Page 17 of 340 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267117 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Post your Empire

oops?

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

:o

I faced a terrible war in my German campaign last week... But I reloaded and avoided it because it was too much. Ottoman + England + Scotland + Castille + Portugal + Aragon + Crimea + Lithuania + Muscovy...
    The worst thing is England because my colonies are surrounded by theirs and I have a lot of soldiers and ships stationed there...
    But supra-historical-revision-ism saved the day!

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

And then, thanks to the miracle of time travel, the reich was saved?

you guys are failures! not hardcore enough.

its ok to lose a war, give like a couple of provinces away then wait a year get ur stuff back together then wtfpwn them.

reloading is for the weak!

I'd be okay with losing a few provinces, but I played out the war for a while... as in multiple years, just to see what would happen. My provinces were swarmed by stacks of armies being magically pulled out of someone's arse. In this case, I found time travel a suitable option.

And this time I have a navy in the vicinity, and my Italian armies are on the other fronts that are more difficult to hold. And England seems to like me now. Much better... I prefer a strong Reich saved by a weakling than a crushed Reich led by a man with a sense of honour between him and his computer's central processing unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    you guys are failures! not hardcore enough.

its ok to lose a war, give like a couple of provinces away then wait a year get ur stuff back together then wtfpwn them.

reloading is for the weak!
    Trouble is, the AI doesn't like weaklings either. Even before the war had really begun, I knew my rather weak Ottoman armies stood no chance against the combined might of England, Austria and France. I knew the war would last for ever and would be superboring . So I quickly 'surrendered' and offered them some of my German posessions. With a 0% warscore, an 80% warscore offer is really worth considering, wouldn't you think? Well, the AI doesn't. It just likes to fight stupid wars.

Hence I too reload sometimes.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

The AI refuses so many great offers for peace...
    For example I once offered Algiers 2 adjacent North African provinces - 2 core provinces - and they refused it, when the warscore was only 3% for them.
    wtf?

doesnt usually occur like that for me. i can usually get a deal easy (unless i am the one thats winning)

maybe they thoughtthey could beat u completely? lol..

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post
    For example I once offered Algiers 2 adjacent North African provinces - 2 core provinces - and they refused it, when the warscore was only 3% for them.
    wtf?

If they still have the capability to wage war, they don't care, they want peace on their terms.

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    If they still have the capability to wage war, they don't care, they want peace on their terms.
    That'll contribute to the long road to their destruction

Btw, DP Is that EUIII your playing or? (with a map mod?)
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post
    wtf?
    It seems that AI in 1.3 becomes very stuborn and warlike. For example, I already destoryed French navy in English Channel several times, yet they offered me a silly peace offer and demanded me gave them two provinces and a large sum of ducat immediately. WTF?? I killed all your men and lost no one!!

Edit: I don't care about diplomacy now, going to crusade the annoying Norway.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Here's my Portugal "Empire" from the EU3 demo. I started in 1500 because of that really annoying truce with Morocco. I also have colonized Cape and Fernado Po

Mmm... for Portugal I would suggest to focus all the effort on South America, especially the three goldmine provinces (100 people, you got 4 gold per year), then shift to Africa for more goldmine and ivoy.

Portugal is best to play at 1453 though (everyone is busy for some kind of war).

Edit: your manpower is sucks... Go and get some people to fight!!

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Thanks! I have Cape but thats it. I can't start in 1453 though, I have the demo and it only lets you start at 1492. The reason I've no manpower is because I had two armies of 13,000 and I don't know how to get anymore because I've never had that problem before

1866 so its war with prussia right now, i had broken their backs but then the game crashed and i had to go back to the autosave

took stupidly long for me to beat 1 division (with 7 of my own!) in one ofthe opening battles. it didnt even have a fortress.

i had a few wars with the ottomans because of their proxies i wanted to gobble up, beat them every time then got into a tricky war with russia and the ottomans at the same time after i attempted to take wallachia (who's independance, i didnt realise, was garentueed by russia on top of the alliance with ottomans) so that was a bit of a slugfest for a while but they eventually accepted peace when i took a bunch of their stuff.

as u can see the crimean war wasnt very successful for the russians either; the french took some provinces in the far east (islands above japan and on mainland asia) as did britain, except britain gained a bunch of provinces on the black sea and baltic too. The russians had lost most of their european provinces to the 3 allied nations during that conflict (i remained neutral)

Funds are low but im slowly improving railways.

my german hoi2 campaign got boring after i conquered america heh so im playing viccy as the austrians to export later.

got a roman empire to do still aswell on hoi2
    Last edited by Carach; November 05, 2007 at 01:25 PM.

Carach--is that Victoria?

yea.

since that pic was taken i beat the prussians and made them pay war indemnities (no north german fed and no war against france for them and so on.. pretty damn good for austria in immediate future when u win against prussia tbh) - there were times when i looked like losing though (at least in my attack, i was almost always on the offensive)

took my revenge out upon the m0fos that didnt back me up when prussia started and ended up annexing a lot of thesouth and central german states. scrwed up a little and got some troops stuck though after the first war i did heh so i had to dec a second time.. bb points didnt do too well for that heh.

then i loaded up as denmark and started annexing northern states.likes hamburg, lepzeig and some mecklenburg territory and some of hannover's.

went back to austria and the ai had done a good job of screwing around with my nation (they were building a bunch of stuff like armies and ships and they werent taxing..) so i sorted that out and then then the ottomans decided to declare war on me for some reason and i completely wiped the floor with them and they offered me basically all of the balkans as far as modern day greece's border.

so basically im one big **** off blob in the middle of europe. Ill take a pic later maybe.

It possible for a group of people to play mp from this save game or?

Quote Originally Posted by King Arsen
    Btw, DP Is that EUIII your playing or? (with a map mod?)
    Yes it is... Its EUIII with a map graphics mod plus my own personalized mod.
    The mod I made is historically inaccurate to the max, but its fun. It adds Germany as a faction in 1460, as well as a united Netherlands, a larger Ottoman empire, larger Indian nations, more cash, and two extra spy missions: steal province (cost 1500 ducats... lol), and claim province (like existing one to gain cores but with a high success rate and very low cost).

The gain core one seems to be used by the AI a lot because they gain cores in the strangest places and then want to expand there... leading to many more wars and faster development.
    Darn Lithuanians want Switzerland.

The mod is also why I expanded faster in the beginning, and why I get into so many wars so often, with the smallest states (like Mantua vs the German Empire).

Lol, that makes spy a bit useful than vanilla.

Anyone knows what production in game refers????

Carach are you playing VIP?

What are your goals for this campaign?

Hahahaha I love your signature