Page 24 of 340 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233344974124 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Post your Empire

Behold! The rising republick of Novgorod.

Right now, Im the most advanced nation in the region (only Pskov comes close).
    I have 3 vassales: Riga, Lithuania and Mazovia.
    And every other one of my neighbors is my sworn enemy (except for Moscovy).
    I have a limited monopoly on fures (thanks to my recent conquests).
    Im also building my first textile manufactory in Polotsk.

PS: Thanks for the advice guyes.
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

I've decided to start a new game with a modded version. I would like to have a crack at the mod you guys are using, would you give me a link?

The best mod out there hands down is Magna mundi.
    Magna mundi gold
    There are 2 versions, for Napoleons ambition and for the originall EU3.
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5052/eu3mapbx9.jpg

I figured I'd post my Muscovy/Russia empire up, my empire is the one coloured lime green, the year is 1686. I vassalised and annexed Lithuania (about 15 provinces) and Bohemia (about 8 provinces), all the rest was acquired by conquest or colonization. I'm currently not allied to anyone and don't have any vassals because most of the world hates my empire , I'm only friendly with France and Bihar (dark purple colour in India/Southeast Asia) for military access through their lands.

Western Europe (England, France, Burgundy, Aragon, Castile and Portugal) have been at peace with each other for probably more than 100 years which sucks, they are also in a big alliance ring with each other, with the exception of France which is only allied to Provence.

I just recently got out of a very bad war with Swahilli and the Mamluks, they were allied with each other and I had to march my armies from Egypt all the way down to Mozambique, this was a bad mistake because the attrition my armies suffered was extremely high, to finish the war I had to send more armies by ship from Saudi Arabia/Yemen across the Red Sea/ Gulf of Aden and some more armies by ship directly to Mozambique down the east coast of Africa.

The Ottomans (light green) gained most of their land in Europe by conquering it from Hungary, my armies are ready to attack the Ottomans and make them cede a bunch of provinces to my empire, then I plan to march my armies over to the Timurids (army green) and conquer some more provinces from them.

OMG.
    Are you cheating?
    How the hell did you colonise all these lands?

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

In EU 2 people could take over the world as Navarre.. if he is a prof that's not unlikely..
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin the II View Post
    OMG.
    Are you cheating?
    Nope, I'm not cheating. To colonize the Americas I just sent in a couple armies lead by conquistadors to explore the land and to kill the natives off before sending in the colonists, it increases the chance of colonization if all the natives are dead, there's probably some disadvantage to doing this but it doesn't seem to of effected me (possibly because I've cut off all diplomatic relations with other nations apart from military access from France and Bihar, I don't know).

Also to reduce the amount of provinces other European nations can colonize I focused on colonizing all the coastal provinces on the east coast of the Americas first, if a European nation beats me to colonizing a coastal province I just colonize the inland provinces around that coastal province so they can't expand further inland.

I got the colonist idea and have a colonist adviser, also I never let my colonists amount/stock reach 5, it's usually at 0 or 1 because I'm always sending colonists to lands where the natives have been exterminated.

I was actually quite late at colonizing the Americas, I sent an explorer along the east coast probably around the mid to late 1500's and found that the western Europeans had already been colonizing the east coast for at least decades, so I quickly started colonizing anything I could to limit their expansion.
    Last edited by Saxon Huscarl; December 28, 2007 at 06:04 PM.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Huscarl View Post
    Nope, I'm not cheating. To colonize the Americas I just sent in a couple armies lead by conquistadors to explore the land and to kill the natives off before sending in the colonists, it increases the chance of colonization if all the natives are dead, there's probably some disadvantage to doing this but it doesn't seem to of effected me (possibly because I've cut off all diplomatic relations with other nations apart from military access from France and Bihar, I don't know).
    Well, if you don't kill the natives they add to your population once the colony reaches city status. So if you kill 6000 natives your population will only be like 1000-ish as compared to 7000-ish. Outside of the population effects and the effects that has, I don't think there are any others. None spring to mind.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin the II View Post
    OMG.
    Are you cheating?
    Easy. If England in AI can conquer half of North America before 1500 I think it is quite possible for a human to do that. Besides, Inca, Azetc and Maya are sooooo easy to conquer (send in 10000 infantry, ask them marching endlessly).

Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous View Post
    Well, if you don't kill the natives they add to your population once the colony reaches city status. So if you kill 6000 natives your population will only be like 1000-ish as compared to 7000-ish. Outside of the population effects and the effects that has, I don't think there are any others. None spring to mind.
    Ah ok, thanks for the information . Not much of a disadvantage at all then, that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Easy. If England in AI can conquer half of North America before 1500 I think it is quite possible for a human to do that. Besides, Inca, Azetc and Maya are sooooo easy to conquer (send in 10000 infantry, ask them marching endlessly).
    Yep, all the native American civilizations were conquered within a year I think, some even a couple months, the only native American civilization to put up slight resistance was the Inca, they took a little bit longer to conquer.
    Last edited by Saxon Huscarl; December 28, 2007 at 07:13 PM.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Heh, I just annexed Prussia and the Swedish Empire.
    Now I just got to annex Poland and Denmark. After that I'll have a nice island naval base, complete control of North Europe, and colonies in North and South America without ever sending my armies or colonists to those lands.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Hello to you..

Last edited by Atterdag; January 01, 2008 at 12:27 PM.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Nutsack's Avatar Primicerius

:O the Russians have Stockholm? You have to change that and form the Kalmar Union!

My Mameluke Empire:

And it's colonies (Maldives and Ceylon excluded from picture):

My most recent conquest was that of Mesopotamia. I have had my eyes on this rich river valley for a very long time although previously the Persians had been my allies. While the Persians asked for my support in their defensive war against the Timurid Empire I declined and instead turned on them to easily recieve 4 of these provinces in a peace treaty.

I am now converting them to the Sunni belief .

I am thinking about annexing Cyprus next.
    Last edited by Nutsack; January 02, 2008 at 08:33 PM.

Hail the Federal Republic of Iraq!

Oman is a terrible ally. They ask me for an alliance, and when I get attacked they refuse to help. As soon as the war is over they ask to be my ally again! Its happened twice so far.

When my other ally, Najd, did the same thing, they were punished severely. 75% of their land was partitioned among me and my allies. Let this be a warning to all who betray the great nation of Iraq!

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

I'm surprised you expanded that far into Mamluk territory. They have lots of soldiers in the beginning, and if you start with the 4 Iraqi provinces, you do not have nearly enough to deal with them. You're doing very good for it being just 1470.

I didn't ally with any of the Arab states on the peninsula, and when I did vassalize them, they would never diplo-annex to me. I ended up just breaking them off into an independent nation and declared war on them.

Also, for the first NI, did you choose Deus Vult? It's a god send.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

someone play morea and crush the turks please

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by gr33kp1mp777 View Post
    someone play morea and crush the turks please
    That is near impossible in most games. There is absolutely no where to expand outside of Athens and the islands in the Mediterranean. Even if there were, the Turks descend upon you like vultures upon a carcass.
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

i once almost did

i got athens naxos crete and cyprus........after that, i made plans to invade italy to gain enough strength to defeat the turks

So, italy seems like the place to go after the islands

PS: i modded them into the latin tech group

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

Getting those Mameluk territories was relatively easy. Their armies all crowded into Ethiopia and Egypt, and when they declared war I was able to send armies into the adjacent territories, capture them, and send a diplomat before they could give a strong response. I lost a lot of men holding the line, but once I got the provinces I made demands right away, and, I guess, they didn't value those provinces very highly. I didn't have a high enough warscore that would normally persuade the AI to accept such demands, but they did.

But of course nothing beats my game as four-province Prussia where 26-province Lithuania accepted annexation. XD That made me feel like I was cheating...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post
    Getting those Mameluk territories was relatively easy. Their armies all crowded into Ethiopia and Egypt, and when they declared war I was able to send armies into the adjacent territories, capture them, and send a diplomat before they could give a strong response. I lost a lot of men holding the line, but once I got the provinces I made demands right away, and, I guess, they didn't value those provinces very highly. I didn't have a high enough warscore that would normally persuade the AI to accept such demands, but they did.

But of course nothing beats my game as four-province Prussia where 26-province Lithuania accepted annexation. XD That made me feel like I was cheating...
    I didn't bother trying that, but I finally destroyed the Mamlukes/Mamelukes/Mameluks. They were my ally, but sided with Adal when they attacked me. It was a bit strange since Adal had only two provinces.

I decided to hire a large mercenary army. My forces went from 10,000 to 65,000, with 60,000 of them as mercenaries. I occupied every one of their provinces, and walked away with Sinai, and Gaza which severed them
    from their northern provinces, and then also received two of their large Arabian provinces. That ended our first war.

I then ally with Qara Koyunulu (after not honoring our alliance 20 years previous) and find the Mammi's want military access to defend their northern provinces. I, of course, deny them those privileges.

Another year passes, I dismantled all of my mercenaries and replace them with 40,000 troops raised from my provinces. I place them all along their border, and then Adal declares war again. Apparently they didn't learn the first time and got themselves into another war.

Two months later, Adal wants peace. I grant it peace, and then re-occupy the Mammi's territory. I end up receiving all of their provinces except Cairo, and a few which go to Qara Koyunulu.

10 years before the war (1540)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

AFTER (1564)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: