Page 25 of 340 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075125 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Post your Empire

Am I the only peace loving person in this thread?? I never expand soooo much before for any of my game except Ming!!!!

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Here's the latest update on the Iraqi Caliphate (Theocracy)

Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

DimondLight's Avatar Senator

Just got EUIII, first campaign as Portugal...

Proud American

Who should I (Iraq) attack next?

Should I unify Africa? Go after the Timurids? Ottoman territories in Asia Minor? Qara Koyunulu (they have dishonored an alliance 3-4 times)

The year is 1584, by the way.
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

How the hell did you expand so quickly?
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Squash the infidels!

Or rather, I mean destroy the traitorous Qara Koyunulu.

I gotta get back to my Iraq game... I haven't taken much more land since last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin the II View Post
    How the hell did you expand so quickly?
    Deus Vult, QftNW, and the Yearly Colonist NI. I allied with Qara Koyunulu at first and took over the provinces in the Arab peninsula.

Mamluks declared war on Qara Koyunulu. I don't honor my alliance with the latter, and ally with the former. I slowly colonized Africa until Adal declared war on me, dragging the Mamluks along with them. I only had 10,000 men, but 2500 ducats. I proceeded to raise 45,000 mercenaries and after three wars. I had all of their territory except Zanzibar and Cairo. After that, I was the clear regional power. (and arguably superpower, as I have yet to lose a war)

On the other topic, any suggestion for what I do next?

I have 34/35 BB points, so I'll probably declare war on someone and then occupy their territories until my BB is low enough to take some provinces. When I was fighting the Mamluks, I once accidentally turbo-annexed them and got to 78/34 BB points. Needless to say, I went back to a previous save.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet
    Squash the infidels!

Or rather, I mean destroy the traitorous Qara Koyunulu.

I gotta get back to my Iraq game... I haven't taken much more land since last post.
    I will have to try and fabricate claims on one of their provinces so I don't suffer a stability hit for declaring war on them. Stability would take forever to raise back to +3. I have avoided any sort of stability hit since 1550 when I last changed my sliders.

Deus Vult is wonderful when you're a Shiite. The only other nations that are Shiites are Iraq, Khurosan, Qara Koyunulu, and Persia. (Persia hasn't formed because of Qara Koyunulu not possessing provinces which belong to the Timurids.)
    Last edited by Lawrence of Arabia; January 22, 2008 at 08:10 AM.

King Edward III's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence of Arabia View Post
    Who should I (Iraq) attack next?

Should I unify Africa? Go after the Timurids? Ottoman territories in Asia Minor? Qara Koyunulu (they have dishonored an alliance 3-4 times)

The year is 1584, by the way.
    Colonize America.
    According to the Theory of War, which teaches that the best way to avoid the inconvenience of war is to pursue it away from your own country, it is more sensible for us to fight our notorious enemy in his own realm, with the joint power of our allies, than it is to wait for him at our own doors.

- King Edward III, 1339

Quote Originally Posted by King Edward III View Post
    Colonize America.
    My naval tech level is approaching 2, and my entire navy is made up of 3 ships. (A carrack, galley, and a cog.)

I think I should expand it to probably 10x that size so I don't have to reinforce western Africa by forcing an army to trek across the entire continent.

Another problem is that most of the Americas have been colonized, I could probably declare war on the Maya, Aztecs, or Inca though.
    Last edited by Lawrence of Arabia; January 22, 2008 at 08:40 AM.

My navy is large enough to move lots of troops from Persia to Africa very quickly now. I did manage to take most of Arabia in the last two wars I fought, all thanks to the Mameluks trying to molest me. And I got the east side of the Nile. However, I'm pretty sure they are going to declare on me again for that.

And, finally, I somehow managed to become a vassal of a one province state. Thankfully Persia declared war on me, and the war ended without any loss on my part after they captured my liege's one province and annexed them.
    Huzzah...?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post
    My navy is large enough to move lots of troops from Persia to Africa very quickly now. I did manage to take most of Arabia in the last two wars I fought, all thanks to the Mameluks trying to molest me. And I got the east side of the Nile. However, I'm pretty sure they are going to declare on me again for that.

And, finally, I somehow managed to become a vassal of a one province state. Thankfully Persia declared war on me, and the war ended without any loss on my part after they captured my liege's one province and annexed them.
    Huzzah...?
    What year is it in that game? You should post a screeny or map.

Also, who vassalized you?
    Last edited by Lawrence of Arabia; January 22, 2008 at 06:33 PM.

Ak Koyulunu became the leading partner of a union, thus making me a type of vassal. Embarrassing because they had one province...
    I have never seen that before.

BEFORE (1584)

AFTER (1604)

I have 50/35 BB points, but I had a good plan to secure myself.

Before I went over the limit, I vassalized and allied with both the Timurids and Ottomans. Now I have all these small states declaring war on me and I have no qualms about annexing them.

Only 4 provinces left until I unite continental Africa. I will have to build up a large navy of probably 75 ships to destroy the Mamluk Armada protecting Zanzibar. (I currently have 45 ships.)

I really can not afford any stability hits, I'm at +3 thanks to Deus Vult and to go from +2 to +3 is 33,000 points. Needless to say, I'm not going to send my Caliph (Archbishop) into battle and won't accept any events that lower stability.
    Last edited by Lawrence of Arabia; January 22, 2008 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence of Arabia View Post
    On the other topic, any suggestion for what I do next?
    I suggest a three directions expansion - dominace Africa, then Ottoman, then Central Aisa, India and Russia.

That means, you may want to occupy Algeris and Morrocco and whatever in Africa first, then move your main army into Asia Minor and Balkan, then into Timurd, India and probably Russia.

The final goal - be the ultimate champion and solo ruler of Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I suggest a three directions expansion - dominace Africa, then Ottoman, then Central Aisa, India and Russia.
    Africa's pretty much complete. I will probably dissolve my alliance with the Ottomans, and then grant them independence. After that, I will promptly invade them and take whatever I want and maybe the Timurids will even help.

That means, you may want to occupy Algeris and Morrocco and whatever in Africa first...
    Annexed Algiers, and will annex Morocco soon.

then move your main army into Asia Minor and Balkan, then into Timurd, India and probably Russia.
    Only 3 countries in Asia Minor. Two possess one province each, the other is the Ottoman Empire. Should be easy, especially with 125k manpower.

The final goal - be the ultimate champion and solo ruler of Islam.
    Only 10 Muslim nations left. Iraq (me), Ottoman Empire (vassal), Timurids (vassal), Mamluks (two provinces), Khurosan (one province), Qara Koyunulu (two provinces), Malacca (one province), Brunei (one province), Gujarat (one province), and Delhi.

Delhi has quite a few provinces, but I already defeated them in a previous war.

Note: I have over 200 provinces, and only 69 are not Shiite (mostly Sunni).

Then you may want to consider the liberation of Muslim countries in South-East Asia. Trust me, playing with Ming + Japan + Korea + Manchuria is very fun (seeing your enemies bring 100k of army into your territory).

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Then you may want to consider the liberation of Muslim countries in South-East Asia. Trust me, playing with Ming + Japan + Korea + Manchuria is very fun (seeing your enemies bring 100k of army into your territory).
    I'm confident I can match their numbers. I have 125,000 manpower. Instead of invading the Ottomans, I will probably just advance rapidly eastward. If I can grab the rich provinces of India, and the manpower of East Asia, I will dominate the Europeans even more easily.

BEFORE (1604)

AFTER (1621)

I added the Austrians to my list of vassals and allies. I had to fight a war against them in an alliance headed by Burgundy.

Since I have ample BB points (80/35), at somewhere around 1615 Burgundy, Austria, and Castille were in an alliance together attacking me. I had to make an unfavorable peace (I gave them 1,000 out of my 15,000 ducats). Then, when Austria vassalized and allied with Yaroslavl, I attacked Yaroslavl in order to bring only Austria into the war. Easily occupied some territories and quickly demanded Austria become my vassal.

Now I have an even more powerful group of allies. The Timurids and Ottomans have taken severe stability hits due to being forced to attack fellow Sunnis again and again that they are always chasing rebels. Should be easy to destroy them whenever I choose. Probably after I mop up some more Europeans.
    Last edited by Lawrence of Arabia; January 23, 2008 at 06:25 AM.

King Edward III's Avatar Primicerius

Someones quite the Imperialist.
    According to the Theory of War, which teaches that the best way to avoid the inconvenience of war is to pursue it away from your own country, it is more sensible for us to fight our notorious enemy in his own realm, with the joint power of our allies, than it is to wait for him at our own doors.

- King Edward III, 1339

Quote Originally Posted by King Edward III View Post
    Someones quite the Imperialist.
    Then what do you think of this?

Eurasifica in 1650

Some neat figures:

110 monthly income, 1050 yearly income.
    26 merchants a year, 5-8 monopolies on CoTs I own.
    ~200,000 standing army, 412,000 manpower
    BB = 220/35
    Austria, Burgundy are vassals and allies