great Wars, so they were left weakened.

I also had the most epic Great War I've been in with this campaign as well. It was caused by a crisis over Bulgaria actually gaining the "Bulgaria" state from Romania, and eventually led to war with Myself (Germany), Italy (the other great power), Sweden, Hungary, Romania, the Ottoman Empire, the Netherlands and Persia vs The United Kingdom, France, Russia, Spain and Bulgaria. At first it was fairly static, though the Ottomans and the Persians were making good progress against the Russians in the Caucasians, while Hungary, Romania and Sweden held back most of the Russian forces. meanwhile on the Western front Italy, the Netherlands and I struggled to hold back the combined strength of the UK, France and Spain. The Netherlands and I initially made good progress against the Royal Navy, but eventually their numbers forced us to hide in our ports in the channel. Then the Uk started to pour all of their troops from India into Persia and into the rest of the Middle East, as well as landing troops in the Balkans, forcing me to divert even more troops from the Western Front to aide by allies in the East. Luckily this was a crisis war or otherwise half of the nations on my side would have surrendered by now.

By this point I was eventually beginning to out flank and surround the British and French in Northern France, but the war in the east was going badly, and Istanbul had almost fallen by this point, but I managed to get an alliance with the Chinese, and they joined the war, pouring millions of soldiers into India and Russia, eventually linking up with the Swedes, Hungarians and Romanians (The Ottomans and Persians didn't have much of an Army by this point) and Italy and I were pushing our way through France and into Spain. It was a glorious sight to watch the Chinese capture Moscow. They always say Russia can only be conquered from the East.
    Last edited by Sir Furlong; June 28, 2013 at 09:44 PM.
    C.S. Lewis

Wow. Epic story.

+Rep.

I've only gotten CKII recently, but I've heard about these mega-campaiigns. I heard Victoria II and EU3 were more difficult than Crusader Kings, but I'm interested in doing on of these campaigns if I get the other games. How does it work? Is the Converter the tool I need to continue with a game? It sounds really fun, as I'm completely addicted to my current game of CKII right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Wow. Epic story.

+Rep.

I've only gotten CKII recently, but I've heard about these mega-campaiigns. I heard Victoria II and EU3 were more difficult than Crusader Kings, but I'm interested in doing on of these campaigns if I get the other games. How does it work? Is the Converter the tool I need to continue with a game? It sounds really fun, as I'm completely addicted to my current game of CKII right now.
    Thanks, I've never used a converter before, as I find that starting fresh with a new game is usually a nice restart, but I think you can find the converter on the ParadoPlaza forums.
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Wow. Epic story.

+Rep.

The converter isn't really all that good, as there are (usually) far too many CK2 independent titles than EU3 TAGs. As for conversion itself, it's pretty basic stuff afaik.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...verter-Project

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

@Sir Furlong

Nice Germany and nice great war.I think you should have absorbed Austria and Switzerland, you know what they say Ein Volk, Ein Reich .

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    @Sir Furlong

Nice Germany and nice great war.I think you should have absorbed Austria and Switzerland, you know what they say Ein Volk, Ein Reich .
    If only I could have dismantled Austria before I formed germany, then some real fun could have been had! And I fought a few wars against Switzerland, all resulting in a shameful amount of casualties on my side.
    C.S. Lewis