Thread: Post your Empire

Default Re: Post your Empire

After years of death and utter destruction, the four hundred and ninety-eight year old feud between the Billung dynasty of Brunswick and the kaisers of the Holy Roman Empire formerly comes to an end. King Andreas I, on the eleventh of August fifteen sixty-four Anno Domini, has done what no other Billung before him dreamed of doing, abolishing the Holy Roman Empire once and for all.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

How did the muslims get so far into Germany?

Remove kebab!

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke Greens View Post
    How did the muslims get so far into Germany?

Remove kebab!
    Not kebab.

There's only so much TAGs and even more countries by the end of CK2, you often end up with obscure countries replacing others when you convert.

I can't even survive as Ryukyu, this could take some time.
    Lols. Don't mess with Ming and I think you generally should be fine. My guess is your best bet would be Indonesia for initial conquests (after years of waiting till your capital is no longer a colony - it starts at 400 pop or something right?). Show screens of failed campaigns too

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Japanese Empire with it`s 3 vassals : Australia , Junchen (sp?) and the Mongol Khanate.

D&T 9.2 with minor changes.I slowly conquered Japan then I westernised amd it was the only time I played gamey - giving provinces to an European nation and reloading.I didn`t use PUs at all, I did it the old fashion way - blood and steel.

P.S. How do you guys post those world screenshots? There are like 34.7 mb and those files are bmp and too big to convert to Jpeg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EU3_1.jpg  
    Last edited by ShockBlast; June 01, 2013 at 01:04 PM.

I load it in paint and save as jpg, then upload to my dropbox or something.

Alternatively use Imgur, it automatically changes it to jpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze470 View Post
    I load it in paint and save as jpg, then upload to my dropbox or something.

Alternatively use Imgur, it automatically changes it to jpg.
    For some reason it didn`t work when I first tried it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EU3_MAP_JAP_1850.1.1_2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	280237
    Last edited by ShockBlast; June 01, 2013 at 02:33 PM.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89 View Post
    Lols. Don't mess with Ming and I think you generally should be fine. My guess is your best bet would be Indonesia for initial conquests (after years of waiting till your capital is no longer a colony - it starts at 400 pop or something right?). Show screens of failed campaigns too
    Japan just comes after you and annexes you. Not sure how to prevent it.

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

DAT Portugal -> Iberia. 1514.

Started off as Portugal, gathered up Aragon and England as allies. First war against Castile went very well. Aragon peaced out for a few provinces and broke Granada's vassalship, so I annexed Granada, then took Galicia and Andalucia and forced them to release Leon, then I vassalized Leon, then Castile, then I took over Aragon in a few wars.

I went a-colonizing as soon as possible, and grabbed all of the Atlantic islands. I should have a monopoly on colonization for about 50 more years, so I am grabbing as much as I can in the meantime.

Also France is terrifying, I am going to start gathering up a pan-european coalition to stop them.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

WoW, good progress Axeman, it`s only 1514 and you have a very solid base.

I would recommend vassalising Sicily and Naples at least.Since you will have a big number of undeveloped provinces due to colonising, those vassals will help with income and tech research since their provinces don`t count towards your total number of provinces.

Japan just comes after you and annexes you. Not sure how to prevent it.
    You can't, once they get their mission to annex you it officially becomes a death sentence.

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    WoW, good progress Axeman, it`s only 1514 and you have a very solid base.

I would recommend vassalising Sicily and Naples at least.Since you will have a big number of undeveloped provinces due to colonising, those vassals will help with income and tech research since their provinces don`t count towards your total number of provinces.
    Well I started on the earliest date possible, 1356, so most of those provinces are cored.

Computer crashed in the middle of a war with England, luckily I am only 2 months off the autosave. I will post the new map soon.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

P.S. How do you guys post those world screenshots? There are like 34.7 mb and those files are bmp and too big to convert to Jpeg.
    Download Irfanview, then convert the BMP files to PNG. Bitmap is a completely uncompressed format so it's huge. PNG and JPG are both compressed formats but the former is completely lossless and pretty small anyway.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Has anyone noticed that forming Germany as Prussia in Vicky2 is impossible now? The developers unnecessarily removed the unification casus belli for France and Denmark (and any other nation that owns German cores) and the brothers' war casus belli for Austria. I hope this gets fixed soon. It is very annoying.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

I forgot to update what was happening in my game, it's not actually related to my country but more of what was happening in the east.

Near the end of the 16th century, just twenty years after the end of the War of the League of Vienna, another great empire was on the decline. The powerful Roman Empire, through years of Middle Eastern conquests, went into a state of decline as it found the armies dead, the economy in shambles as a result of rising inflation, and an entire generation of reserve manpower exterminated. It's Northernmost neighbour, the self-proclaimed grand prince of Moskva, took advantage of the destabilized realm and invaded in order to spread his sphere of influence.

Four years of catastrophic campaigning in the Balkans would result in the Roman emperor begging for peace on humiliating terms. In the years following, he died without a legitimate heir which paved way for an foreign Dutchmen to sit on the Imperial throne. His reign would not last, as his native nation would be pulled into war with his European neighbors including the King of Brunswick. Muscovy took advantage of the absence of the emperor and invaded once more, going as far as to plant the Muscovian flag in Constantinopolis. To many, it seemed, the days of the Roman Empire was finally at an end.

It seems that Romans are still powerful enough to take on their European neighbours. All they need to do now is to attack that nomad Qara Koyunlu and retake the Danube. And also get those parts of Anatolia. They are a wall of doom once they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    It seems that Romans are still powerful enough to take on their European neighbours. All they need to do now is to attack that nomad Qara Koyunlu and retake the Danube. And also get those parts of Anatolia. They are a wall of doom once they do that.
    It's like 1640 right now and I can safely assure you the Romans are beyond the point of no return.

Hai, once they start falling behind in tech they can never get back up.

The biggest problem for the Romans is that the biggest part of their territories are considered overseas and that will put a big dent in their finances. What is Muscowy doing in Ukraine , Romania and Bulgaria ?!?! O.o

The biggest problem for the Romans is that the biggest part of their territories are considered overseas and that will put a big dent in their finances. What is Muscowy doing in Ukraine , Romania and Bulgaria ?!?! O.o
    I assume it's because the AI calculates the Romans as it's "natural rival" and decided to gobble them up while they were in a dire situation. Also, they were Greek culture and so was just about every single province in that region (except for a single Russian cultured province).

I edited the save to reflect their primary culture is Russian now, in order to form Russia. I knew Muscovy would never invade Nov so I went ahead with tag switching to them and annexing the latter. On their own, they also invaded the Romans again in order to garner the main cores it needs to form Rus. So within 20~ years, they'll form Russia and get cores on everybody.

Rome is dead,
    Long live New Rome!