Thread: Post your Empire

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Post your Empire

I've been going for my first world conquest in a Paradox game. CK2, because it is my favourite. I started as William the Conqueror in 1066. I've been a bit gamey this time with strategic marriages and assassinations, but whatever. The world isn't going to conquer itself.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The situation is pretty neat right now. There are four empires; Britannia, the Latin Empire, and the two Mongols. They haven't bothered me during my expansion, so I haven't yet fought any of them. Between us four, it has been a live-and-let-live situation, so far. But that's going to change very soon, because the Latin Empire is running out of heathens, and me and the Mongols are running out of easy targets.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

What the hell happened to the Romans?

You mean the Eastern Roman Empire/Byzantines/Roman Empire?

I think it started when the Byzantines were weak from the civil wars they tend to have so often, when one of the eastern states got holy war'd by Seljuks. Rum spawned from those lands, and started claiming land from the Byzantines, who can't seem to keep their **** together in any of my campaigns. Eventually all of Anatolia was Rum. Then the Pope decided to crusade for Nicaea, and the Sicilians won the kingdom. After that, I'm not sure because I mostly ignored the wars. The Roman Empire just kept falling apart, and the Latin Empire kept growing. No idea what kind of claims they had, because Catholics don't normally blob into Orthodox lands without reason, and the Latin Empire was just a titular Empire - no de jure lands, so no de jure wars.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

In my games they are rather powerful. They do have civil wars often, but they seem to defeat any outsiders with ease. After last few patches, I have never seen anyone defeat them, including the Seljuks. In fact they once managed to reconquer everything down to Jerusalem when they bogged in a civil war and Fatimids took back their lands.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

The only times the Byzantines have done well was when I played as the Fatmids or Cilicia. Of course, they prosper and reclaim the old empire when I'm their neighbor.

My Meiou game at 1483
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The French just turned back to Bourbon monarchy!

France is again having that Bourbon dynasty flag from 18th century. The HM's government turned into a republic after I badly defeated them. But then, they lost another war of containment against me after two years (5 year truce was too long, so I changed it to one year). Then Netherlands, Italy, Austria and Britain all jumped on France to retake Dutch colonies and Italian territories.

After so many defeats, the reactionaries got angry with their republican government and rebelled, and somehow succeeded. They put the Bourbons back on the throne. And now I wonder if this is good for my German Empire or bad...

Why are the scores so low?

Jesus Christ dude the minimal amount of solders you need each region is 3% what the heck?

Not using 4 NF, one army that's way too big, not enough armies, only influencing Belgium.

1. The main point of the pic was to show the Bourbon restoration, not my scores.

2. I am influencing only Belgium because they are the only ones I can influence successfully. I have tried influencing the Dutch for two decades, with no success.

3. Not using all national focuses because three of them are reserved for colonizing (which just finished when I took this shot), and one for promoting pops here and there.

4. That army is so large only because I have planned to make it a Great War style army that can deal with the new powerful armies of France trying to liberate

5. More are under construction. I have planned to construct 10 such armies to complete the western front.

6. Score is so low because I don't give a damn about them. They are just numbers to me which I rarely notice, and I see them only to check my status as great power.

Well It's not your score I care about, it's how low it is in the 1870s, at the least there should be 1k+ ind scores easily.

Really? I am still 4th-6th in all of the things according to ledger, including score.

France has 334 ind and is in 2nd place, that just boggles the mind.

The French nearly overtook Britain in industrial points once, but when they got revolutions all over the land Britain constructed more factories and remains at the top on industrial points.

Yes but what is the UKs ind score then.

I haven't seen it since a few hours ago, but it had just crossed 400.

Yeah that's weird, you started at the civil war start date or something?

Nope. I had started at 1836. Britain's industry score was somewhat frozen from 1841 to 1856 if I remember right, I think it is a bug.

There was a large emigration from Italian states for some unknown reason in 1860s, and then they all got pounded by Gribaldi's Redshirts when France took Savoy. I tag-switched to them and noticed that their average militancy was above 7. Even the Pope couldn't resist the rebels and fell to the nationalists. After three years, I defeated Austria and formed German Empire.

Firenze!

Just Firenze without dreams of HRE

Ugly borders before forming HRE

HRE

Goal was to have a beautiful red Italy, and don't form Italy for that matter, starting as Firenze, in the mid game i did see a oportunity to become emperor, so why not.