Page 26 of 340 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176126 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

King Edward III's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Post your Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence of Arabia View Post
    Then what do you think of this?
    According to the Theory of War, which teaches that the best way to avoid the inconvenience of war is to pursue it away from your own country, it is more sensible for us to fight our notorious enemy in his own realm, with the joint power of our allies, than it is to wait for him at our own doors.

- King Edward III, 1339

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Lol.

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post
    Lol.
    Would be hilarious if the USA formed, and I invaded them to overthrow their dictator George (Washington).

Also, the only Muslims left in the world are Brunei, Kazakh, Aceh, and Delhi. I wonder if I can get the Inca to accept Allah as their lord.

Up until 1649, I also had the Papacy (in Eastern Europe, no less) as my own vassals. A bit humorous the pope was under the thumb of an Muslim Caliphate. Clearly there is only one God, and Muhammad is his prophet.

I'm going to try and destroy Delhi and Vijayangar next, since I don't have to worry about being attacked by Europeans. If I am, I have the two most powerful European countries as allies and vassals
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence of Arabia View Post
    Would be hilarious if the USA formed, and I invaded them to overthrow their dictator George (Washington).

Also, the only Muslims left in the world are Brunei, Kazakh, Aceh, and Delhi. I wonder if I can get the Inca to accept Allah as their lord.

Up until 1649, I also had the Papacy (in Eastern Europe, no less) as my own vassals. A bit humorous the pope was under the thumb of an Muslim Caliphate. Clearly there is only one God, and Muhammad is his prophet.

I'm going to try and destroy Delhi and Vijayangar next, since I don't have to worry about being attacked by Europeans. If I am, I have the two most powerful European countries as allies and vassals
    To my understanding, if the papacy is wiped out, a catholic theocracy anywhere in the world could become the new papacy. Including Riga.

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    To my understanding, if the papacy is wiped out, a catholic theocracy anywhere in the world could become the new papacy. Including Riga.
    Ah, okay. Well, I annexed them and haven't seen them pop up yet.

Since my last update, I annexed Brunei and Makassar; I reduced Aceh and Norway to one province; I took 1/3rd of Denmark's European holdings, and 7 provinces in the New World; and I'm currently hunting down Lithuania's last colony on the western side of South America, and Scotland's holdings in Eastern Russia and on Tasmania.

I realized I was vastly underrating myself when it came to centers of trade. Right now I earn 37 merchants a year (3.0825 a month), earn 1200 yearly, 130 monthly, and only have 0.3 inflation from Gold Rush events.

My manpower is also at 495k, waiting to go over 500,000 when I demand provinces from Lithuania and Scotland.
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Curious- Why don't you take over southern africa, and just leave the Sahara as it is?

Also, some very interesting placement of nations, Papacy in Lithuania, Korean provinces in Southeast Asia....

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
    Curious- Why don't you take over southern africa, and just leave the Sahara as it is?
    Those black territories are permanent terra incognita, I have all of Africa except one Castillian province.

Also, some very interesting placement of nations, Papacy in Lithuania, Korean provinces in Southeast Asia....
    I imagine they allied with the Ming when they took out the SE Asian countries.

Right now I am taking the English's North American holdings. They currently have most of modern day Mexico, Canada, and America.

Nutsack's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    True. I've seen Utrecht, Riga, Salzburg and Avignon become the new papacy. What I wonder though is what would happen if all the Catholic theocracies were depleted :hmmm:.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsack View Post
    True. I've seen Utrecht, Riga, Salzburg and Avignon become the new papacy. What I wonder though is what would happen if all the Catholic theocracies were depleted :hmmm:.
    There are none left, thus, no pope

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Imageshack reduced the size, I might upload the full-size image later.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hahaha, world domination as Iraq. Epic.

I have never seen it with a country that isn't European or Ming.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post
    Hahaha, world domination as Iraq. Epic.

I have never seen it with a country that isn't European or Ming.
    I am going to attempt constant warfare to see if I can destroy every single country, with the entire world being loyal to the Iraqi Caliphate.

How did you survive with so many BB?

Doesnt every nation kill you?

All your merchants die?

Is BB really not even an issue?

Can I just annex everyone!??!!!

Doesn't your game lag itself to death now?!??
    Last edited by gr33kp1mp777; January 26, 2008 at 12:45 PM.

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by gr33kp1mp777 View Post
    536,000 manpower with a 300,00 man standing army.

Strangely, I have yet to have either Delhi or Ming declare war on me. It is only the foolish Europeans that think they can destroy me. It also helps that I have Burgundy and Austria as allies and vassals. Since they are my vassals, they will side with me every single time.

All your merchants die?
    Only send them to my own centers of trade. I have 30 of them.

Is BB really not even an issue?
    Not when you have the highest land tech, highest manpower, and the highest income

It takes a long time. You have to gradually wither them down to one province. You definitely can't diplo-annex anyone with 200 BB points

Slower than it was before, yes. However, there are fewer countries that the AI has to make decisions for.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

BB just means more people declare war on you, if you are stronger than everyone else, what does it matter? BB wars are actually useful to world conquering. No stab hits for declaring war, everyone decs you.

All your merchants die?
    Rep only effects merchants in foriegn CoTs. If you have a huge number of provences, you probably have alot of CoTs, and therefore you can make a high trade income within the empire.

If you are strong enough, of course.

I tend to find that the dramaticly decreased number of countries makes the game run faster, though this is offset by the way the game inevitably runs slower as you play longer campaigns. So it just doesn't get slower, while a normal game would.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous View Post
    BB just means more people declare war on you, if you are stronger than everyone else, what does it matter? BB wars are actually useful to world conquering. No stab hits for declaring war, everyone decs you.
    Quite correct, it also helps if you have the Deus Vult NI, and you have a national religion that is shared by few others (Shiites, Confucianists and Shinto[ists] specifically)

DimondLight's Avatar Senator

Annexed Scotland and Leinster...Pesky Connacht won't ally with more or I'd have them too. Also have St. Helena, but I don't feel like wasting a screen on that. Oh, and do you have to have cores on the provinces you need to create Great Britain to unite it?

My colonies...France and Castille have the majority of N.A., so I didn't even bother to go up there.
    Last edited by DimondLight; January 26, 2008 at 02:55 PM.
    Proud American

Quote Originally Posted by DimondLight View Post

Annexed Scotland and Leinster...Pesky Connacht won't ally with more or I'd have them too. Also have St. Helena, but I don't feel like wasting a screen on that. Oh, and do you have to have cores on the provinces you need to create Great Britain to unite it?
    You just need to own them and wait.

My colonies...France and Castille have the majority of N.A., so I didn't even bother to go up there.
    Africa is a very good place to colonize. There are slaves, ivory, and gold and you'll have little competition.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Personally I suggest just go to Cape if you want to colonize Africa - the weather is too hot for European.

By the way, just wait until France is get rape by Burgundy and Aragon, then seize their land in North America.

DimondLight's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Personally I suggest just go to Cape if you want to colonize Africa - the weather is too hot for European.

By the way, just wait until France is get rape by Burgundy and Aragon, then seize their land in North America.
    Aragon is down to 1 province, and Burgundy down to about 3. France is also ranked like number 2, so I don't think they will do much.
    Proud American

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Austrian WC campaign that I've been promising pics of for about... forever. Campaign is, obviosuly, going wonderfully. A concerted effort to steal everyone elses colonies once their colony bunches (and the AI always colonizes in bunches) reaches over 500 in pop and to not let most reach city status, means I dominate the world, and with a huge Austrian culture at that.

First off, Northern Europe.

All mine, obviously. Most of it has been mine for some time, though Scotland was only finished recently, as was France just a very short time before this, after about 20 wars.

Spain and Northern Africa.

All of Spain is constantly occupied. I just dec war and get a massive war score from the start, and take what I can of their colonial holdings, which were massive, but are growing ever less impressive. Northern Africa is all mine except for the Spainish holdings and the occupied Mamuluk holdings.

Central Europe

My stronghold, my fortress, my center for world domination. Obviosuly I hold Austrian lands, and have held most of Germany for a long, long time, as it was the first place I expanded. The Ottomans put up a good fight, but not enough of one. Italy was easy. As was most of the steppe.

Southern Russia, Central Asia

These were pretty easy wars, alot of this was taken from Persia, who I slipt in half very early, and so was able to sieze these provences every war, and they were never able to reinforce them because I refused military access, as did the Timurids.

Western Africa

Mostly taken from Mali and from France and Portugal. The rest was me filling in the gaps with my own colonists.

South Africa

This was actually mostly my own work with colonists, as shocking as that is. And obviously I beat up on some african nations.

Southern South America

Taken from Incas, English and Portugese. A bit of my own work as well, but not really. All pretty easy wars. I had lots of high tech troops, and they all had almost no soldiers.

Northern South American, Carribean

All taken from Incas, Spain, or French. Again, easy wars.

North America, Central America

Central America was taken from natives, western North American was taken from French, southern america was taken from english.

Northern America

All taken from Spainish very recently. As I said, I can occupy all their homeland at will, and just take what colonies and provences I can. Rather effective really.

Southeast Asia

Islands mostly taken from desperate Enlgish colonization. A bit of Portugal as well, as well as a tiny bit of France (maybe 3 colonies). Also, killed a few asian nations.

Australia

Portugal was frantically colonizing once I had it down to one provence, but since I wanted to annex them, I went ahead and stole the colonies, so now I've got a bunch in Australia. All taken from Portugal, with no resistence really.

So the world is really in my hands, and its not even yet 1600. I can't imagine expanding faster, but I've seen people do it, I just don't see how. I've been at a breakneck pace except a few 5 year lulls to restabilize my empire, shift troops, etc., and one 15-20 year regency council or something. Money is no object at all. I make so much per month its ridiculous, over 2000. Putting most of it into tech, which meant I was way ahead and tech. And now all the other latins are almost gone, which means tech is a runaway. I earn a huge cenus tax as well. Manpower isn't even fair. I've got over 700+ in my standing army too. You can see my trade domination (of course, many CoTs are available to just me and Spain, and Spain has no money...). My navy is large, but alot of tranports, so its not as powerful as it looks.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant