Thread: Post your Empire

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: Post your Empire

Better than Catholic in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrór View Post
    Ireland is orthodox.
    Yeah well I apperently married a Russian guy who turned my dynasty into a Russian one. By the time I noticed my chaplain was announcing the first county to become Orthodox. This is my first long game and I am making every mistake possible. More then half of my vassels where in jail before they started dying off under my current king.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

So there was a massive Jacobin revolution during my German Empire game. Nearly all of the population joined. I had to scramble to fight and had to call all my armies from the frontier, and barely won with only one of my 23 armies remaining.

Now there is another Jacobin club that is about to launch rebellion, and again most of my population has joined. What should I do? I have only that single army remaining at my capital.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

hahaha

The're rebelling for a reason obviously, appease them somehow.

I enacted the possible healthcare reform, and at least 1/4th of the club members are gone.

Other than that, I don't know what is the problem. All my factories are running fine, and I have tax set very low.

I love Health reforms, I play to get them infact. You're getting them due to your government type.

So should I let the rebels win and turn into a democracy?

EUIII - Here's my Burgundian Empire. Just fought a war with Austria & Bavaria, the last one was Holy Roman Emperor and could bring in 70,000 soldiers. You can see my gold provinces? Near Venice and Gold coast in Africa? Don't forget gold province Tenochtitlan.

I am planning to conquer the mediterranean area and build a base to get to Asia.

How do you like the Caribbean part of the Empire?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Can you not just launch an Asia mission from Madagascar?

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

The awesome things in that screenshot are Polotsk, Ottomans actually being successful, and Wu (at least, I think it's Wu).

Just sail round to India. Those nations will generally give you MA fairly easily. Just pick on minors and get a beach-head, then it's easy going to destroy those nations with Holy war and superior tech.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Yaps. It's Wu. That brown enclave within Wu is Ming.
    Ottomans are fairly easy to beat. Just position ships around Constantinople and conquer Greece, as I did.
    The most awesome thing is octopus Austria. About India: it's a problem since Sweden has 20K troops there =\.
    I have broken my alliance with them and try to capture their colonies by this: 'support revolt -> support colonist'.
    For now I am getting revolts everywhere due to my protestant American colonies and Regency Council =X. My heirs die every time.

More screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

When diplo-annexed a nation and looking to another country, I love to say: 'You're next'.

Nice empire.

I think you should resurrect Byzantium, and help them neutralise the Ottomans.

Thanks! Going to help the Byzantines definitely. Hmm should I send gold in order to get them some army?

Quote Originally Posted by Quintillius View Post
    Thanks! Going to help the Byzantines definitely. Hmm should I send gold in order to get them some army?
    You are welcome. Sending gold will help, but allying with them and then helping them out is even better.

Here's a Sweden -> Scandinavia game in NNM 1.5 for Victoria 2.

(World Map)

(Just Scandinavia)

The Netherlands sided with the US when they tried to dismantle the NGF. Unfortunately for the Netherlands, the NGF was allied with me, Russia, and the UK, so they were quickly defeated. I got most of their colonial holdings in the East Indies.

Scandinavia's ranking are as follows...

Prestige - 1st by a large margin (~3.5x the #2 spot) due to colonization, inventions, and the other GPs failing to achieve war objectives.
    Industry - 6th. Didn't micromanage it at all, hence why it's so low.
    Military - 2nd. Army is decent, but Scandinavia's navy is the strongest in the world.
    Overall - 2nd. UK is #1, while the USA is #3.

GP list in 1936...

#1 - UK. No big surprise.
    #2 - Scandinavia.
    #3 - USA. Used to be #2, but lost a lot of prestige in that botched attempt to dismantle the NGF.
    #4 - North German Federation. Somehow failed to steal Wurrtemburg from Austria/Austria-Hungary, hence why it never became Germany.
    #5 - The Russian Empire. No idea why it's not high (Russia's usually in the top three in my games), but it did spend the latter half of the game in a constant state of warfare. Mostly against the USA and China.
    #6 - China. Used to be #2 and would've been #1 by 1936 had Russia and the UK not succeeded in dismantling it.
    #7 - Italy. Formed early, became a GP, then lost GP status and got sphered by France until like 1920, when France lost GP status after getting completely occupied by the NGF.
    #8 - Austria-Hungary. Occupied by the NGF and Russia during the same war that knocked France from the GP rankings, though they didn't suffer quite as much.

Wow, great empire you got there! I wonder how did you manage your population, especially after conquering Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Wow, great empire you got there! I wonder how did you manage your population, especially after conquering Africa.
    I tend to be hands-off in regards to my population, at least when it comes to colonial holdings. However, this game was odd in that I did manage to turn a few of those colonies into states, so I had to redirect some national foci down there to up the number of crats/clerks/capitalists. Other than that, Africa was mostly conquered for soldier POPs and natural resources.

CrazyShadowDami's Avatar Civis

"Le Tzarstvo"
    Last edited by CrazyShadowDami; January 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM.

What were the tops 3s actual scores?