Page 19 of 340 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728294469119 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Default Re: Post your Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    heh, my german campaign never had that problem, by the time i got to the stage of making Germany i could destroy any faction in the world - i fell upon ming with 250 thousand men.

no lack of manpower for me!

The manpower wasn't so much the issue - given enough time, I could smash any enemy armies, though I didn't quite have enough forces to assault each city as I went by - the problem was that my navy would be destroyed, and my war-score immediately go negative as the blockades started
    Citizen under the patronage of Garb.
    Ex Administrator, Senior Moderator, and Content Editor.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    In a certain online campaign I am currently participating in, fighting in the balkans had horrendous casualties. Burgundy and I, Italy, were assailed by Persians and Ottomans. 60,000 dead on both sides in Karnten alone. 18,000 of my italians dead in Istria.
    And yet we pushed them out of europe and into asia minor, booya.
    before my pc broke i was playing an online campaign with a few others - one guy was england, another castille, i was austria and the hosting guy was france.

the french guy was saying he was entitled to this land and that, even german land! :O as Austria i found this offensive and moved to cut off french expansion - i allowed him to have a coastal strip all the way up into denmark. but it was when i began an invasion of some italian factions that he then piped up and said he wanted half of italy - i cut off his access though and he threw a major hissy fit and we never played the campaign again lulz.

Austria/France - conflict is an inevitability

Peace - at least at the time of the screenshot (Hamburg, Switzlerland DoWed since then, I annexed the former and let the latter off; and Corsica dragged the Golden Horde into a war I can't hope to finish ffs )

Rep is 80 or 90, haven't checked of late - my main problem is that I haven't been able to build armies for several years as all my manpower is being absorbed by casualties. I need a five year break to get back up to speed, then I can sort that out (accidentally suicided a dozen or so units by sending them into a battle where they were 10x outnumbered on the way home for R&R )

Bloody Lithuania annexed Hungary, too, so I can see another war brewing on that front (Lithuania is still in a personal union under Poland, yet gets to be the alliance leader, making a two-step peace necessary)
    Last edited by sapi; November 09, 2007 at 03:32 AM.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Lol, that is quite funny. Normally I prefer to vassal others rather than annex them, at least their land is good in something.

Godsh, my Edward V in my current English campaign is a diplomate god, he inheritted whole Sweden and two rebel provinces of Norway. Now I am the master of North Europe.

I normally prefer vassalage, too, but in this case my rep is so high that I don't see myself being able to pull off a diplo-annex without a rare, 9 or 10 stat king, so I'd rather get what I can, when I can

Besides, I'm so far above the threshold for a BB-war that the extra rep doesn't matter. The faction info page in the screenshot shows less than half of the truces I'm a party to, and even my ally in Barvaria is regularly caught spying on me

You can probably try to create some vassals, which would help you lower some reputation... However, vassals have a defensive AI which means they would only help you defend your land but not attack others...

I am thinking about releasing Sweden as my vassal now... Their land is poor and too huge, which is kind of waste of my money... Probably I would just keep the colonies in North Europe now...

I keep getting an irritating bug which means that I can't create vassals (got it in my Portugal campaign as well, button's greyed out saying 'you have no vassals to release'), so that's not an option. I'd rather keep the land anyway, to be honest.

That said, my vassals have actually made the trek from Germany to help me ward off the Ottomans, so the AI isn't *that* defensive

In other news, Spain DoWed and Portugal/Naravva joined in.

...I mean, what the hell?!

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by sapi View Post

I normally prefer vassalage, too, but in this case my rep is so high that I don't see myself being able to pull off a diplo-annex without a rare, 9 or 10 stat king, so I'd rather get what I can, when I can

Besides, I'm so far above the threshold for a BB-war that the extra rep doesn't matter. The faction info page in the screenshot shows less than half of the truces I'm a party to, and even my ally in Barvaria is regularly caught spying on me
    I am under the impression it is impossible for the human player or any faction without the random "lucky" trait to get a faction leader with over 8 in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    I am under the impression it is impossible for the human player or any faction without the random "lucky" trait to get a faction leader with over 8 in anything.
    Really?

Bugger

---

EDIT: Repeat after me. BB > 100 is bad. BB > 100 is bad

My armies had finally got back to full strength, too

Now it's time for my vassals to pull their weight, I guess ...

EDIT2:

Now I'm thinking that I might have to give up some territory, after being able to avoid that all game Bugger

Last edited by sapi; November 10, 2007 at 02:46 AM.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

How many ships were actually involved in the fight?
    I had around 30 ships, Sweden and Brandenburg around 50.. So estimated 80 ships.
    Last edited by Atterdag; November 10, 2007 at 05:31 AM.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Well, I did my second campaign yesterday. I started at the earilest date I could, 1492 (I have the demo) as Castille. I took the advice and pulled my finger out. Its not as good as most of the empires in this thread but its a start

So, what do you think?

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm gonna get back to my old Persian campaign. I finished taking over the Timurids, Georgians, won against the
    Mameluks, took Arabia and east Africa when I left off (and started my German campaign)... Now I'm continuing onward.

I bring you the mighty Vijayangarian empire. I plan on uniting India( Can you form Mughal with the Vijayangarians?), then maybe going east towards China. Or I could turn west and go conquer the Middle east, maybe even Europe. Technology is a ***** though, it's too slow, I'll never get guns it seems.
    You cant see it on the map, but the Ottomans have gone loco, they own a huge slice of Eastern Europe, including Memel

For some reason every time I play as a non-Indian nation Vijayangar takes over India. It becomes a duel between Delhi and them.
    And they eventually win, at least until Ming takes over Tibet, then goes south and ruins their party.

anyways, here's my Persian campaign so far... put into one map

I recently pushed the Spaniards out of North Africa, stole some colonies from Portugal on E Africa, went a little more around the Black Sea,
    and finished my conquest of Ethiopia. Now my aim is to take Asia Minor and thus close up a front. In the long run I'm trying for all Africa, India,
    and the Balkans. I am making an empire to take all Alexander the Great had, plus what he could have taken, and then Africa, just 'cause its easy.
    Last edited by LSJ; November 12, 2007 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Estlander View Post
    You should feel shameful to post this picture... Even AI did better than you (my AI Vijayangar in 1.3 always conquer India within 100 years, then move to South-East Asia or Iran).

I've never seen Vijayangar conquer India. Usually it remains ununited and if someone does unite it, it's Bihar.

Quote Originally Posted by ajm317 View Post
    I've never seen Vijayangar conquer India. Usually it remains ununited and if someone does unite it, it's Bihar.
    Really?? What I have seen and heard is Vijayangar always jump on eveyone in India except Ceylon, which I jump on them.

Anyway, does anyone know how to get a fight from Asian country?? I try to insult Ceylon and hope they would fight me but it seems they just ignore it... I also try to do same thing on Brunei too.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Estlander View Post

I bring you the mighty Vijayangarian empire. I plan on uniting India( Can you form Mughal with the Vijayangarians?), then maybe going east towards China. Or I could turn west and go conquer the Middle east, maybe even Europe. Technology is a ***** though, it's too slow, I'll never get guns it seems.
    You cant see it on the map, but the Ottomans have gone loco, they own a huge slice of Eastern Europe, including Memel
    damn u, i was playing a campaign as them ages ago but my pc broke and as a result i havent played the game in months

Personally, i'd go west and hunt down the euros but then ming could provide u with lots of good provinces before u do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ajm317 View Post
    i have seen them take pretty much all of india (bar their vassal states) and all the way to vietnam too - basically the whole of south/south east asia.

then i smashed them with 300 thousand german soldiers.

I got a bit of India, Asia Minor, and Granada (they insulted me... ) Plus a few provinces here and there in Africa and east Europe.

I wonder what percentage of the world's population and land area is under my control...

I realize that my empire has been expanding west from Persia... I want more land to the east so its more centered on my homeland.
    Time to go to India. For moar. I'll be fighting Delhi and its North Indian Empire.
    Long fight ahead... but first I must ship my Arabian armies to east Persia in preparation.
    I love being a vicious expansionist.
    Last edited by LSJ; November 18, 2007 at 12:28 PM.

Very impressive! What year is it?

Also what kind of map is that?