Thread: Post your Empire

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Post your Empire

Too bad I couldn't get this mod. I am still hoping for an official Paradox announcement about a WW1 game/expansion for a game....particularly Vicky2.

Alright. So finally somehow the Fatimid heir turned Catholic. Now if I can kill that fat glutton of a Caliph I will lose my biggest enemy and I will get a loyal ally who can save me from the Ghurids who overthrew Seljuks about 10 years ago, and leave me constantly fighting for my very existence.

At the same time, my army got stalled in Russia because of supply reasons and is getting slowly annihilated....again. It is the third huge force I had sent against them, using all of my possible IC and a huge drain of my nation's manpower.

But finally, roads are being built and USA kicked Britain, so I have western front secured.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I'm not sure what you're talking about...

I am trying to think of ways to take down the Saito clan, and capture Kyoto from the Miyoshi:

Just started, but still no one wants to join my plot, even though the plot system in this game is 100 times better than CK2.

And of course, the Ikko-Ikki menace is one of the main problems of Central Japan.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Too bad I couldn't get this mod. I am still hoping for an official Paradox announcement about a WW1 game/expansion for a game....particularly Vicky2.

Alright. So finally somehow the Fatimid heir turned Catholic. Now if I can kill that fat glutton of a Caliph I will lose my biggest enemy and I will get a loyal ally who can save me from the Ghurids who overthrew Seljuks about 10 years ago, and leave me constantly fighting for my very existence.

At the same time, my army got stalled in Russia because of supply reasons and is getting slowly annihilated....again. It is the third huge force I had sent against them, using all of my possible IC and a huge drain of my nation's manpower.

But finally, roads are being built and USA kicked Britain, so I have western front secured.
    I feel they will announce it just have to wait until later in the year most probably for WWI DLC for Vicky II as i very much doubt they will skip the Great War during the timeline of the game, so keep your thumbs off.

Reminds me of the scenarios in Vicky I though A House Divided, A Place Under The Sun and The War to End All Wars; but this time in DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post

Just started, but still no one wants to join my plot, even though the plot system in this game is 100 times better than CK2.
    I always found unmodded Sengoku's plot system seriously broken. The AI never does anything with them. They start them up and invite people but almost immediately leave the plot every time.

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    I feel they will announce it just have to wait until later in the year most probably for WWI DLC for Vicky II as i very much doubt they will skip the Great War during the timeline of the game, so keep your thumbs off.

Reminds me of the scenarios in Vicky I though A House Divided, A Place Under The Sun and The War to End All Wars; but this time in DLC.
    I've already mentioned this but I see no reason to dedicate a expanson to ww1 when we already have a scenario for it in Darkest Hour & the mod for HoI3.

They already said they won't do WW1 in any of their games. If they do, it's most likely they'll handle it the same with like they did with Vick1.

The mod for HOI 3 isn't really adequate, I've finished the west in under 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    The mod for HOI 3 isn't really adequate, I've finished the west in under 2 months.
    That is the main reason I have not played the mod. Devs can make the 'professional' quality of the same thing modders do.

Nah that's , mods are often made into their own game or incorporated into the game.Also if you have any bit of intelligence it's easy as Germany to close up the war in 1914.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Not in a multiplayer game though, which is what a fair few of us did. That was a pretty balanced game.

When you put a human behind your enemy, the game gets very hard.

I had never played multiplayer in any Paradox title except Mount&Blade Warband, but I do remember a fellow player of mine saying that there was once a war in EU3 between his France-Burgundian alliance vs another fellow who was playing a nearly unified German state.

He told me that the war started in 1520s over ownership of Netherlands, but it continued on till 1740s until both players became bored and tired to tears and quitted. It was a total stalemate scenario, where the guy who played Germany came up with a huge army and march right up to Rheims until the French armies appeared and killed off his attrition-sick and demoralized army. Then the my friend would march on to Cleves and Oldenberg, where in-turn they were killed off. They took some time to recover from war exhaustion.

This cycle went on for two centuries, with both players trying to win by tech. When it turned out that they had done this tedious exercise more than 50 times, they got fed up. Then he told me that some huge rebels popped up in their nations, so they quit the game.

I wonder what would have happened if the same scenario was in Vicky2 and not EU3. Millions of men would be fed to the enemy for little gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Doge Greens View Post
    Not in a multiplayer game though, which is what a fair few of us did. That was a pretty balanced game.
    Ye I can see how MP would be good, they have the combat sorted out IMO, it's jsut the AI doesn't enough troops to stop a steamroll.

Originally I wanted to run this EU3-Vicky2 game to the end. Recently I decided to put this game to a rest at 1915.

(Ever since England formed UK, they get prestige from this ever-looping decision to release Australia, even though they don't even own Australia whatsoever.)

World map
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Asia

North America & South America

Africa

Europe

Dat Slovakia.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

gotta love when west ukraine is in karelia..
    what mod is that? i'm guessing you used an eu3 -> vic 2 converter, but aside from that?

New Nation Mod & /gsg/'s MiniMod.

Lol, crazy map. Prussia is totally out of Germany, and has large colonies in Africa. Venice owns nearly all of USA, and Slovakia is really WTF type.

CrazyShadowDami's Avatar Civis

Is slovakia the giant, kamcatkha-less russia?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyShadowDami View Post
    Is slovakia the giant, kamcatkha-less russia?
    Yes. Back in EU3, Muscovy never formed Russia because Prussia was sitting on all the cores they needed to fire. When I used the converter, it somehow used Slovakia instead but I don't mind.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Flanders inherits the entire Byzantine Empire. Glory was had!

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

dutch + catholic byzantium is best byzantium.