Thread: Post your Empire

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Post your Empire

The Burgundian Republic, In the year of our lord 1820

Burgundy has brought Western Europe from an age of Feudal Wars destroying European Society, to an enlightened democratic state. Burgundy now stands as the worlds most powerful nation.

-Bohemia has reformed and is fighting a civil war
    -Great Britain is fighting rebellions in Portugal, and a religous civil war at home *notice how the papcy controls huge parts of the British Isles*
    -The old monarchies of Europe have been ravaged by Burgundian Arms, with Austria being the latest victim, and the others watching in Horror as in only weeks Austria falls to Burgundy
    -Russia, China, and the Middle East are in complete chaos, with no one power holding any position anywhere.
    -The America's are dominated in the South by the Milanese Exiles, In the North by Castille controling the Mississippi watershed, and Burgundia in the center, with various colonial states fighting for independence.

-What I would have done different :
    >Gotten Revolution and Counter Revolution ASAP, omg its amazing, especially for the all endangered Republic!
    >Ignored the America's completely, It diverted my attention and I would have conquered India much sooner.
    >Been more involved in worldwide diplomacy and wars. Barely noticed what was going on worldwide unless it involved me.
    >Be more proactive regarding provincial decisions

*when you get to the point where you get like 10 magistrates a year, it becomes impossible to do it manually, any way to auto it?*

-What I learned :
    >Spread your naval forces out to combat Pirates, and keep a huge reserve for real wars.
    >Use Patriots more often
    >Production FTW
    >Espionage FTW

The World in the Year of Our Lord, One Thousand Eight Hundred and Twenty One.

So, what nation should I play next?

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Free Tibet?

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Did you ever fight Castille? It looks like the only European nation relatively untouched.

I wrecked Castile several times, that is how I got Pinero and Navarra.

They then offered me an alliance when we were at like -100 relations, and since then we were always friends.

The last time we went to war was like 1650, and they + Great Britain were usually good allies.

Hmmm Tibet, sounds extremely hard=/

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

I'm sure you'll take life by the balls and drive the Hindu scum into the sea.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

1805 continued from before:

at the turn of the century i threw my BB to the wind (its now 88).

took some valuable stuff off korasan (blue guys in ME), took a crap load off manchu and the other chinese guys (Xan? xin? qin? well whatever, the yellowy geezers next to manchu).

then hit manchu again later and took korea off them + a little more.

colonised the crap out of what is modern day russia (realised my colonists were set for 400 people - think that was because i wanted AI to colonise the americas quickly to make for a bit of a more even game, as i tend not to bother with colonisation)

had to keep bribing up HRE to stop them from warring me (they were rather adament to drop relations by repeatedly insulting, trade embargoing, insulting some more..etc etc). until BB came down, however now i dont care so whateverrrrrr.

So nearing the games end i still have only a third of HRE's income (at a time when they're suffering a hell of a lot of rebellion occupations, most of england's rebel controlled now) and probably a similar scale for army too tho their numbers have dropped to under 100k more than me currently due to their rebel issues.

Perhaps now is the time for the eternal war vs them, whilst they're at their weakest - tho it will take me like 2 years to get all my back to europe and around half of my army numbers is made up of cavalry armies to react to rebellions..

Doyle141's Avatar Primicerius

What the ...
    O_o who are you ?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doylεr View Post
    What the ...
    O_o who are you ?
    I think Scandinavia.

Doyle141's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Of Crunk View Post
    I think Scandinavia.
    Pretty amazing campaign though. Taking down Germany and Portugal and Castille or whatever that faction in Africa is would be quite an interesting campaign.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

in my earlier post i explained that i had played as Austria, had formed the HRH before 1500 even came about and thus became too powerful for the game.

So i switched to scandinavia around the middle of the 17th century with the aim of creating a state that could fight HRH. However nearing the end of the game im still miles behind on income and military.

having said that though; ai obviously ed up through massive war exhaustion with distant enemies and other such crap - they allied with me briefly and i got a sight of their european holdings - england was lost to rebels (england/cornwall now own it all) and rebellions were EVERYWHERE. Brandenburg have spawned with a bunch of provinces + some others that are garentueed to turn up soon.

Realising all this, and noticing that their armies had dropped to 80k less than me! (from a point where they had over a million men..down to 270k or so..thats just terrible), still a big issue when they are some 18 land tech levels higher than me...but i took the chance and warred them.

some reason photobucket doesnt let me upload pics very big at all anymore which is ghey (probably some bs about paying nowadays..)

but basically i put some red lines in SAmerica and west africa to shwo that HRH owns provinces there (their colour is too similar to grey wasteland..) - top of canada etc they own too, forgot to put red lines there

I won my war as HRH were desperate not to be in conflict as they tried to deal with rebellions all over the show. got a few provinces out of the deal and lots of moneys. (my victory slider wasnt all that high so i got a lot more than i would have done, if anything, had they not been completely ed with rebellions)

Oh and before that i took acouple of provinces off Chagatai or whatever they're called (makes my borders look nicer, and quicker to move armies now from east to west/vice versa.)
    May go all out on the chinese factions before the end of the game tho it will take me sometime to move all my stuff back over there..basically at a loss of what to do when the game is so close to ending - maybe kill lithuania to make a nicer border
    Last edited by Carach; November 13, 2010 at 12:22 PM.

My EU3 Ming campaign below. I have a little problem though... I have taken almost all territories that I have discovered, without being able to hire explorers... But now I'm getting attacked by factions that I cannot see, like the Timurid Empire. My government tech is only at level 1 while I need level 5 to get a new idea slot to recruit explorers... Are there any other ways to get to know these hidden lands without having to wait for a few years for my goverment tech level to get to five?

Screens

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

While playing press F12, then visit the screenshot section in your EU3 directory and click on the map, that give you a good overview of how the world looks like. About the level-up system, I guess you need to constantly invest it. What's your netto income per year?
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Quote Originally Posted by Arto View Post
    While playing press F12, then visit the screenshot section in your EU3 directory and click on the map, that give you a good overview of how the world looks like.
    Nothing happened when I did that... (only pressing F11 created a screenshot, but there's nothing special with that one compared to the above three). But I don't really want to know what the world looks like, it's just that I now can't move my armies into the territories of other nations because I simply can't see them.

About the level-up system, I guess you need to constantly invest it. What's your netto income per year?
    Attachment 121051

As you can see I'm now investing all my spare money in government technology, but it will still take at least 30 years before I've reached tech level 5. So I was wondering if there was another way to explore the world without the "New World" national idea...

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

You can go into unexplored territory if you are at war with the nation in question.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    You can go into unexplored territory if you are at war with the nation in question.
    I didn't know that!

Thanks for the tip

EU III HTTT: The absolute monarchy of France (with rapid expansion preventing house rules to keep things interesting)
    I'm not finished yet, but I just had to share this shocking event
    This campaign has been mainly a war of the 'alliance of centralist states' (=France, Trier and Scandinavia) vs 'coalitions of colonist states' (= Spain, Portugal, GB, Milan, Yaroslav) in the last century.
    The alliance expands in European mainland, every attempt to fight on the seas, for example my attempt to invade GB, resulted in a complete destruction of the French fleet.
    I got the second strongest army in the world, an ex aequo with Milan (who is HRE), first being Portugal having 50k more men than me. Since the Portuguese have much colonies to defend, they don't pose much of a problem, the only real military threath is Milan, I really need my ally Trier to beat them or I need to fight a war that takes ages.
    World in 1723:

Now Portugal had been in a PU with Spain for a very long time but since Spain was such a huge kingdom I guessed nothing would happen, WRONG
    [/URL]

That makes the world in 1730 look like this:

I'm currently re-recruiting my troops after a quite hard war with Milan which made me lose some of my 30k armies (damn you HTTT system! ) and I'm gonna invade Portuguese Spain as soon as I can and hopefully kick them out of Europe before they get too much troops there.
    I mean they already had 50k more troops than me, now they got the entire Spanish kingdom who were 5th place in military rank

Now what about the other countries:
    Trier: Been my closest ally ever since the religion change, I'm protestant, they were protestant untill stupid HRE convinced them to rebecome catholic, still we're good allies. The mainly focus on conquering the entire HRE.
    Scandinavia: Also one of my closest allies, is protestant. Unfortunatly they have been at war with GB for the last 10 years who completely blokaded them and took away their lust for war.
    Portugal: At the start we were allies, I aided them in conquerin some of the western arabic land, and that way I made their way to their colonizing madness which now backfired on me . As you can see they currently have a monopoly on America and Africa.
    GB: Been quiet last days, they haven't done much colonizing in the last 20 years, only entered wars because they are defender of the catholic faith.
    Milan: Trying to reform the Roman Empire, together with the byzantine empire they destroyed the ottoman empire which is now reduced to Rhodes. Then they backstabbed BE and started invading Turkey.
    Yaroslav: Been quiet, got in some wars with Scandinavia a while ago which made them lose quite some land, also one with Milan recently who forced them to release some states

For anyone who's interested here's what my kingdom looks like:

He who wishes to command must know what it's like to obey.

Pretty impressive

But why don't you have any colonies?

The Papacy : 1404.

I immediately moved towards Centralization *got destabilized thankfully instead of pretender* and I immediately insulted then attacked Umbrio while recruiting 2,000 men. I annexed them immediately then waited a bit.

Naples as usual took Epirus and got into a war with Ottomans, leaving mainland Italy open. I recruited 2000 more men and attacked, sending 2,000 seiging all their provinces at once, while my Navy patrolled and the Ottomans pinned them In Epirus. This is the result of the peace.

EDIT :

The Papacy, 1433 :

The Papacy has funded nationalists in Epirus who broke away from Naples, creating their own nation. The Papacy attacked following their independence and was drawn into war with Naples and Sicily, Sicily became a vassal of the Papacy and Naples was annexed. By 1422 it was possible to annex Sicily, and the next 11 years were spent sending gifts and demanding annexation. In 1433 the papacy annexed Sicily.

So now I am the surrogate super-naples with a new name. The army now numbers 16,000 men with 8,000 cavalry, and the Ottomans are done for, meaning Venice will be a tough nut to crack as it has swallowed Greece. I will also come into contact with the HRE in my conquest of Northern Italy. Badboy is currently at 20. I also have a DIP 8 pope, so I was able to pass the liquor act. I also got my first national idea, Military Drill, and am using all my slider moves on centralization.

The Papacy : 1458

I attacked Milan in the 1440s and seized Parma, Pisa, and Siena. Manuta seized Verona and then Savoy attacked and annexed them.

Then I got the mission to reclaim Ferrara, so I attacked and annexed it. Aqueillia, Venice, and Manuta were allied. I took out Mantua and got Verona. Then I took out Aquellia and got Istria. Then I peaced out with Venice for Tresivo *not before supporting rebels all across Greece to keep them tied down*. I was then attacked by Savoy. Not wanting to deal with waiting for BB to go down I simply nasalized them.

Now I plan to take out the central Itallian States still alive, and get all the territories required to get the "Kingdom of God on Earth" event.

The Papacy : 1481

Genoa and Venice got into a war, and Venice won. It stripped Genoa of its empire overseas and reduced it to its capital, so I swooped in and annexed it. I then mopped up the rest of the Itallian states via Excommunications, with the exception of Tuscany which I got a core on via event. Savoy was peacefully annexed now in 1481 after constant trying since 1684. I now need to build a Navy to combat Venice, and am only 1 province away from forming God's Kingdom on Earth, and that province is Venice...
    Last edited by Axeman; November 21, 2010 at 04:17 AM.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

Quote Originally Posted by PatricianS View Post
    Pretty impressive

But why don't you have any colonies?
    I once started to get some colonies in Africa but when I got in one of my first wars with Portugal, they destroyed my entire fleet and demanded me to give the colonies to them, since I didn't have a fleet and Spain wasn't in a PU with Portugal then, I could not harm Portugal in any way, giving me a negative warscore+ war exhaustion so I gave up the colonies

He who wishes to command must know what it's like to obey.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Formed the Byzantine Empire as Greece in 1893. [I did however decide to force Russia into taking Ottoman Aleppo Region (ONE province), but other than that everything's legit, and I was under the infamy limit all the way. I retrospect I would have let the Ottomans take Aleppo, then I could have ceded it to Eygpt for 3 infamy, but I didn't realise at the time that one province was even part of Aleppo]. I'll leave the screenies for when the campaigns done.

I'm trying to beef up my military score as much as humanly possible (going to grab Tanks in 1900 and then make the most of the insane numers of Turkish soldier Pops I have) and then destroy everyone. I do however have virtually no navy bar transports right now, which is a bit annoying, but nescessary to keep up on the Industry / Land fronts. Ideally I want to reach a point where I fall to Fascist rebels ridding me of the huge balkan SoI i've built up, and then go on an annexing and conquering spree, hopefully with such an insane military score no-one will think of going to war with me, as no-one did in my Scandinavia game. I'd just love to finish with something I really can call the Byzantine Empire reborn.

Italy (without the Papacy joining it) just DoWd me. Not for the logical reason of expanding their African holdings (they have just Tripoli, which borders me), but because they want my half of Bulgaria (no idea why... simply no idea. My lack of a navy probably means they'll occupy all of my islands, but I can occupy Tripoli and force the White Peace.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.