Thread: Post your Empire

Their Law's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Post your Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    How did Spain manage to spread it's animism? Is it treated like the normal religions in MM?
    Yep, paganism is actually a religious grouping and has separate sects like any other major religion.

There is:

Animist (representing north American and European paganism)
    Taoist (South American pagans as well as some west African states)
    Fetishist (Sub Saharan animism.)

They all get there own missionaries. Personally I'm not sure how Spain became Animist, i'd like to think that instead of destroying the Aztecs, Cortez converted to their faith and exported it back home.
    "You have a decent ear for notes
    but you can't yet appreciate harmony."

Ah if only MM didn't run as smooth as smokers lungs on my computer .

Ah if only MM didn't run as smooth as smokers lungs on my computer .
    You'll just have to wait for the MM the game to come out .

Or until I get my ungodly powerful new computer in a month or two.

Or until I get my ungodly powerful new computer in a month or two.
    Or that....

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm going to have a nice colonizing-round-the-globe campaign. Maybe as England. I've never tried to colonize every continent and important coastal region before...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post
    I'm going to have a nice colonizing-round-the-globe campaign. Maybe as England. I've never tried to colonize every continent and important coastal region before...
    At the end of this Hungarian campaign, I'm going try a Japanese state. I want to be as far from Europe as possible.

We're switching places, geographically.

O'snap!
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Well your screwed, without Rommel what's the point .

Quote Originally Posted by Their Law View Post
    Well your screwed, without Rommel what's the point .
    Well, there's always Fast Heinz!

I'll bloody miss him in France though, I always use him to wreak havoc behind the French line, capturing unguarded territory.

It'll not be the same with Panzergruppe Schweppenburg...
    Last edited by Dodge; July 20, 2010 at 01:45 PM.

Jodius's Avatar Libertus

My current game with HTTT. Just formed the HRE as Burgundy and spent the last few years just trying to stabilise the damn thing. My legitimacy has plummeted seeing as all the people I had marriages with have just...well...gone... Also all my neighbours hate me, so fun times.
    Current plan after stabilising is to bring all the remaining small states in my sphere into "compliance" and then absorb France into das Gross Reich.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Right it's final update time for my Hungary campaign. The year is 1821 so it's the endgame.

Map of the world in 1821:

The revolution arrived in Portugal in all places in 1789. Meaning every country in Europe had a Casus belli against differing government types. So for me (being one of two Republics in the entirety of Europe) it meant that i promptly got attacked from three sides simultaneously, by a counter revolutionary alliance of Bohemia, Austria, Poland and Bulgaria

It was a close run thing. I very nearly lost the war in the first 3 years when my main army (30,000) got annihilated by a combined allied army (75,000) in Sopron. Poland was nearly the death of me, i had no idea how much men they actually had until they started swarming through the Carpathian passes and into Transylvania. My previous assessment of Poland was based on their ineffectual performances against Bohemia and Russia. But i guess they rediscovered their winged lancers in the intervening years.

Luckily for me Russia decide it was time to really expand into the southern steppes and dragged Poland into a war with it via it's ally Crimea. So just when it looked like my last remaining army was going to be run under the Polish cavalry stack of doom i get a White Peace offer from Poland.

Thank you Russia Thank you!

Without Poland i managed to stabilise the front to the Croatian/Bosnian border in the west and the Serbian/Hugarian border in the east. But Bulgaria in particular was massively behind me in tech meaning I could defeat armies twice the size of my own resulting in me slowly pushing them out of Hungarian lands and into modern day southern Serbia. When i began advancing into Greece and Thrace they sued for peace and i took Prizen and Nish off them, culturally Serbian so i now have all Serbian provinces in my territory. By now the year was 1803.

In the west it was a bit trickier. Austria was on par with me on tech and prior to the massacre of Sopron i had an army which was just on par with them. Post Sopron my western army consisted of a cavalry stack of 5,000 against an Austrian force of 45,000. So for a good while Austria was slowly marching closer and closer to Buda and the trade centre province of Dalmatia (important as their entire state traded through the province). So i had to play a desperate game of hit and run whilst hoping i could rebuild a new army in my Romanian provinces.

It's only really with the peace with Bulgaria that i could shift my eastern forces to help the newly rebuilt Army of Hungary (made of ethnic Romanians). At this point both our countries had a war exhaustion score of 20.00 and both of us would probably settled for a white peace. It's only really due to the fact that Austrian forces made a stupid mistake and tried to assault the level 6 fort province of Buda that i know own Austria's Slavonic provinces.

Bohemia did nothing except perhaps cheer from the sidelines.

By now the year was 1812, so this war had lasted 23 years.

The remaining 9 years were spent bringing down my awful war exhaustion and desperately trying to keep my infamy below the limit, the HRE provinces have an event which adds 3 infamy when you occupy them ON TOP of the 2 i got for them in the first place. So the Austrian provinces cost me 20 BB points. Which is just 1 short of my limit.

National Summary So here is the Federated Republic of Hungary circa 1821:

The religious map of the Glorious republic. Let it be known that true enlightenment comes only through Lutheran teachings and not the words of the Pope or Patriarch.

The cultural map of the republic. Behold how the Slavic peoples embrace true Hungarian enlightenment and willingly embrace our enlightened guidance.

And now for some statistic and a pie chart for those who like those sort of things:

Not sure which country to try next. I'm partial to trying a Japanese minor with the aim of uniting Japan because i think getting out of Europe will be interesting. Persia also interests me as i'd like to try and hold of the Ottomans without a convenient straight to blockade.

But looking at the map and seeing

RUSSIA

painted in huge letters across a huge expanse of green makes me want to try Muscovy with the intent of painting the world Green.

The world didn't change much aside from colonization and how the hell is Scotland alive?

The world didn't change much aside from colonization and how the hell is Scotland alive?
    Britain got the release nation event and opted to release Scotland. It's a vassal of Britain.

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

how the hell is Scotland alive?
    I've seen Scotland take over the whole island a few times by rebellions.
    My pony jumps ever so high

England, 1475

I reinstalled EU3, updated graphics drivers and more, due to some severe computer-crashing graphics errors.

Me in black outline, allies with blue.

Starting in 1452 I fought a couple long wars against France and Burgundy (not at the same time). I retook my cores on the continent with the help of Portugal each time. It was difficult, where the only reason I didn't get stomped right away was the awesome Royal Navy and some good generals. I got kicked off the continent a couple times, but I always came back and had many small battles where I eventually destroyed the enemy armies, allowing me some time to capture a couple provinces and get a peace offer I liked.

In this campaign I don't intend on making a giant blob empire. I'm going for a colonial empire with limited territories in Europe, including Ceuta, Gibraltar, Normandy, Great Britain, and maybe a couple German provinces (like Bremen or Brunswick). Having smaller territories spread around makes the game more fun. It means many wars with less certain outcomes. Even if I win a war, most of the time I'm going to demand only money or the end to a vassalage. I'm also leaving enemy cores on my land so they have more reason to attack me.

Indefinitely Banned

My Ottoman Empire:

I started in 1399 with Historical leaders.
    IN Nomine + WWM 3.31

In 1592:

Vassals: Crimea, Algiers, Morocco, Najd, Oman
    In 1653:

In 1670:

New vassal: Adyega

In 1683:

Sweden got pretty big colonial empire! France was my ally for more then 100 years until it decided to cancel alliance for no reason and trade embargo me, I had 5 merchants in 3 French COTS.
    Stupid Morocco created ugly shape, colonized one of the African territories, I knew it would be better to Diplo-annex them!
    England is totally screwed up! It still has 8 level techs in all fields! It bankrupts almost every year. It's inflation is just huge! So Ireland got united by Tyrone and Scotland is dominating main British Isle.
    Holland is strong too and is The Holy Roman Emperor, before was Prussia, it went on rampage on small German states, no one was to oppose them since they were The Emperor.
    Guess who has warned me? Chechnya lol.

I'ven't uploaded yet the latest screens of my Empire.
    Last edited by L-Burna; July 26, 2010 at 08:02 AM.

Very interesting stuff Their Law. I'd like to see you reunite Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones