Page 29 of 340 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738395479129 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Post your Empire

invading korea and shortly japan, will do china now.

*evil british laugh* TEA, LOTS OF TEA!!!!!, my good chums!

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Marku View Post
    lawrence how do you do that world map?
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=245853

Load your save game, and then select the country viewer.

Double post, but hey, you're not a saint either.

Iraq in 1696, in the west, center, and east.

AV = Allied and Vassaled
    V = Vassaled
    S = Self

Trivia:

Iraq has 780,000 manpower with a 500,000 strong army.
    Income is 1890, with 1100 going into research, 120'ish into maintenance, and 240 into monthly income.
    My inflation is at -.24 a year, if I put it at 0.00 a year, I will get 700 ducats a month, but only 700 into research as well.
    Badboy = 580+
    Only 10 countries have more than 2 provinces, Iraq has ~820.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm going to try and reduce Ming to a few provinces, then Italy, then Austria, my vassal and ally
    Last edited by Lawrence of Arabia; February 11, 2008 at 04:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

My, the Manchus are a handful. With British India safe and sound, I decided to try my own version of the First Opium War. In 1839, I set out with an expeditionary force of 15 000 men and invaded Guangzhou. I was met with virtually no opposition at all and proceeded to take Macau. To the north, my fleet of 52 ships led by Adolphus Braddock quickly and decisively destroyed theirs of 150. I was safe and sound until 1840 when They came. Tens of thousands of them. Battle after battle I fought, with minimal loss though it was obvious I could not hold out for much longer. I decided to send Christopher York with an army of 30 000 from India. And damn it, he knows to impress a king. He fought his way across China, defeating armies twice the size of his and plundering towns and cities. The Manchu Emperor was engaged in a battle with my expeditionary force and try as Christopher might, he just could not get there in time. In revenge, he went up and down the entire coast, taking everything for the glory of the British Empire. The war ended with Fujian in British hands (as well as my being able to create a new CoT there).

Bonus screenshot of empire. The difference between me and you guys is that I'm not greedy. I only take what I need.

Last edited by Niles Crane; February 10, 2008 at 12:41 AM.

Blasphemy! The Caliph mandates that all the world must be ruled by Muslims for Muslims. The Iraqi Caliphate liberates the people one province at a time.
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

As I got the darned editor to work, I thought I should show off my all time favorite Dutch empire.

Last edited by Atterdag; February 10, 2008 at 04:57 AM.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Great empire. Fair play on India

@LoA: You must have the worst reputation ever. Have you even bothered colonizing? LOL

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Octy
    The difference between me and you guys is that I'm not greedy. I only take what I need.

I
    only take what I need to take...
    And the emperor says I need to take the entire ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post

I
    only take what I need to take...
    And the emperor says I need to take the entire ocean.
    On this world map, Persia looks really small... I think I will need to take it.

The USA was a problem too. As soon as the colonies declared independence, I quickly sued for peace, given that I had nobody there to protect my provinces. Ten years later, I come back with a fleet and an army. The war lasts all of two months or so, ending with my getting everything except Manhattan. In 1833, I come back to finish the job only to find that they had colonised parts of Africa. Bloody hell...
    Last edited by Niles Crane; February 10, 2008 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Great empire. Fair play on India

@LoA: You must have the worst reputation ever. Have you even bothered colonizing? LOL
    I have 550+ bad boy points, a.k.a "We are hated by the world" (except by those who are your vassals and allies, m'lord)

I've only colonized Africa and a few colonies in N Asia.

India and NE Asia are a pain in the butt. I have my tolerance sliders for them all the way down until I can convert all the Sunnis. I have 4 armies in India (20,000 men) and 5-6 (50,000 men) in NE Asia to put down rebels and to guard the Ming-Iraq border. (Ming and Iraq, sharing a border, crazy).

I've converted almost all of the Pagan provinces, with North America with a demographic of 30% Muslim, 70% Christian.
    Last edited by Lawrence of Arabia; February 11, 2008 at 04:31 AM.

I've never played a colonial expansion game before... I always like having a mass of provinces under my control surrounding my capital. And I'm a fan of contiguous empires.

I'm definitely going to start one and maybe take over the new world for once.

i want to be britain.....but they suck at trade when you start in 1453.....so i cant play them at all

I dont get how to play nations that arent trade oriented

where do you get money for research?

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by gr33kp1mp777 View Post
    i want to be britain.....but they suck at trade when you start in 1453.....so i cant play them at all

lol, and I never ever use trade.

Production and tax is where you get all your cash, basically.

Smithian economics helps...

Quote Originally Posted by gr33kp1mp777 View Post

Look at this screeny. It shows you how well I do without using too much trade.

Trade makes up 6% of my rather large income. The only thing that gives me less are my manufactory buildings and vassals.

I even have 66 merchants a year (5.5 a month)! Maybe my BB points limit my trade, even though I possess 80% (at least) of the CoTs....
    Last edited by Lawrence of Arabia; February 11, 2008 at 04:28 AM.

What's that bar on the left saying how much infantry/cavalry/artillery? Where can I get it?

Spart's Avatar Senator

That information can be found in the ledger.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    What's that bar on the left saying how much infantry/cavalry/artillery? Where can I get it?
    It's under the ledger. There's a page that compares the size of each nation's military and breaks down the constituent parts of each as well.

Also, as Britain, I'd just start colonizing right off the bat. Try to get as many of the coastal provinces as you can so you can limit your rivals' colonization.

where should i go?
    or should i do portugal?

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

I don't think it matters too much, really. People say SA is richer than NA, so you could do that.

You'll still have to colonize as Portugal too.

Yay I started my first colonial game as the Netherlands. I chose them because they have a good position for that thing and, well, I've never done it before.